Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Your Friday Chuckle - Every Day Of The Week
4/7/2011 11:41:41 PM
I know this one belongs here but it is so funny it will have to go in the Friday Chuckle Thread of my good Israeli FRIEND Peter Fogel.

As promised laugh again.

This brand spanking new Airbus 340-600, the largest passenger airplane ever built, sits just outside its hangar in Toulouse , France without a single hour of airtime.

image0001.jpg
Enter the Arab flight crew of Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies (ADAT) to conduct pre-delivery tests on the ground, such as engine run-ups, prior to delivery to Etihad Airways in Abu Dhabi ...

image0002.jpg
The ADAT crew taxied the A340-600 to the run-up area.

Then they took all four engines to takeoff power with a virtually empty aircraft. Not having read the run-up manuals, they had no clue just how light an empty A340-600 really is.

image0003.jpg

The takeoff warning horn was blaring away in the cockpit because they had all 4 engines at full power. The aircraft computers thought they were trying to take off, but it had not been configured properly (flaps/slats, etc.)

image0004.jpg
Then one of the ADAT crew decided to pull the circuit breaker on the Ground Proximity Sensor to silence the alarm. This fools the aircraft into thinking it is in the air. The computers automatically released all the brakes and set the aircraft rocketing forward.

image0005.jpg
The ADAT crew had no idea that this is a safety feature so that pilots can't land with the brakes on.

Not one member of the seven-man Arab crew was smart enough to throttle back the engines from their max power setting, so the $200 million brand-new aircraft crashed into a blast barrier, totaling it.

image0006.jpg
image0007.jpg

The extent of injuries to the crew is unknown due to the news blackout in the major media in France and elsewhere. Because........

image0008.jpg
Coverage of the story was deemed insulting to Muslim Arabs.

image0009.jpg
Finally, the photos are starting to leak out.

image0010.jpg

One French Airbus: $200 million dollars
Untrained Arab Flight Crew: $300,000 Yearly Salary
Unread Operating Manual: $300
Aircraft meets retaining wall and the wall wins.

PRICELESS!!!

"And that's why God gave them camels"!

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/8/2011 2:11:45 AM
Cosmos Gal -
Yep she is for real but I am sure there has been an augmentation of some kind.

Cosmos Gal She is on You Tube

She's on the Today Show

And she made http://www.youtube.com/user/*****slappedtv
That's B I T C H Slappedtv just remove the spacing ;-)

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/8/2011 6:59:54 AM
Hi Allen,
And yes, that A-340 "incident" happened in February 2010 even if some affirm it to being a Photoshop makeup. Amazing huh!
+0
4/8/2011 8:31:39 PM

Happy Friday my fellow laugh seekers. I just got this one in my inbox and I have been laughing ever since I read it. Everyone have a fabulous weekend. :)

Kids and Chapstick

We had this great 10 year old cat named Jack who just recently died. Jack was a great cat and the kids would carry him around and sit on him and nothing ever bothered him. He used to hang out and nap all day long on the mat in our bathroom. We have 3 kids and at the time of this story they were 4 years old, 3 years old and 1 year old.

The middle one is Eli. Eli really loved chap stick. LOVED it. He kept asking to use my chap stick and then losing it.

Finally one day I showed him where in the bathroom that I kept my chapstick and explained he could use it whenever he wanted to but he needed to put it right back in the drawer after he finished because I used it sometimes several times a day.

That year, on Mother's Day, we were having the typical rush around to try to get ready for church with everyone crying and carrying on. My two boys are fighting over the toy in the cereal box.

I am trying to nurse my little one at the same time I am putting on my make-up. Everything is a mess and everyone has long forgotten that this is a wonderful day to honor me and the amazing job that is motherhood.

We finally have the older one and the baby loaded in the car, and I am looking for Eli. I have searched everywhere and I finally go into the bathroom. There was Eli. He was applying my chap stick very carefully to Jack's rear end. Eli looked right into my eyes and said "chapped..." Now if you have a cat, you know that he is right - their little bottoms do look pretty chapped. And, frankly, Jack didn't seem to mind. And the only question to ask at that point was whether it was the FIRST time Eli had done that to the cats behind or the hundredth!?!

And THAT is my favorite Mother's Day moment ever, because it reminds us that no matter how hard we try to civilize these glorious little creatures,
there will always be that day when you realize... they've been using your chap stick on the cat's butt.

:)

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2011 6:48:48 PM
Hi Evelyn, Jim, Robert & All,
I just read through your posts and they're all hilarious. Evelyn, I just wondered what would have happened had she discovered the kid was using her lipgloss? :)
Here's the latest edition of News Busters. Jodi is getting funnier every week. Enjoy.
Shalom,
Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!