Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Flash Smith

1053 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: PEOPLE Of The YEAR Write-In Election POLL:
1/17/2010 3:20:49 PM
I guess there is a First time for Everything. I hope I am doing this right. Here are my 12 people!! Sorry I broke the Rules...I replaced the #1 position. I hope I did it right this time...

1. Judy Woodson

2.Thomas Richmond

3.Kathleen VanBeekom

4.Judy Smith

5.Sharon Lee

6.Sara Blow

7.Cheryl Maples,LMT

8.Georgios Paraskevopoulos

9.Stephen Hauser

10.Cheryl Baxter

11.Jayson VanBeekom

12.Jason Lamure
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/17/2010 4:02:48 PM
I thought this was to be winners of the POTW for 2009 and I thought there were to be 11 as explained in rules at the beginning.

What week did Kathleen win POTW in 2009 and where is her congratulation thread? I was unable to find it during my search.

Was Kathleen Vanbeekom voted POTW any week of 2009?

I also noticed as in the past the rampant Absenteeism of POTW winners. Kind of makes you wish more active folks were included in the nominations doesn't it? You know good folks like Phil Black to name one. That is active in the community, unlike many of the others.

I guess no election system is perfect and free from manipulation. Rules are Rules till it is time for the POTY and then everyone goes NUTS! Heck no need to be a weekly POTW winner, even....

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/17/2010 4:19:57 PM

Hi Folks,

There does seem to be a little confusion here. As I've explained in a couple of PM's to those who Nominated me, I'm not eligible to be Nominated this time, since this is for Winners selected during 2009. As it said in the Rules in the 1st Post of the Thread...

Choose 12 names from the list of winners of 2009

I appreciate that you both thought of me and perhaps next year, I'll be eligible if I'm fortunate enough to be a Weekly Winner.

Have A Blessed Sunday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/17/2010 6:24:12 PM
Hi POTW Team, I still don't have my last name on my profile so I cannot nominate my friends or participate but I wish all of you good luck in this election. Cheers! LaNell
+0
1/19/2010 2:26:17 AM

Quote:
I thought this was to be winners of the POTW for 2009 and I thought there were to be 11 as explained in rules at the beginning.

What week did Kathleen win POTW in 2009 and where is her congratulation thread? I was unable to find it during my search.

Was Kathleen Vanbeekom voted POTW any week of 2009?

I also noticed as in the past the rampant Absenteeism of POTW winners. Kind of makes you wish more active folks were included in the nominations doesn't it? You know good folks like Phil Black to name one. That is active in the community, unlike many of the others.

I guess no election system is perfect and free from manipulation. Rules are Rules till it is time for the POTY and then everyone goes NUTS! Heck no need to be a weekly POTW winner, even....

Jim, I get your point. I have edited my post nominating my good friend, Phil Black. I forgot he was not yet POTW but now he can be nominated since he has his own forum.

I am not sure about Kathleen, someone will just have to let us know why her name is in the list.

This year it will be 'sticking to rules' as far as we can. No sure about the 11 either. Here is what is posted at beginning.

Not

Put numbers 1 thru 12 next to the names to make sure you have 12.

The top 12 vote-getters will be the People Of The Year.

If there's a tie for 12th place, the person who's name is nearer
the top of most lists will get it.

I have not been on here much lately, so I will have to catch up.

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!