Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time To Congratulate BARB DELGIUDICE, the 193rd POTW!
6/22/2009 5:12:48 PM
Myrna thank you for the beautiful parrots and your story about the sick horse.  I know what you mean.  If we can't help the animals, it is very difficult for us and we feel bad and cry. 

I was at the Burien Park and Ride on Saturday to go check out the Strawberry Festival.  I parked my car there.  It was early in the morning around 9:45 am, and I saw a group of pigeons there.  I always feel so sad when I see the pigeons because most people don't like them.  I think pigeons are beautiful.  Anyway, I saw one overweight pigeon without any toes.  He still had part of his foot left so he could walk around.  I felt so bad for him.  He hopped into the road and a car was coming and I told him to look out!  Luckily he was able to fly away in time.  But that car was not even going to slow down for the pigeon.  I always slow down or stop for the wild birds such as pigeons, crows, robins and other wild birds.

I have a really good story about pigeons or rock doves here.
    It tells all kinds of wonderful things about pigeons.

Love and big hugs.

Barb :)

+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/22/2009 5:16:12 PM
Thank you very much Mattias!

Love and big hugs.

+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/22/2009 5:53:23 PM
Luka thank you so much for taking time out to stop by!

Love and big hugs.

+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/22/2009 6:05:25 PM
Hi Sam.  Thank you for stopping by :)

My weekend was cool.  It was even cold out here in the Pacific Northwest.  I am located just outside of Seattle in a smaller city called Burien. 

I went to the Strawberry Festival on Saturday morning to view the ballet girls from the ballet school I dance at.  I go to most of their performances to give them support.  I enjoy being around the younger children and love to watch and do dancing.  It keeps me in good shape. 

Then I went to visit Mom on Sunday to cook and clean a little.  It was raining, thundering and lightning there!  And of course everyday I spend with my birds.  I clean their cages every day and get them fresh food and water at all times.  My birds love to sit on my lap when I am at the computer :)

Love and big hugs.

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/22/2009 7:54:29 PM

Dear Barb,

I cannot agree more with you and Branka and Myrna on your love for innocent animals. They are the same as children in almost all respects. Not always have I felt like this, but since I became a vegetarian about thirty years ago, my love for them grew and my compassion for them too. I can perfectly understand your crusade against the cruelty with chickens. They are so cruelly raised and killed in my country too. 

I have also fed the pigeons in my neighborhood for the last fifteen years or so from my bedroom window. They belong to a house across the street where they have apparently never been fed at all or, at least, never have by the last and current neighbors there. I do it every Wednesday and Sunday at 6 am. Unfortunately I cannot do it every day. Those poor birds have to feed on their own all other days.

There are many stray dogs in my city too. Most of them have been abandoned by their owners after they got tired of them, I suppose. I cannot understand how those people could be so cruel with those poor things. They are like children to me. Two of my three doggies I rescued from the streets, one of them, my lovely Duna, near my house here. The two of them love us so dearly now. You can feel their love.  

Here is a photo of my Moses, whom I found lost and lonely one afternoon at the seafront of Miraflores, the district of Lima where I live. Now you would not recognize him from how he was like at that time. He would be six or seven months old then and almost had no hair. His skin was almost black from a plague, and hundreds and perhaps thousands of flees tortured him. His first night in the house with us was inenarrable. Now he is perhaps the most handsome and proud among the doggies that walk along the seafront every morning with their "dads."

"Moses"

All my life I have also had a canary or canaries in my home. There was a time when I even raised a lot of them; it was summer time, about ten years ago. They give so much joy to the house with their singing. But this is another story, and I am afraid you would get tired if I keep talking about it now.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!