Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Vickie Duyvejonck

61 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: It's Time to Congratulate Ken Wolff, The 239th POTW!
7/17/2010 12:21:19 AM
Congratulations Ken, you seem like such a wonderful person. So glad you got it. Have a great week-end.
+0
7/17/2010 5:08:45 PM

Ken, you have had a very interesting life up to now and like you said, sounds like many more years to come!! Loved your story.

It is great to have you back active in Adland, missed seeing you around.

Also glad to see you win the POTW this week!!

Sara

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/17/2010 5:54:53 PM
Thanks again Barry,

Ken Wolff
239 POTW
Have a great week

Blessings,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/17/2010 10:04:55 PM

No apology.

But everyone please read this.

(Forum owner, please delete this if it spoils your forum).

I am the first person to point out to new members that we, as a community, share a special respect for forum owners and uphold their right to decide who and how members post on their forum. But for once NO APOLOGY from me for breaking rules. I have no desire to offend but merely to make the lives of forum owners worthwhile.

If you search the forums you will see that those who post inappropriate advertising will be reminded that this isn’t the way that we behave at Adland. Rightly so.

We have a lot of forums here that are designed for business. Some promote and some invite others to post their business opportunities. These forums represent a part of Adland which is important. Many people arrive here looking for people to advertise to and others seeking opportunities or leads... That’s fine and it’s business that funds this wonderful Social and Business Network. We just need to remember that there is a social and personal side to all business transactions that prosper by repeat business. Do you deal again with people that give you poor service?

Ok, so you don’t share a desire to chat. Ok, so you don’t share a desire to bare your soul or to talk about serious or frivolous things. We are all, thankfully, different.

What saddens me is that so many devoted Adlanders spend time writing and compiling forums only to find that nobody visits. Why?

Time is important and for some, in short supply. Many new folk don’t know how. (Believe it or not, if you search the forums there are forums that are dedicated to new members and how to navigate this site). No excuses.

I’ve been around the Network block a few times and there are very few places on the web where business, lovely people and love ooze from all corners like here at Adland.

So, why are forums so badly supported?

Firstly, do people know your forum is even there?

Do people know how to navigate a forum?

Do people get so tired of notifications that they block them and then never know again?

Who knows?

DID YOU KNOW?

If you go the top of YOUR HOME PAGE HERE and click on forums that you will get a list of active forums and a list of the visits and when they happened.

WHEN DID YOU LAST CHECK to see what you are missing?

MAKE THIS VISIT TO THE FORUM LIST A ONCE A WEEK VISIT. Not much to ask is it?

Check out the forums of friends, subjects that interested you, whatever, BUT DO SOMETHING otherwise YOU ARE THE LOOSER.

There are those here who arrive at a forum and say “Sorry, I didn’t know this was still active”, how will they know if they never check?

I make no apology for posting this in a whole load of forums here. If I’m labelled a spammer it will be for the first time. You see, when I checked I found a lot of forums that I’d forgotten, neglected of missed. I DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Let’s get Adland back to the days when forums where full of visitors yet retain the big surge in new business visitors that we have experienced. This is THE BEST but it can be better.

Roger Macdivitt (just a member that cares)

+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/19/2010 10:09:35 AM

Congratulations Ken, the 239th POTW

Quote:

THE 239TH

Ken Wolff

My name is Ken Wolff. I have been an instructor most of my life. It started back when I was a child taking swimming lessons in Coquille, OR. I was not very good at swimming. I remember getting a lot of water up my nose and the chlorine burned my eyes. I was sort of a slow learner, but I was determined and stuck with it.

After a few years, I learned enough to become an instructor. After becoming an instructor I became a much better swimmer. I instructed swimming lessons through high school and college. In school I really was not a very good student. I would say that I was a slow learner. I had to spend twice as much time studying as the other kids to do half as well. Actually in high school I was more interested in playing. I did get in to sports so I studied just enough to stay eligible. I did much better at the University, actually graduating with high honors. I took a lot of PE classes to keep my GPA up there.

After graduating from Cal State University, Fresno, I spent a few years as an executive in a national youth organization. I was instructing adult volunteers in how to develop character in young kids. I enjoyed instructing so much that I entered a credential program and taught school for a while. I even became the coach of a girls basketball team. As much as I enjoyed teaching and coaching, I soon discovered that the classroom was too confining. What is more, is the amount of time that it took outside of class preparing lessons and grading papers.

No, teaching in a school was not for me. I needed to be free, to plan my own schedule and go where I wanted to go when I wanted to go there. I became a truck driver and found that I liked being able to go somewhere different every day. I really enjoyed the interaction with people. The pay was pretty good. I had a lot more time not being an executive or a teacher. My teaching was not over yet though. I joined the National Ski Patrol. In order to become a patroller, I had to take an Outdoor Emergency Care class.

Again I found that I was not a very good student. I had to study twice as hard to learn half as much. I actually failed the practical final, but I did not give up. I was persistent. I finally passed and took every opportunity to improve my skills. I became an Instructor of the Outdoor Emergency Care class. As the years have gone by I have taught a lot of ski patrollers to become instructors themselves.

Now, what does all this have to do with doing business on the Internet. I will tell you. I decided a few years back to start my own business. I had been a distributor in my parents business for years but had really not taken it very seriously. It was only when I saw their business going under as they got older that I decided that it was time for me to step up to the plate. I took every opportunity for training and did all the things that I was taught. However, progress was very slow. What it really was is that I was not very good at the business.

I really wanted to get good at this home based business thing. So I looked back on my life. The things that I did best in, I actually taught to others before I became good at them. Now I have looked long and hard at this business. I found that a lot of what I learned was not working for me. But I finally discovered a new approach that is already working better than what I was doing before. It is doing business on the Internet.

I know there are a lot of people out there that know a lot more than I do about it, but I am confident that I know tons more than most of the general population. Besides, I don't have to know it all. Nobody does. My mission in life now is to help people. If I can help anybody have a better tomorrow than they have today, I feel I am accomplishing what I was sent here to do. One more thing, I don't think God will take me away until I finish what he sent me here to do.

My list of things to do is so long that I think I will live forever.

LOL Ken

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!