Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: PEOPLE Of The YEAR Write-In Election POLL:
1/23/2010 10:16:48 PM

The poll is closed.

Winners, I don't think it would make much difference if the 3 who still have my name in their lists made substitutions.

1. Roger Macdivitt

2. Myrna Ferguson

3. Georgios Paraskevopoulos

4. Sara Blow

5. Cheryl Baxter

6. Sam Sunday

7. Thomas Richmond

8. Judy Smith

9. Sarah Pritchard

10. Patricia Bartch

11. Alain Deguire

12. John Partington

+0
1/24/2010 11:55:49 AM

Here is Kathy's Congratulations thread; the election process is brutal ~ voting via poll would have been more conveient to encourage more community members' participation ~ thanks for your time and attention toward this program:

results

Quote:

Quote:
I thought this was to be winners of the POTW for 2009 and I thought there were to be 11 as explained in rules at the beginning.

What week did Kathleen win POTW in 2009 and where is her congratulation thread? I was unable to find it during my search.

Was Kathleen Vanbeekom voted POTW any week of 2009?

I also noticed as in the past the rampant Absenteeism of POTW winners. Kind of makes you wish more active folks were included in the nominations doesn't it? You know good folks like Phil Black to name one. That is active in the community, unlike many of the others.

I guess no election system is perfect and free from manipulation. Rules are Rules till it is time for the POTY and then everyone goes NUTS! Heck no need to be a weekly POTW winner, even....

Jim, I get your point. I have edited my post nominating my good friend, Phil Black. I forgot he was not yet POTW but now he can be nominated since he has his own forum.

I am not sure about Kathleen, someone will just have to let us know why her name is in the list.

This year it will be 'sticking to rules' as far as we can. No sure about the 11 either. Here is what is posted at beginning.

Not

Put numbers 1 thru 12 next to the names to make sure you have 12.

The top 12 vote-getters will be the People Of The Year.

If there's a tie for 12th place, the person who's name is nearer
the top of most lists will get it.

I have not been on here much lately, so I will have to catch up.

Sara

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/26/2010 9:42:45 PM

Everyone is a

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/27/2010 9:21:57 AM
Hi Kathleen!

Belated smiles to everyone, POTWs and members. Belated I am here in this forum. I was away during the last week end visiting my sons at the Greek Turkish border. Last week we had a stormy, very cold and snowy weather. After returning home from this long trip I had a smaller traffic accident outside my home city. My car got some damages and kept me of-line for some days. Everything is OK now.

You have an ongoing discussion here but I will not comment for or against it. It is nice to see this long list with the all POTWs of 2009. I wish everyone the best. You all are very special. Keep up the good work.

Greetings from Greece
Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/30/2010 8:30:38 PM
Hi Georgios. I hope you were not injured in the car accident my friend. Take care, Pat
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!