Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: PEOPLE Of The YEAR Write-In Election POLL:
1/19/2010 3:41:23 AM
Quote:

Jim, I get your point. I have edited my post nominating my good friend, Phil Black. I forgot he was not yet POTW but now he can be nominated since he has his own forum.

I am not sure about Kathleen, someone will just have to let us know why her name is in the list.

This year it will be 'sticking to rules' as far as we can. No sure about the 11 either. Here is what is posted at beginning.

Not

Put numbers 1 thru 12 next to the names to make sure you have 12.

The top 12 vote-getters will be the People Of The Year.

If there's a tie for 12th place, the person who's name is nearer
the top of most lists will get it.

I have not been on here much lately, so I will have to catch up.

Sara

All I can do is refer you to the beginning there Sara,

Quote:
"We WILL accept nominations of people who have been POTW's in the past,of course, our most active members are the core of our community! Ihave changed my mind and WILL ALLOW former Election Forum Leaders toalso be nominated, since later you will find out that next Januarywe'll be celebrating 11 PEOPLE of the Year."
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/1187182/NewPOTWcaptainandteam/1.aspx

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2010 4:02:58 AM

My name is in the list because Bogdan named me as the 204th POTW the week William Vanderbilt didn't reply to me or Thomas when we messaged him several times for a bio, and then we contacted AnaMaria if she wanted the win as the 2nd place winner that week, she didn't, so I posted the previous 32 winners photos that week and Bogdan put my photo in the lower left corner of the site as the 204th POTW. If you want me to remove myself, I'm also removing Bill, and we'll start over. Or cancel the entire thing. Whatever. If the CEO wants me to be one of the POTW's, then I should be in it, if not, then not. I'm not going to have an argument about it.

Bill was having personal problems this year and didn't want to be featured or make replies, we didn't want to use his About Me page for the bio because it might have upset him, I had to make a decision so I decided to post the 32 winners photos up until that point. I guess Bogdan was impressed with my decision and wanted to feature me as the 204th.

I'm re-doing the poll without myself in it. Happy? I'll delete it tomorrow after people read this. Then we'll choose 11 people. I'll leave Bill in the list since he was a winner.

Maybe we should just let Bogdan choose people, and not have a POTY election or arguments this year. That sounds much better.

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2010 6:32:49 AM

I will happily do whatever needs to be done. I'm not a whiner, I enjoy the POTY. Good luck to everyone who will be involved. I do hope this won't be cancelled.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2010 7:27:41 AM
Quote:

My name is in the list because Bogdan named me as the 204th POTW the week William Vanderbilt didn't reply to me or Thomas when we messaged him several times for a bio, and then we contacted AnaMaria if she wanted the win as the 2nd place winner that week, she didn't, so I posted the previous 32 winners photos that week and Bogdan put my photo in the lower left corner of the site as the 204th POTW. If you want me to remove myself, I'm also removing Bill, and we'll start over. Or cancel the entire thing. Whatever. If the CEO wants me to be one of the POTW's, then I should be in it, if not, then not. I'm not going to have an argument about it.

Bill was having personal problems this year and didn't want to be featured or make replies, we didn't want to use his About Me page for the bio because it might have upset him, I had to make a decision so I decided to post the 32 winners photos up until that point. I guess Bogdan was impressed with my decision and wanted to feature me as the 204th.

I'm re-doing the poll without myself in it. Happy? I'll delete it tomorrow after people read this. Then we'll choose 11 people. I'll leave Bill in the list since he was a winner.

Maybe we should just let Bogdan choose people, and not have a POTY election or arguments this year. That sounds much better.

Hi Kathleen and All,

I'm not sure I understand the personal issue here. The system you used for the year was the write in polls. There were winners and they should be the only ones considered excluding the members that are no longer in the community.

The fact that Bogdan put up your picture has nothing to do with winning a poll especially when you consider one of the rules that you initiated was that the Admins aren't eligible for the POTW award. Thomas became eligible after he resigned from the POTW admin.

Starting a new poll isn't necessary and those that nominated you just have to edit and change it to another eligible member.

Shalom,

Peter
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2010 1:42:03 PM
I agree with you Kathleen, maybe the whole thing should be scrapped!

As it is quite obvious the rules don't matter, here. Treating this like a kid's game where you allow the child to win to stop the whining is not the answer, now is it? Your reply sounds like a sibling dispute instead of an adult world reality

Just use the edit feature and save the tizzy induced diatribe.

Thanks,
Jim

Quote:

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!