Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Your Friday Chuckle - Every Day Of The Week
2/11/2012 7:42:39 AM
Hi All,

Here's a double whammy of PJTV's Scott Ott with Breaking News. As usual Scott covers serious news MSM seems to ignore or has no idea ever happened.

Shalom,

Peter

Hear the latest on the Obama contraception controversy. Is a compromise possible with Catholic leaders? Find out. Plus, it has been 1,000 days since the nation has had a budget, but the federal government did hammer out a deal on the home mortgage crisis. Hear the details about these stories, and the alarming amount of ice in the Himalayas, on this PJ News Break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXspACMFMz4&feature=uploademail

Rick Santorum defeated Mitt Romney in Colorado, Missouri and Minnesota primary and caucuses. Hear the details. Also, Obama embraced Super PACs even though he once considered them a threat to democracy. Hear more about these stories, plus gay marriage in California and civil rights for Orcas on this PJ News Break

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WcFR6MzcNE&feature=uploademail

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/11/2012 11:58:24 AM
Hello Friends,

Many of you most probably know I follow the Dry Bones blog and have been doing so for many years even before Yaakov Kirschen he started his blog.

He had a political cartoon column for many years and is now celebrating his 40th year as a political cartoon satirist. His brilliance and take on the political and other issues of the day are insightful and many times brilliant. You might be surprised how he came to choose the name Dry Bones for his political cartoon column and blog.

Below is a short video interview with Yaakov Kirschen along with an article about him.

Shalom,

Peter

Dry Bones: 40 Years of Zionist Cartooning

Long-running political cartoon Dry Bones to receive award from the Israeli Museum of Caricature and Comics.
By Elad Benari and Yoni Kempinski
First Publish: 2/6/2012, 5:59 AM

The political cartoon Dry Bones and its creator, Yaakov Kirschen, will receive the Israeli Museum of Caricature and Comics’ “Golden Pencil” award next week. The prize is awarded annually as a lifetime achievement award and a prize designed to encourage creative young artists and students.

Dry Bones has appeared for almost 40 years in newspapers around the world, in The Jerusalem Post and on a successful internet blog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6lgLUoEN9_s

Kirschen, who made aliyah to Israel from New York in 1971, told Arutz Sheva that what makes Dry Bones unique compared to other political cartoons is that it is a political comic strip.

“When I started in January of 1973, comic strips were a strip of cartoons and editorial and political cartoonists did one-panel metaphors,” he said.

Dry Bones’ main character’s name is Shuldig, which is Yiddish for “guilt”. Kirschen said the reason he chose this name is that “when I came to Israel I recognized that with all the problems, there’s no one who would accept the blame, so I decided I would create a character who would accept the blame and say, ‘I’m guilty.’”

The name of the cartoon, Dry Bones, is based on the prophet Ezekiel’s vision of dry bones coming to life. The vision’s meaning is multi-layered in Jewish tradition, with rabbinic commentaries discussing wide ranging terms. Kirschen said that as non-religious Jew he recognizes that Ezekiel’s vision is difficult to understand from a secular point of view, “so what I’m doing in Dry Bones is simply filling in the pieces that Ezekiel didn’t have time to tell us.”

He said that unlike other cartoonists, he tries to attract Israel’s enemies “so that when they laugh at a joke they will, for that moment, see it from my point of view.”

“My goal in Dry Bones is to make people laugh,” said Kirschen. “When the news is so horrendous that I can’t get a laugh out of it, then I figured I’ve failed.”

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Mr.
Mr. D

840 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/11/2012 1:33:57 PM
Thank you Peter,
I put up the first image header so you can look at it.
Just a friendly reminder that it is there.

Quote:
Hi Mark,

Thanks again. Posted in you thread as requested. Best of luck with your reconstructed forum/thread.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:

Good Day Peter,

I have worked out a couple of new, and kind of cool looking designs for you.

I have a small request if you don't mind.

Because I have reconstructed my forum for Website and Logo Designs,

I was wondering if you could go to the forum and under request thread,

request an image for thread and the name of it. Please add your link to the

thread if you would. That way I can showcase my work and build back up,

what I completely destroyed.

I have two ready and will also bring them in here to if that is OK.

This is the new address. You will see the request thread.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/forum/547543/Websites-and-Logo-Designs.aspx?

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2012 10:02:06 AM
Thanks Mark. The first one is great but am waiting to see how the second version you're editing turns out.

Thanks again and Shalom,

Peter

Quote:
Thank you Peter,
I put up the first image header so you can look at it.
Just a friendly reminder that it is there.

Quote:
Hi Mark,

Thanks again. Posted in you thread as requested. Best of luck with your reconstructed forum/thread.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:

Good Day Peter,

I have worked out a couple of new, and kind of cool looking designs for you.

I have a small request if you don't mind.

Because I have reconstructed my forum for Website and Logo Designs,

I was wondering if you could go to the forum and under request thread,

request an image for thread and the name of it. Please add your link to the

thread if you would. That way I can showcase my work and build back up,

what I completely destroyed.

I have two ready and will also bring them in here to if that is OK.

This is the new address. You will see the request thread.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/forum/547543/Websites-and-Logo-Designs.aspx?

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2012 10:03:13 AM
Hi All,

I got this graphic and burst into laughter. I happen to love kids and they return the love but I can understand the author's reasoning.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!