Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: Your Friday Chuckle - Every Day Of The Week
5/22/2011 2:52:23 AM

Ah beautiful soothing video Peter, but I can tell you right off the bat this one I just got from my long time email buddy Pat is entirely different. LOL I have been online for over 9 years now and to say I have a very diverse group of email friends is definitely an understatement. :) Have a look see at this one I just got. :)

+0
5/22/2011 3:11:40 AM

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

Observations On Growing Older

~Your Kids are becoming you...and you don't like them...but your grandchildren are Perfect!

~Going Out is good.. Coming Home is better!

~When People say "You Look Great"... They Add "For Your Age!"

~When You needed the discount, you paid full Price. Now You get discounts on Everything..Movies, Hotels, flights, but you're too tired to use them.

~You Forget names .... But it's OK because other people forgot they Even knew you!!!

~The 5 pounds you wanted to lose is now 15 and you have a better chance of losing your keys than the 15 pounds.

~You realize you're never going to be really good at anything .... Especially Golf.

~Your spouse is counting on you to remember things you don't remember.

~The things you used to care to do, you no longer care to do, but you really do care that you don't care to do them anymore.

~Your husband sleeps better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring than he does in bed. It's Called his "pre-sleep".

~Remember when your mother said, "Wear clean underwear in case you 'GET' in an Accident"? Now you bring clean underwear in case you 'HAVE' an Accident!

~You used to say, "I hope my kids 'GET' married... Now, "I hope they 'STAY' married!"

~You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" Switch..
~When GOOGLE, ipod, email, modem .... Were unheard of, and a mouse was something that Made you climb on a table.

~You tend to use more 4 letter words ... "what?"..."when?"... ???

~Now that you can afford expensive jewelry, it's not safe to wear it anywhere.

~Your husband has a night out with the guys, but he's home by 9:00 P.M. Next week it will be 8:30 P..M.

~You read 100 pages into a book before you realize you've already read it.

~You notice everything they sell in stores is "sleeveless"?!!!

~What used to be freckles are now liver spots.

~Everybody Whispers.

~Now that your husband has retired ... You'd give anything if he'd find a job!

~You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet ... 2 of which you will never wear.

~~~But Old is good in some things: Old songs, Old movies, and best of all, OLD FRIENDS!!

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2011 3:49:50 AM

I like Scotty and Lauren, I really think Lauren was pegged as the winner during the try-outs when Steven Tyler said so, it may have been in the cards for her, because in the days of Simon Cowell, whenever he called a "winner" near the beginning, that person usually won, such as Carrie Underwood.

I was very disappointed when James Durbin was booted out a couple weeks ago :( I think his overconfidence in his last performance doomed him, he should have stayed humble.

========

Now for old & young people...my youngest, my 19 year old "Baby Dennis" has become an old man:

* He says he can't eat macaroni & cheese if there's no meat in it (has not become his father yet, the man who's brain would explode at the store if I put 6 boxes of mac&cheese in the shopping cart, especially if I was gleeful if it was on sale for 50 cents! :)

* My dear young son also says he can't stand seeing dishes piled up in the sink, unwashed, well...he gets the same answer I'd give my mother-in-law when she commented on cobwebs..."There are a hundred other things to look at!" (That's my favorite answer!) But my dear son washed all the dishes, amazing!

* He gets very annoyed when I tell "the house" to urinate IN the toilet, NOT all around it...even though he's not the only male here, he takes it personally. LOL! WHEN do men start urinating IN the toilet and NOT everywhere? Isn't 19 the magic age yet? :(

* He has come up with an every-hour workout for us (I haven't done it yet, but my other son, Jayson, is doing it...) exercise a tiny bit every hour and it adds up to a LOT! I may someday do 10 pushups every hour and probably not be able to get up the day after a combined total of 150 pushups, I'll just imagine I did that instead.

+0
5/22/2011 4:19:13 PM

Hi Kathleen, I think your son has an excellent idea about exercising a tiny bit every hour. Makes sense to me too. :)

Either Scotty or Lauren could very well have been pegged as the winner during the tryouts. I watched AI from the very beginning and in my opinion both of these kids are outstanding with high morals and I thought it was very touching to see each of them become so emotional during their hometown visits last week.

I'm not sure if you saw both auditions or not but Jennifer Lopez said practically the same thing about Scotty. Just in case here are their audition videos. It is amazing how much they each have grown in such a short period of time. In my opinion they are both destined for stardom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOYgAG5oRcg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV1do6TuMBw

Quote:

I like Scotty and Lauren, I really think Lauren was pegged as the winner during the try-outs when Steven Tyler said so, it may have been in the cards for her, because in the days of Simon Cowell, whenever he called a "winner" near the beginning, that person usually won, such as Carrie Underwood.

I was very disappointed when James Durbin was booted out a couple weeks ago :( I think his overconfidence in his last performance doomed him, he should have stayed humble.

========

Now for old & young people...my youngest, my 19 year old "Baby Dennis" has become an old man:

* He says he can't eat macaroni & cheese if there's no meat in it (has not become his father yet, the man who's brain would explode at the store if I put 6 boxes of mac&cheese in the shopping cart, especially if I was gleeful if it was on sale for 50 cents! :)

* My dear young son also says he can't stand seeing dishes piled up in the sink, unwashed, well...he gets the same answer I'd give my mother-in-law when she commented on cobwebs..."There are a hundred other things to look at!" (That's my favorite answer!) But my dear son washed all the dishes, amazing!

* He gets very annoyed when I tell "the house" to urinate IN the toilet, NOT all around it...even though he's not the only male here, he takes it personally. LOL! WHEN do men start urinating IN the toilet and NOT everywhere? Isn't 19 the magic age yet? :(

* He has come up with an every-hour workout for us (I haven't done it yet, but my other son, Jayson, is doing it...) exercise a tiny bit every hour and it adds up to a LOT! I may someday do 10 pushups every hour and probably not be able to get up the day after a combined total of 150 pushups, I'll just imagine I did that instead.

+0
5/23/2011 6:23:45 PM

Ways to describe an annoying person:

1. All foam, no beer.
2. As smart as bait.
3. Body by Fisher-Price, Brains by Mattel.
4. Bright as Alaska in December.
5. Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel.
6. Donated his body to science before he was done using it.
7. Fell out of the family tree.
8. Got a full 6-pack, but lacks the plastic thingy to hold it all together.
9. Got into the gene pool while the lifeguard wasn't watching.
10. He fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.
11. His antenna doesn't pick up all the channels.
12. If brains were taxed, he'd get a rebate.
13. If you give him a penny for his thoughts, you'd get change.
14. If you stand close enough to him, you can hear the ocean.
15. It's hard to believe that he beat out 1,000,000 other sperm.
16. One-celled organisms out score him in IQ tests.
17. Proof that evolution CAN go in reverse.
18. Some drink from the fountain of knowledge; he only gargled.
Takes him 2 hours to watch 60 Minutes.

:)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!