Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Your Friday Chuckle - Every Day Of The Week
4/27/2011 9:43:57 AM
A royal wedding ...
(somethings are no longer as they used to be by Jove!)

+0
4/28/2011 3:15:41 PM

Happy Thursday friends, I certainly have reason to be thankful today as our particular area was spared much of the damage from the horrific weather yesterday and last night and my prayers go out to those who were adversely affected.

Since American Idol is now down to just 6 contestants the producers have been having some of the contestants paired off to sing duets and my two favorites have now done three and all of them are very good. In my opinion 16 and 17 year old Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreey are going to go far in the music world. I love to hear them sing, either alone or together. Here is their duet from last night, Carole King’s “Up on the Roof".

+0
4/29/2011 10:27:01 PM

Thanks to a friend I just got this in an email. Hope you enjoy as much as I did. :)

Want a hefty dose of nostalgia? Then watch this video of the 1960s. This is one of the best presentations of the sixties you will ever seen online. It is very well done. Just click on the link and sit back and enjoy the memories. Great photos and facts. If you're not quite old enough to have been there, feel free to pass it on to someone who is.

Click here

+0
4/30/2011 6:17:37 AM
Hello everyone, I think some of you may have seen this one before but I think it's really cute....

The Dying Irish Nun

The wise old Mother Superior from county Tipperary was dying. The nuns gathered around her bed trying to make her comfortable. They gave her some warm milk to drink, but she refused it. Then one nun took the glass back to the kitchen. Remembering a bottle of Irish whiskey they had received as a gift the previous Christmas, she opened and poured a generous amount into the warm milk.

When she walked back at Mother Superior's bed, she held the glass to her lips. Mother drank a little, then a little more. Before they knew it, she had drunk the whole glass down to the last drop. "Mother," the nuns asked with earnest, "please give us some wisdom before you die."

She raised herself up in bed with a pious look on her face and said, "Don't sell that cow."
God Bless Everyone
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2011 10:52:10 AM
Hi Robert, Evelyn, Gabi & All,
Gabi it's so good to see you back with us. I hope you've solved all your computer issues. Thanks for the chuckles and I don't think it's a repeat.
Robert the video was hilarious not having watched the wedding on TV I can't even comment which was funnier the video or real life. Maybe someone reliable can answer that question.
Evelyn, your favorites really sound great together and for the first time the Lauren didn't totally overpower Scotty. I think this was their best one yet. The link sure did bring back fond memories thanks for that.
Here's the second episode of NewsBusters for the week. Hilariously funny as usual.
Shalom,
Peter

Topics in today's show:

-- Gold hits $1,500/oz

-- Obama's campaigning

-- Fidel steps down as Cuba Communist Party chief

-- The God Particle

-- Aroldis Chapman throws 106 mph fastball

-- Obama praises illegal immigrants

-- TV-watching kids have narrower blood vessels in their eyes

-- Hospital lets baby be breastfed by a stranger

Starring: Jodi Miller