Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - OPTIMISM vs PESSIMISM
3/18/2009 8:21:39 AM

This is the most outrageous and disgusting scenario, I have read in a long time.  I cannot believe the world is so foolish as to support ISLAM!  Read the following and you will understand my outrage!  ISLAM is NOT A RELIGION, it IS A POLITICAL Movement as Destructive as the Third Reich and enslaves its own people!  Slavery Kills the innocent and infirm!

A WEALTHY Indonesian Muslim cleric who married a 12-year-old girl faces up to 15 years in jail after being arrested for obscenity, local media reports.

Pujiono Cayho Widiyanto, a 43-year-old businessman and cleric, was arrested by police in the Central Java city of Semarang yesterday, The Jakarta Globe English-language daily said.

Mr Widiyanto sparked nationwide outrage by taking a poor village girl, Lutfiana Ulfa, as his second wife in August last year.

"We've collected enough evidence to charge him with under age obscenity under the Criminal Code," chief detective Royhardi Siahaan was quoted as saying, adding the charges carried a maximum of 15 years' jail.

The cleric was arrested after police collected documents proving Ulfa was under age, Mr Siahaan said.

Mr Widiyanto and his supporters say his actions are acceptable under Islam but others say he should abide by state law, which sets 16 as the minimum age for marriage.

Police were not immediately available to confirm the report.

Although Indonesian law carries stiff penalties for pedophilia, arranged marriages between older men and girls are common in poor rural areas, but are not registered with the government.

About 90 per cent of Indonesia's 234 million people are Muslim, but the country has sizeable Hindu, Buddhist and Christian minorities.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25207547-5006003,00.html

Jim

PS:  Read some of the side stories on the website, too.

PPS: I am amazed at how fast my list building has taken off with this new product.  Easy Video Producer http://evp.ulearn2earn.com

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/18/2009 9:36:41 AM
Hello Peter and Friends :-)

Its been a while since I could be here with you!
This last "BONE" of yours reminded me of an old joke we used here:

Whats the difference between and OPTIMIST and a PESSIMIST?

The PESSIMIST says: I CANNOT BE WORSE!
The OPTIMIST says: Oh YES! It CAN!

and I hope I won't be out of line with my "oldie graphic" :-)

(1997) Dry Bones cartoon: Watching Yasser Arafat.
With (even more) friendship,
Anamaria

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - VENGENCE
3/25/2009 12:50:35 PM

Hello Friends,

I've been away for a week and there is so much to post about but I thought I'd share this Dry Bones with you first.

Yaakov gives a good explanation for it and I'm sure it'll be an eye opener for you.

Shalom,

Peter

I did not make up this cartoon.

According to a Deutsche Presse-Agentur report about Israeli government actions:

"A special ministerial committee appointed a team to examine whether it would be possible, in accordance with international law, to limit the amount of money transferred to prisoners for their personal use, their ability to watch television and listen to the radio, acquire an education and isolate them so they cannot enjoy physical contact with prisoners.

The committee is expected to complete its study within two weeks, Israeli media reports said Thursday."

-Dry Bones- Israel's Political Comic Strip Since 1973
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/25/2009 1:03:34 PM

Hi Geketa,

I understand your meaning and appreciate the dilema us natural optimists are in. The situation is grim and with what's his name in the White House not much chance of things improving.

Here's another tidbit to add to your moronic list. I read today that he said the war on terrorism is over!!!??? Read more below.

Shalom,

Peter

Don't mention the war on terror! Obama rebrands Bush's hated campaign as 'overseas contingency operation'

By Mail Foreign Service

Last updated at 11:41 AM on 25th March 2009

It was the most reviled policy of George W. Bush's presidency so the decision to rebrand the much derided 'war on terror' may seem particularly astute.

The wisdom of renaming it 'Overseas Contingency Operation' however, remains to be seen. 

Washington speechwriters and other key officials were notified of the change today by email, according to The Washington Post.

The leaked memo sent from the Defense Department's office of security notes: 'This administration prefers to avoid using the term "Long War" or"Global War on Terror".

'Please use 'Overseas Contingency Operation.'

Email recipients were asked to pass the information on to staff - and to amend uses of the phrase War On Terror, which was adopted after the September 11 attacks in 2001, in official documents.

However, there appeared to be some confusion about where the policy originated.

Kenneth Baer, spokesman from the Office of Management and Budget, said: 'There was no memo, no guidance.

'This is the opinion of a career civil servant.'

The Obama administration has been using the phrase Global Contingency Operation for around a month, in an apparent move to distance itself from the legacy of the Bush years.

The former President resisted pressure from his own advisers to rebrand the policy, despite claims the name did not reflect the realities of the fight against terrorism.

Options had included changing it to GSAVE, or Global Struggle Against Violent Extremism. 

However, any such move was quashed after President Bush said it was still a war for him.

Mail On Line    World news

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/25/2009 1:15:14 PM

Hi Jim,

Thanks for sharing that with us. It doesn't surprise me though when you consider that their prophet Mohammad married a 9 year old I believe. This cleric actually showed surprising restraint when he married a 12 year old. Don't you think?

You've stated well what I've been saying all along and hopefully more will become cognizant of this fact. It's way past wake up time.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!