Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
10/9/2010 5:53:58 PM

Hello My Friends,

Prepared salsa and chili seasoning mix, speed preparation of this easy version of chili. This is the tastiest, easiest chili recipe you'll ever find. Best when served over cornbread, such as the recipe below. Also, I always add a few sliced jalapeno chili peppers for more heat, but that's a personal choice.

Blue Ribbon Chili

Ingredients

• 2 pounds ground beef
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
  • 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
  • 4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
  • 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans
  • 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans

Directions

1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion and saute for 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease, if desired.
  2. Add the ground black pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salsa, chili seasoning mix and kidney beans. Mix well, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least an hour.

Homesteader Cornbread

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
  • 2 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a small bowl, combine cornmeal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix in the cornmeal mixture, eggs and oil until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean

Have A Wonderful Weekend My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/10/2010 6:35:37 PM

Hello Friends,

Hope your Weekend's been Happy & Peaceful.

Today, I'm giving you a little something different. As most of you know, I've generally tried to stay away from Red Meat. Unfortunately, ever so often, I get a craving for Beef Jerky. Now I also know that many of you are involved with an MLM that markets Jerky, and I'm not trying to compete with you. However, if you're addicted to jerky, like I am, but are concerned about how expensive it can be to purchase, this is a very Tasty alternative. Make your own.

This is the very best jerky you have ever tasted. I've tried a lot of them, and this one's the best. I use venison when available, but cheap round steak is great also, and it's all done in my oven.

Beef Jerky

Ingredients

• 4 pounds round steak
  • 4 tablespoons onion powder
  • 1 1/3 teaspoons black pepper
  • 1 1/3 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 pinches salt
  • 1 teaspoon dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
  • 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 cup soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

Directions

Cut meat into strips no thicker than 1/4 inch. In a large bowl, mix together onion powder, pepper, garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and pepper sauce. Place meat into a container, and combine with marinade. Cover, and refrigerate for 24 hours.

Place oven rack on the highest level. Place aluminum foil on bottom of oven to catch drips. Preheat oven to 150 degrees.

Insert round toothpicks through the tops of the strips of meat, and hang them from the oven rack. Bake in preheated oven for 4 hours, or until dried to desired consistency.

Have A Great Day My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/10/2010 9:08:49 PM
Hi Phil,

I just wonder how many cook books you have. With all these recipes. I have another friend who has 100's of cook books, I think he is addicted to cook books. He is a great cook too. Just wondering if you are addicted as well. lol

The thing is I make a lot of copies of these recipes, I wonder when I will ever get around to using them. Thanks for all your good recipes.

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/11/2010 1:07:51 AM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks for stopping by my Friend. Interesting question.

The only actual "Cookbooks" which I have are all collected from either my Mother, my Grandmother, or the church. I used to use 3x5 Index Cards, but then I got a Computer. Now, all of my Recipes have been transfered to some type of Portable Drive, either USB or even a few are still on ZIP Drives. Also, I am subscribed to several dozen or more Recipe Services, from which I am constantly gathering new recipes. Usually, only a few each week are "keepers".

As my age, and unfortunately my health, has progressed & changed, my Diet has of course has had to undergo major adjustments. For this reason, I am always on the lookout for fresh, new, healthy, Recipes.

I don't think I am addicted to Cookbooks, but I obviously love to eat, and I'm always eager to try new and different cuisines. I'm always open to suggestions, Hint, Hint. Also, I love to Cook for other people, since I love to leave people with a Smile!

Have A Wonderful Week My Friend,

Phil

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/11/2010 3:08:25 AM
Hi Phil,

I had you figured out pretty good, I figured you loved to cook for people. That good ole southern cook, can't been them. Thanks for the recipe information.

Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!