Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
POTY Adjustments
1/15/2009 11:56:27 AM
Hello Everybody,

Today I have received a message from Peter Fogel.

This is his last message as chair of the POTW award and forum.

At this point I would like to thank Peter Fogel and his team for running this award.
Peter with his team offered free service to this community every week posting to this forum, looking for people worth being nominated and for supervising the vote and compiling results.
Peter has been also running picture award forum for which I'm also grateful.

Thank you Peter for this service. I'm sure we will see you around.

Since Peter decided to resign from this position, we are now considering new person and possibly change of the rules and the way this award will be run.

I will keep you posted.

Paulina Rina is the official winner of the POTY award.
Congratulation Pauline.

Bogdan Fiedur

Here is the letter from Peter.

Hello Friends

On the evening of January 12, 2008 there was an issue in the POTY poll caused by a post written by AnaMaria that she mistakingly wrote in a colleagues account which I deleted and AnaMaria reposted from the correct account. Anamaria explained what had happed and also answered in regard to another query that was raised by a few members.

After this happened I posted that I am removing myself from the POTY and resigning from the POTW team and immediately after that I sent Bogdan a PM with the resignation of the whole POTW team.

The reason I removed myself from the POTY contest and resigned from the POTW was due to the acts taken by me on that evening. It appeared that by deleting the mistaken post I was trying to hide something and the action was devious by appearance and there is no justifying it. I had no right to delete anything written by a voting member in that thread that wasn't spam or unrelated to the POTY poll. The act was doubly reprehensible since I was one of the leaders in the poll itself. Georgios wrote something in one of his threads and unfortunately I have to agree with him. “to stop making use of privileges that others don't have”. I did just that and as I regret abusing the privileges I had. Hence the removal from the POTY and my resignation from the POTW.

I took and take full responsibility for my actions and deeply regret having done it. My apologies to you all.

The winner of the 2008 POTY is Pauline Raina.

Shalom,

Peter

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: POTY Adjustments
1/15/2009 12:09:00 PM
Thank you Bogdan, i wish Peter well in everything he does, i posted a thread of which i explian of my feelings to the POTW team in my forum. God_bless you POTW team for your efforts, we thank you. Now as you know Bogdan i recently became CEO over at Bizzy Blogz community and unfortunetly  wish i could help but im sorry to say i cant this time so please forgive the word Cant lol. I'll do my best if something needs urgent attention to help. God_bless you my friend. Bizzy Thomas
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Warren Miner

26 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/15/2009 12:16:51 PM

Wow !

How sad and unfortunate!

What a great and humble man and a great sport

I'm sorry to hear that Peter!

Many thanks to you and your team for all of your time and services to this awesome network!

Congratulations Ms. Pauline !

Don't go away though Peter !

Because i know you will be sorely missed !

Have a great year ahead and YOU still the man!

The Cap'n Warren Miner

I would like to nominate MRS. Jo ANNE Green

For the POTW

Because she is such a great friend and does soooooo much for this community!

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/15/2009 12:17:15 PM
Dear Bogdan:

Thank you for officially stepping in and helping with a resolution to these happenings.

Peter?

Thank you for your hard work, in fact to all of you, what you did week after week, month after month, given freely, hours spent on these forums, to me deserves a standing ovation.

Thank you for taking responsibility, taking ownership and dealing with the consequences.

One would hope that the flames and the flame war will stop and that in time everyone can move forward.

For anyone who does not understand what "flames" and "flame wars" mean, here are the definitions:

Flame

To post a hostile comment, often directed personally to another commenter or blogger and generally deliberately inflammatory or insulting. A flame is generally not meant to be constructive, add to a discussion or persuade other commenters of a position. The term comes from long usage in the context of from newsgroups or discussion lists.

Flame War
A hostile exchange of views via the Internet characterized by highly intemperate language.
(This term is by no means exclusive to blogs and is found in wide use throughout the Internet)

Lastly:

Pauline?

I liked what you had said when it was thought that you had not won.  You show a lot of class.

My sincere congratulations goes to you on winning the POTY 2008.  Please enjoy your time as the "Queen" of Adland.

Best Regards,

Diane
Administrative Director
BlogNet Awards

+0
1/15/2009 12:34:02 PM

To you, Bogdan, for bringing this to a final resolution and the scrunity it took to do so.  As leader of this community you have my humble thanks.

Since I cannot post directly to Peter Fogel - I will offer a thank you to the POTW Team for all your efforts this past year.

and to this community.

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!