Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Mr.
Mr. D

840 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: POTW Eligible Member Suggestions
3/5/2012 6:07:03 PM
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2012 5:59:34 PM

Hi Barry,

The VOTW was part of the write-in election a few years ago because those were obvious votes, but the comments for the electronic ballot vote are not a guarantee that the commenters placed a vote. People could just go in and make a comment without voting, so I don't know if it should be called VOTERS Of The Week, you could VISITORS Of The Week if the idea is just to have more traffic to the poll, more comments are more traffic, but not a guarantee that people voted.

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
3/12/2012 3:54:02 PM
Quote:

Hi Barry,

The VOTW was part of the write-in election a few years ago because those were obvious votes, but the comments for the electronic ballot vote are not a guarantee that the commenters placed a vote. People could just go in and make a comment without voting, so I don't know if it should be called VOTERS Of The Week, you could VISITORS Of The Week if the idea is just to have more traffic to the poll, more comments are more traffic, but not a guarantee that people voted.

Hi Kathleen,

Good points. It was something I thought of earlier with the voting and posting aspect of getting more people voting, however I never thought about the fact that they could post and not vote as I figured if they took the time to post they would take the time to vote which is even easier than posting. I don't want to complicate it too much as there appears to be more members coming in to vote so I would like to keep this VOTW as a positive reward.

Let me see what I can come up with and figure something out by mid week.

Regards,

Barry

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/12/2012 4:19:27 PM

May I make a suggestion? Put the voting directions in bold red directly above the voting box, Click the radio button and then click the Vote square

...because a lot of new members don't know they're supposed to also click the VOTE square and they don't read all the directions far above the voting box. So some people THINK they've cast a vote when they just clicked the radio button but did NOT click the Vote square, so some of their votes didn't really go thru when they thought they voted.

+0
Barry Scott

492 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/13/2012 2:34:16 PM
Quote:

May I make a suggestion? Put the voting directions in bold red directly above the voting box, Click the radio button and then click the Vote square

...because a lot of new members don't know they're supposed to also click the VOTE square and they don't read all the directions far above the voting box. So some people THINK they've cast a vote when they just clicked the radio button but did NOT click the Vote square, so some of their votes didn't really go thru when they thought they voted.

Thank you Kathleen,

That was a good suggestion and it is now above the voting box and will be there for future votes.

Regards,

Barry

VOTE FOR A NEW

PERSON OF THE WEEK

EACH WEEK

CLICK HERE

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!