Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
RE: Vote for the 227th POTW
4/20/2010 8:53:49 PM
Hello Members,

I am beginning to wonder if the real interest is down to the 20 to 25 who vote consistently?

Does anyone have feedback as to why the voting numbers are getting lower?

Thank you
Barry
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/21/2010 2:37:28 AM

Hi Barry,

Share you concern my friend :)

From my experience, when we have 'not so socially active' members nominated one has to expect less votes :) from what I see with the exception of may be 2 nominees the rest of our friends are only promoting their businesses....and its cold hard core business for them. Socializing in the community building a FRIENDS list in the real sense is what brings in votes really !!

The POTW was initially mean't for those members who contributed to the 'Community Spirit of Adland' ....not many I see doing that except for a faithful few :)

nuff said :)

Pauline

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/21/2010 9:23:22 AM
Hi Barry,
My vote is in.
Shalom,
Peter
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
4/21/2010 3:23:09 PM
Quote:

Hi Barry,

Share you concern my friend :)

From my experience, when we have 'not so socially active' members nominated one has to expect less votes :) from what I see with the exception of may be 2 nominees the rest of our friends are only promoting their businesses....and its cold hard core business for them. Socializing in the community building a FRIENDS list in the real sense is what brings in votes really !!

The POTW was initially mean't for those members who contributed to the 'Community Spirit of Adland' ....not many I see doing that except for a faithful few :)

nuff said :)

Pauline

Hi Pauline,

Thank you for the feedback. It is a good point and to be honest was one of several concerns for me. The other concerns include how do we get more members involved in the POTW and more importantly the entire community if we are only acknowledging the members we recognize?

Any new member coming into an online community like real life can sometimes feel like they are on the outsider looking in and are not sure how to get involved.

There is a thread for members to suggest a candidate and to date I have received 9 suggestions, which again is another concern.

My hope is to have a high voter turnout, with more suggestions for candidates, with the goal being to expand the community members involved.

I will welcome all suggestions and feedback, anything that will help the POTW's success. You can send me a message directly or post it into the feedback thread I have posted: http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2395897/POTWFeedback.aspx

Regards,
Barry

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
4/21/2010 4:32:16 PM
Quote:
Hi Barry,
My vote is in.
Shalom,
Peter

Thank you Peter,

Thanks for voting and I do appreciate your weekly support.

Regards,
Barry

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!