Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time To Congratulate BARB DELGIUDICE, the 193rd POTW!
6/21/2009 5:36:57 PM
Hi Barb,

Oh, I do agree with you.  Animals know what you are doing.  I went away yesterday and I know the cat sensed it, I could see that look on his face.  Like " You are leaving me again"  I just love animals so much.  I must tell you a story.  Yesterday we were in Lancaster, Pa, which is Almish country.  They  use horses to pull their buggies.  We saw one horse which was having problems, his eyes were telling me he was in some kind of pain or trouble.  They were trying to help him out, put we were passed to quickly to see the whole thing.  I had tears in my eyes, I just felt so much angush for that animal.

I don't like to see anyone hurt, but when it comes to kids and animals, I am a mess, just let me help them.  But I can't always so that.

Hugs,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
6/22/2009 1:59:03 PM
Congrats Barb!

You are a true friend and I am glad to see you here in the spotlight.I am glad that you delight much of it around you:)

The Queen!
Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/22/2009 2:57:07 PM

Dearest Barb,

Even though I am not much around, I couldn`t miss this party !

Great to honor you as our newest and very special Queen.

Thanks for all what you do here and for voicing out the need to protect the birds.

Many blessings and hugs to you !

Love,

Luka

+0
Sam
Sam Sunday

2502 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/22/2009 3:19:43 PM

Hi dear Barb,

How was your weekend?
I sure hope you had it real cooooooool!!!

Just stopping by to see how you're faring and to wish you a great week ahead.

Cheers!!!

+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/22/2009 4:45:00 PM
Hello Branka thank you so much for your kind words.  You are right.  If we end cruel slaughter for animals, we will be liberating people. :)

Branka I have a wonderful love story for you and my other friends to read about a rooster, Louie and a chicken, Libby who live at Peaceful Prairie Sanctuary.

"  It took extraordinary events – a shattering blow, like the loss of her right foot to the wire floor of the "cage-free" egg farm where she was rescued from, or a rapturous release, like her arrival at the sanctuary, or a seismic shift like Louie's absence – to shake, charm, or punish a sound out of Libby. It's not that her voice was frozen in fear, like so many of her fellow refugees. It's not that she was shy, feeble, injured, or ill. She was quiet. And, unlike so many of her kin, she did not enjoy, or need to, commit her inner experiences to the stream of constant humming that often fills chicken communities with the music of their thoughts. Libby's thoughts were silent. Silence was her nature, her disposition, her remedy, her talent, her power, her gift, and her pleasure. She looked at the world in soundless wonder – her thoughts, streaming and darting, swelling and swarming in the dark pools of her eyes – and filled it with the hush of her mind."

Read the entire story here

Joanna Lucas
© 2009 Joanna Lucas

Love and big hugs Branka.

Barb
:)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!