Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: POTW Eligible Member Suggestions
2/24/2012 2:45:26 PM

Hi Mark,

It was intended to bring more voters to the election, specifically to make comments in the poll thread. Then 2 are chosen every week from all commenters, and they get their photos and profile link displayed along with the winner in the Congrats bio, and I'm hoping Barry will reinstate it to also display a link of their choice, to their business or any other site because that's a strong incentive to vote/comment.

+0
Mr.
Mr. D

840 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/1/2012 12:03:03 PM
Sorry for the delay, sounds like a plan. I am sure I will see it if it goes live.

Quote:

Hi Mark,

It was intended to bring more voters to the election, specifically to make comments in the poll thread. Then 2 are chosen every week from all commenters, and they get their photos and profile link displayed along with the winner in the Congrats bio, and I'm hoping Barry will reinstate it to also display a link of their choice, to their business or any other site because that's a strong incentive to vote/comment.

+0
Barry Scott

492 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/5/2012 5:11:26 PM

Per the: Voter of the Week

Would anyone be interested in running the "Voter of the Week"?

My time is pretty much maxed out and if someone could arrange to select random voters who have posted and get me the information for the next morning I would certainly place it.

I think it's a good idea and could help promote voting. We should have a rule of how often a Voter of the Week can win, as per a selected time period. For example once in a month or three etc...

Regards,

Barry

VOTE FOR A NEW

PERSON OF THE WEEK

EACH WEEK

CLICK HERE

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2012 5:26:26 PM

Hi Barry,

I don't think they should be selected at random, because then the person running VOTW could just be choosing friends.

I think there should be a fixed rule, such as their position in the comments. I did it counting backwards from the last comment and choosing two in fixed positions (7th and 10th back from the last comment which was #1) because starting from the first comment would be an obvious giveaway to people who are only trying to make a comment in a certain place to win VOTW.

+0
Barry Scott

492 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/5/2012 5:32:27 PM
Quote:

Hi Barry,

I don't think they should be selected at random, because then the person running VOTW could just be choosing friends.

I think there should be a fixed rule, such as their position in the comments. I did it counting backwards from the last comment and choosing two in fixed positions (7th and 10th back from the last comment which was #1) because starting from the first comment would be an obvious giveaway to people who are only trying to make a comment in a certain place to win VOTW.

Hi Kathleen,

I understand and that sounds fair. If someone offers to run the VOTW we can set that type of criteria as we would want it to be fair for everyone.

Regards,
Barry

VOTE FOR A NEW

PERSON OF THE WEEK

EACH WEEK

CLICK HERE

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!