Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Your Friday Chuckle - Every Day Of The Week
3/4/2011 10:23:52 PM

WHY ATHLETES CAN'T HAVE REGULAR JOBS:

1. Chicago Cubs outfielder Andre Dawson on being a role model: "I wan' all dem kids to do what I do, to look up to me. I wan' all the kids to copulate me."

2. New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked about the upcoming season: "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first.."

3. And, upon hearing Joe Jacobi of the 'Skin's say: "I'd run over my own mother to win the Super Bowl," Matt Millen of the Raiders said: "To win, I'd run over Joe's Mom, too."

4. Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, John Jenkins: "He treat us like mens. He let us wear earrings.."

5. Football commentator and former player Joe Theismann: "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

6. Senior basketball player at the University of Pittsburgh : "I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes.." (Now that is beautiful)

7. Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach: "You guys line up alphabetically by height." And, "You guys pair up in groups of three, and then line up in a circle."

8. Boxing promoter Dan Duva on Mike Tyson going to prison: "Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter? He went to prison for three years, not Princeton .."

9. Stu Grimson, Chicago Blackhawks left wing, explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself above his locker: "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my clothes."

10. Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan training regimen of heavyweight Andrew Golota: "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning, regardless of what time it is."

11. Chuck Nevitt , North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice: "My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt. (I wonder if his IQ ever hit room temperature in January)

12. Frank Layden , Utah Jazz president, on a former player: "I asked him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'"

13. Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M, recounting what he told a player who received four F's and one D: "Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject."

14. In the words of NC State great Charles Shackelford:"I can go to my left or right, I am amphibious."

15. Former Houston Oilers coach Bum Phillips when asked by Bob Costas why he takes his wife on all the road trips, Phillips responded: "Because she's too ugly to kiss good-bye." my personal favorite

This is great and absolutely (well almost) true! I can add one though!

Yogi Berra was asked by a rookie if there was a good restaurant anywhere close and he said, "Yes! But no one goes there any more 'cause it's too crowded!

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
3/5/2011 3:12:31 PM

Happy Saturday, everyone. This one may not be real funny but it is so true to life. :)

To All My Friends Who Have Ever Had A Home With Little People Running around...
An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of. He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out...

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar: ‘He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3.
He’s trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?'

:)

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2011 3:20:04 PM
Hi All,
Robert, many are guilty of peeing in the swimming pool even though nowadays the guilty are "discovered" by dyes in the water. I was wondering how many went back into the pool after he peed? That's the real joke.
No one ever thought athletes are the sharpest pencils in town Jim (some are btw) but these dodo's take the cake.
When I first saw that para...... I thought of something else at first but thanks for the lesson Evelyn, that's a new word for me.
Here's the latest News Busted for your enjoyment.
Shalom,
Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2011 3:47:44 PM
Hi All,

Evelyn, 6 kids on one poor dog? You can sorta understand the dog and the momma needing that nap. :)

This one's a shocker in a way but also shows how little people are aware of what's going on around them .......... or care for that matter.

Shalom,

Peter

Feeling Unappreciated??

The next time you feel that nobody loves you,
no one cares, or that no one ever notices you,
think of this guy:

Things Got Ya Down? Well Then, Consider These . . ..

In a hospital's Intensive Care Unit, patients always died in the same bed,
on Sunday morning, at about 11:00 am, regardless of their medical
condition. This puzzled the doctors and some even thought it had
something to do with the super natural.
No one could solve the mystery as to why the deaths occurred around
11:00 AM Sunday, so a worldwide team of experts was assembled to investigate the cause of the incidents. The next Sunday morning, a few minutes before 11:00 AM all of the doctors and nurses nervously waited outside the ward to see for themselves what the terrible phenomenon
was all about. Some were holding wooden crosses, prayer books,
and other holy objects to ward off the evil spirits. Just when the clock
struck 11:00, Pookie Johnson , the part-time Sunday sweeper, entered
the ward and unplugged the life support system so he could use the vacuum cleaner.

Still Having a Bad Day?

The average cost of rehabilitating a seal after the Exxon Valdez Oil
spill in Alaska was $80,000.00. At a special ceremony, two of the
most expensively saved animals were being released back into the
wild amid cheers and applause from onlookers. A minute later, in full
view, a killer whale ate them both.

Still think you are having a Bad Day?

A woman came home to find her husband in the kitchen shaking
frantically, almost in a dancing frenzy, with some kind of wire running
from his waist towards the electric kettle. Intending to jolt him away
from the deadly current, she whacked him with a handy plank of
wood, breaking his arm in two places. Up to that moment, he had
been happily listening to his Walkman.

Are Ya OK Now? - No?

Two animal rights defenders were protesting the cruelty
of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn , Germany.
Suddenly, all two thousand pigs broke loose and escaped through
a broken fence, stampeding madly. The two helpless protesters
were trampled to death.

What? STILL having a Bad Day?

Iraqi terrorist Khay Rahnajet didn't pay enough postage on a
letter bomb.
It came back with 'Return to Sender' stamped on it. Forgetting
it was the bomb, he opened it and was blown to bits.

There now, Feeling Better?
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
3/5/2011 4:11:08 PM
Quote:
Hi All,
Robert, many are guilty of peeing in the swimming pool even though nowadays the guilty are "discovered" by dyes in the water. I was wondering how many went back into the pool after he peed? That's the real joke.
No one ever thought athletes are the sharpest pencils in town Jim (some are btw) but these dodo's take the cake.
When I first saw that para...... I thought of something else at first but thanks for the lesson Evelyn, that's a new word for me.
Here's the latest News Busted for your enjoyment.
Shalom,
Peter

Hi Peter, I liked this one - "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience". How true!!!
Another one that should be on that list is "ignorance is bliss"
I absolutely love those News Busted videos and so now, what in the world are all those people, who think they can sing, going to do without the Guitar Hero video game? Reminded me of those wannabes that were auditioning this year for American Idol. They are either hard of hearing or tone deaf or both. Pathetic
:)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!