Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Blessed
12/7/2005 12:55:13 AM
Blessed By Tammy Laws Lawson A friend and I were standing in line at the grocery store the other day, and I was telling her how lazy my children were. I had come in from work that morning, and like most times, my house was wrecked. "I believe children nowadays are just out for what they can get. I bend over backwards for them, and they can't even help keep our house clean. It wouldn't bother me so, but it's the woman who looks bad if the house is a mess." "Do you know how blessed you are?" a woman behind us asked. "I would love to go home and find my house a mess. I wouldn't mind my carpet being ruined or the dishes left everywhere. I wouldn't mind the dirty clothes being piled high or the many socks to match. I wouldn't even mind anyone talking about my dirty home. Matter of fact, I would love it. I would dearly love to kick my way through the house just to get to my kids and be able to hug them, kiss them and tell them how much I love them. You see, my two children were killed in an auto accident and now it's just my husband and me. My house stays clean, my clothes stay put up, the dishes are done. There are no fingerprints on my walls, no mysterious spots on my carpets. There are no sounds of arguing, no slamming doors, no laughter, no 'I love you Mom.' So you see, you are very blessed. What I would give to be going through what you are right now. How I would love to be able to hold my kids, wipe away their tears, share their dreams. Just to watch them play. If I had my children, I wouldn't care how my house looked. I would be happy just to have them." Now if you come into my house and see a big old mess, you can think bad thoughts if you want, but I feel greatly blessed. -------------------------------------------- I don't know about you, but my children are everything to me...they are my life along with my grandchildren! I keep a clean house, but when my children were young and now my with my grandchildren, the house does get messed up with toys all around, and crafts and projects I do with them, etc. That is not a filthy home, it is a home that is lived in. If I ever had someone come to my home and say or think bad thoughts about me and my house they wouldn't be very pleased with my reactions. Children are not only a blessing from God, but they are also a miracle from God as well. Anyone that thinks my little "miracles of life" and my blessings from God aren't worth a litle mess then they don't deserve to be my friend at all! I thank God everyday for my 4 wonderful children, and for all my grandchildren as well. Don't complain about the messes they make...one day all too soon they will be gone, and you will wish they were little again just to have them back home! God forbid they should leave us permanently, such as the woman in the story. So just enjoy them while you can...they grow up so quickly! Marilyn l. Ali
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Blessed
12/7/2005 1:04:49 AM
Hi Marilyn, Thank you! You have no idea how perfect this message is right now!! :) We have four teenagers. God bless, Dave
+0
Shelly Hargis

523 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/7/2005 1:56:10 AM
Hi Marilyn. That was a Wonderful Story. Thank You so Much. We definately Should Always Remember Our Blessings. I Too Have 2 Grown Children and a Grandson and I am so Thankful for Them. They are a Part of Me, Linked Forever and God Forbid if something ever Happened to them. I am so Grateful that they are with me, Messes and All. :) Happy Holidays to You and Your Family and God Bless You. Your Friend, Shelly Hargis
+0
David Ellison

130 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/7/2005 9:52:48 AM
Hi Marilyn :-) thanks for the invite and that lovely story :-)
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/7/2005 12:06:58 PM
Hi Marilyn, I have five grown children and grandchildren, my family is the most important thing to me. I can't even imagine what it would be like without even one of them. Sometimes in our day to day living we forget to take a look at things that are important, thank you for reminding us. Your Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!