Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: The President That Hates His Country By Joan Swirsky
10/26/2013 1:09:13 PM
Yes, I read that, that she wasn't enrolled but then how many times has this administration "staged" situations?

Quote:
Hey Evelyn,

B Hussein's solution for all is "blame Bush". Wonder if his mindless supporters would buy it if he did say it.

Next step is to call anyone complaining about the website and the program a RACIST.

Did you know that the woman who "supposedly" fainted during his rah rah speech about how "good" obamacare is didn't enroll to obamacare?

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:
Happy Friday Helen and Peter and friends. I debated on whether to post this one in the joke thread but eventually decided to post it here. :)

Hitler finds out about Obamacare Exchange Problems – HILARIOUS!

Published on Oct 17, 2013

Hitler learns that two weeks after going live, the Obamacare Exchange website is still a soup sandwich.

+1
10/26/2013 1:10:57 PM
I know for a fact that a lot of doctors are not taking new Medicare patients. That started because of the decreasing amount Medicare was paying and will continue to decrease because of the billions of dollars Obama is cutting from Medicare. Don't believe me....look it up and it's only going to get worse.
Another thing I would like to mention, if you belong to the AARP you might want to cancel your membership with them as they too do not represent us anymore but have actually "sold us down the river". Again if you don't believe me, do some research and you'll see I'm right.

Elderly patients sick over losing doctors under ObamaCare

By Carl Campanile

ObamaCare is making seniors sick.

Elderly New Yorkers are in a panic after getting notices that insurance companies are booting their doctors from the Medicare Advantage program as a result of the shifting medical landscape under ObamaCare.

That leaves patients with unenviable choices: keep the same insurance plan and find another doctor, pay out of pocket or look for another plan where their physician is a member.

New York State Medical Society President Sam Unterricht is demanding a congressional probe after learning that one health carrier alone, UnitedHealthcare, is terminating contracts with up to 2,100 doctors serving 8,000 Medicare Advantage patients in the New York metro region.

The are 2.6 million elderly New Yorkers who receive Medicare, the public heath-insurance program for the elderly.

But one in three patients — nearly 900,000 — are enrolled in Advantage, Medicare HMOs run by private insurers.

Dr. Jonathan Leibowitz, who serves 30 patients under Medicare Advantage at his Brooklyn practice, said he was blindsided by UnitedHealthcare’s decision to give him the boot.

“A patient can’t see his doctor? What are they doing!” he asked.

UnitedHealthcare told Leibowitz that because of “significant changes and pressures in the health-care environment,” he’d be getting the ax on Jan. 1.

Leibowitz’s patients are furious. Alfred Gargiulio, who has cerebral palsy with a seizure disorder, has been seeing Leibowitz since 1993. “Obama had said I could keep my doctor. Now they’re doing away with my doctor. They kicked him out! After 20 years, that’s not right. We love Dr. Leibowitz,” said Gargiulio.

Another patient, Wilma Streicher, 76, was equally baffled. “Of course I want to keep Dr. Leibowitz. I don’t see why they want to push him out,” she said.

Patients of other doctors faced the same dire situation. Lung-cancer patient Jeannette Campregon, 79, received a letter from EmblemHealth saying that her internist, George Ruggiero, was terminated from her VIP High Option Medicare Advantage network.

Emblem notified her she could stay in her current plan and choose another doctor, pick a different plan to keep her doctor or call a customer-service rep for help.

“I’m going absolutely nuts,” said Campregon, who got conflicting information from three different service reps. “I don’t want to change my doctor!”

Dr. Ruggiero said, “The people who lose out are the patients.”

Federal funding to Medicare Advantage is being pared back by billions of dollars in coming years under the national Affordable Care Act. Obama said spending on the program was higher than regular Medicare and unsustainable.

UnitedHealthcare, in a statement, defended the doctor-roster cuts.

“The changes we are making will encourage higher-quality health-care coverage and help keep that coverage affordable for [patients],” said UHC spokeswoman Maria Gordon-Shydlo.

A spokesman for Emblem said the less than 1 percent of its physicians were being cut from Medicare Advantage.

An Empire Blue Cross-Blue Shield rep also said it booted “only 1 percent of doctors.”

“Those physicians were in certain specialties, including cardiology, ophthalmology and podiatry. This was done to ensure a more balanced network that would better contain cost for members,” said Empire spokeswoman Sally Kweskin.

An official with the state chapter of AARP said it’s monitoring the “horrible situation.”

AARP Associate Director Shaun Flynn said Medicare Advantage is a popular program but cautioned it’s privately run, and insurers — not patients — decide which doctors participate.

‘It’s a case of buyer beware,” he said.
+1
Helen Elias

1370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/26/2013 3:33:41 PM

Hello Evelyn

Pray you don't get sick and then to keep from getting sick, eat the best raw food in the world which Helen will soon be selling ...again. Watch for that exciting news soon!

Helen

Quote:
How true Peter. As you know, I got a letter from my insurance company saying I had been "disenrolled". I was able to get another policy that was $12 less a month, BUT......my out of pocket costs more than doubled so that $12 savings is just a smoke screen, I was better off paying the higher premium. I guess I just have to pray I don't get sick. :)

Quote:

Hello Friends,

People are starting to realize that they're in the s*hits with obamacare. Their rates are higher, less deductibles, higher medicine costs etc. and we're not even covering those that lost their existing policies (like you Evelyn). The situation will get dramatically worse as more and more Americans become aware how dire their situation is.

Those that were stupid and gullible enough to believe that it will be free already got their rude awakening and it's all down hill from there.

The below article goes into detail about those who already lost their policies in Florida but the same holds true nationwide. Well worth reading.

Shalom,

Peter

inShare144
Thousands Of Consumers Get Insurance Cancellation Notices Due To Health Law Changes

Health plans are sending hundreds of thousands of cancellation letters to people who buy their own coverage, frustrating some consumers who want to keep what they have and forcing others to buy more costly policies.

The main reason insurers offer is that the policies fall short of what the Affordable Care Act requires starting Jan. 1. Most are ending policies sold after the law passed in March 2010. At least a few are cancelling plans sold to people with pre-existing medical conditions.

By all accounts, the new policies will offer consumers better coverage, in some cases, for comparable cost -- especially after the inclusion of federal subsidies for those who qualify. The law requires policies sold in the individual market to cover 10 “essential” benefits, such as prescription drugs, mental health treatment and maternity care. In addition, insurers cannot reject people with medical problems or charge them higher prices. The policies must also cap consumers’ annual expenses at levels lower than many plans sold before the new rules.

But the cancellation notices, which began arriving in August, have shocked many consumers in light of President Barack Obama’s promise that people could keep their plans if they liked them.

I don’t feel like I need to change, but I have to,” said Jeff Learned, a television editor in Los Angeles, who must find a new plan for his teenage daughter, who has a health condition that has required multiple surgeries.

An estimated 14 million people purchase their own coverage because they don’t get it through their jobs. Calls to insurers in several states showed that many have sent notices.

Florida Blue, for example, is terminating about 300,000 policies, about 80 percent of its individual policies in the state. Kaiser Permanente in California has sent notices to 160,000 people – about half of its individual business in the state. Insurer Highmark in Pittsburgh is dropping about 20 percent of its individual market customers, while Independence Blue Cross, the major insurer in Philadelphia, is dropping about 45 percent.

Some Policies Targeted

Both Independence and Highmark are cancelling so-called “guaranteed issue” policies, which had been sold to customers who had pre-existing medical conditions when they signed up. Policyholders with regular policies because they did not have health problems will be given an option to extend their coverage through next year.

Consumer advocates say such cancellations raise concerns that companies may be targeting their most costly enrollees.

They may be “doing this as an opportunity to push their populations into the exchange and purge their systems” of policyholders they no longer want, said Jerry Flanagan, an attorney with the advocacy group Consumer Watchdog in California.

Insurers deny that, saying they are encouraging existing customers to re-enroll in their new plans.

We continue to cover people with all types of health conditions,” said Highmark spokeswoman Kristin Ash.

She said some policyholders who may have faced limited coverage for their medical conditions will get new plans with “richer benefits” and the policies “in most cases, will be at a lower rate.”

Paula Sunshine, vice president of marketing with Independence, said the insurer hopes the cancelled policyholders will “choose Blue when they decide on a new plan.”

Higher Costs?

Some receiving cancellations say it looks like their costs will go up, despite studies projecting that about half of all enrollees will get income-based subsidies.

Kris Malean, 56, lives outside Seattle, and has a health policy that costs $390 a month with a $2,500 deductible and a $10,000 in potential out-of-pocket costs for such things as doctor visits, drug costs or hospital care.

As a replacement, Regence BlueShield is offering her a plan for $79 more a month with a deductible twice as large as what she pays now, but which limits her potential out-of-pocket costs to $6,250 a year, including the deductible.

My impression was …there would be a lot more choice, driving some of the rates down,” said Malean, who does not believe she is eligible for a subsidy.

Regence spokeswoman Rachelle Cunningham said the new plans offer consumers broader benefits, which “in many cases translate into higher costs.”

The arithmetic is inescapable,” said Patrick Johnston, chief executive officer of the California Association of Health Plans. Costs must be spread, so while some consumers will see their premiums drop, others will pay more -- “no matter what people in Washington say.”

Health insurance experts say new prices will vary and much depends on where a person lives, their age and the type of policy they decide to buy. Some, including young people and those with skimpy or high-deductible plans, may see an increase. Others, including those with health problems or who buy coverage with higher deductibles than they have now, may see lower premiums.

Blue Shield of California sent roughly 119,000 cancellation notices out in mid-September, about 60 percent of its individual business. About two-thirds of those policyholders will see rate increases in their new policies, said spokesman Steve Shivinsky.

Like other insurers, the Blue Shield letters let customers know they have to make a decision by Dec. 31 or they will automatically be enrolled in a recommended plan.

There is going to be a certain amount of churn in the marketplace as people have to make their decisions,” Shivinsky said.

Spend $4 and get back $10 every time you spend. Contact me (Helen) at this email »»» zhebee@yahoo.com
+1
10/28/2013 1:49:46 AM
Well unfortunately Helen, I can no longer eat raw foods, makes my blood pressure drop too low although I can occasionally tolerate a slice of tomato and onion on a hamburger. I guess that goes along with my allergies but not sure but good luck with your exciting news. :)

[quote]
Hello Evelyn

Pray you don't get sick and then to keep from getting sick, eat the best raw food in the world which Helen will soon be selling ...again. Watch for that exciting news soon!

Helen

+1
10/28/2013 1:52:41 AM
Looks like the chickens may be coming home to roost.........

Covert spying on world leaders to get an edge is Obama’s dirty work on the international scene

Obama rewriting ‘Home of the Brave’ to ‘Home of the Turncoats’

By Judi McLeod Friday, October 25, 2013

President Barack Obama’s epic failure in fostering world hatred for the United States is apparent in Germany and Brazil turning to the United Nations to restrain American spies.

If Obama couldn’t turn the world against America by Tele-prompted speeches, then he could try to force upon it the unwanted reputation of ‘America, Home of the World’s Nastiest Back-Stabbing Spies’.

Obama spent much of a past frenzied five years traveling on the public dime to foster American hatred in foreign lands. He failed, primarily because millions the world over see America as it still is and has long been: a beacon of hope and last bastion of Western freedom.

Even as the world’s top malcontent, Obama should know by now that no matter how hate-filled yourself, you can’t get people to hate on presidential command.

It’s part of Natural Law that people will determine for themselves from personal experience what to hate or not.

Having miserably failed in his ‘All Hate America’ agenda, Obama has now taken America to the new low of U.N. established guidelines to ..prevent the U.S.—now widely portrayed as a country of collective spies—to prevent “cyberspace from being used as a weapon of war”.

Ironic that Obama’s uninterrupted hate spew would now be turned over to the U.N., a body more famous for what it doesn’t do rather than what it does do, but poetic justice indeed if the countries pressing the U.N. find relief for an American population being gnawed upon by NSA government-motivated rats.

“Brazil and Germany today joined forces to press for the adoption of a U.N. General Resolution that promotes the right of privacy on the internet, marking the first major international effort to restrain the NSA’s intrusions into the online communications of foreigners, according to diplomatic sources familiar with the push. (Daily Mail, Oct. 24, 2013).

On an even playing field, Obama would have long ago gone down in flames. But Obama leads like a typical cut throat from behind and marches boldly forward on Marxist lies.

How can we be sure it is Obama behind the ongoing American spy scandal?

“The National Security Agency has monitored the phone conversations of at least 35 world leaders after being given their numbers by an official in another government department, according to a classified document leaked by whistle-blower Edward Snowden. (Daily Mail, Oct. 24, 2013. Italics CFP’s).

“The confidential memo reveals that senior officials in ‘customer’ departments such (as) the White House and the Pentagon were encouraged to share their Rolodexes’ of contact details with the NSA”.

In other words, Obama is making despicable turncoats of his own staffers in order to portray America as a nation of coverts waiting to stab the leaders of other countries in the back by spying on them, and in fact putting them in danger of potential blackmail, hostage taking and even assassination.

What information gleaned by NSA by listening in on the telephone calls of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, seen by anti-EU agents as Enemy Numero Uno could fall into the wrong hands?

In its investigation, let’s hope the U.N. forges into suspicions that it was the Barack Obama campaign team that released information from the divorce papers of Jack Ryan in the 2004 senate race.

Covert spying on world leaders to get an edge is Obama’s dirty work on the international scene.

On home turf, “no telephone in America makes call without leaving record with NSA.” (Drudge Report, Oct. 25, 2013). Ditto for emails of everyday people.

This from the same administration that can’t—or won’t—get Obama’s signature health care website up and running.

Meanwhile, it’s got to be the irony of modern times that the stealth spying ruining peoples’ lives is being conducted by a man who paid $2-million to keep his own past hidden away under lock and key.

INFOLINKS_OFF google_ad_section_end

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!