Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - 30 YEARS OF PEACE BETWEEN EGYPT AND ISRAEL
3/16/2009 12:21:33 AM

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your comments. It is so true that closing the gate after the fox is in gobbling up all the chickens is a bit to late. And yes the situation we are in to day already has the fox within all our borders. I tend to call it the 5th front and the enemy within.

The fight we are in to retain our cultures, freedom of speech and following the religion of our choice is not a preventive battle but one of rooting out the source of evil. Different tactics and different solutions which needs the help of each and every one of us.

The example you gave with the tragedy of EAL flight 401 is not a very good one in my opinion. The problem stemmed from many errors up to and including pilot error and the failure of a simple light bulb. But the difference is that from those errors and the tragedy that ensued the flight industry learned much and used it to improve the standards and their flight training.

I don't see that our world leaders learned anything from history and they are behaving as if there is no problem. It's a case of the blind leading the blind and we the people have to get those damn blinders off and start taking action. 

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - AN OPEN LETTER FROM INDIA TO BHO
3/16/2009 12:29:37 AM

Hi Ron,

I've seen that video and the article quite a while ago but the percentages and the lessons to be learned from it haven't changed.

Just take the example of what happened in Malmo, Sweden where 25% of the population is Muslim. Not a pleasant sight and one to be learned from. Read more here.

Thanks for the link and the reminder. Every one should be aware of these facts and statistics.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - 30 YEARS OF PEACE BETWEEN EGYPT AND ISRAEL
3/16/2009 7:05:42 AM

Hello Peter,

Even though you say that the aircraft crash is not a good example, I see it as the perfect example simply because you said it loud and clear. The aviation authorities plug into any incident, accident or disasters so as to perfect the system with regards to future safety towards all, and this is absolutely NOT what governments do. They have NO interest to ponder about the why the when and the simple teachings of history. Coming to think of it, why should they? They are only in position for a year or 10 on average at the most, so they need to provide for the (apparent) easy and comfortable ride of their citizens if they wish to prolong their comfy vanity and arrogance for as long as possible. Democracy obliges!

Yep! Let’s have freedom of speech; we already have freedom of religion, freedom of free enterprise (as long as you pay your due tax! And that is only some weird local habit), freedom for all to live in the country of their choice, freedom to live or not (especially if you are only some cellular mass!), freedom to knock off granddad or grandma or both (call it accompanionement! Or whatever … make it sound nice!). Consider it an advantage, a social progress for now you no longer need to travel a thousand miles to have a couscous kebab for super, it is all presently available locally for having in the comfort of your own home! The list is very long. (So also indeed is the unwritten menu!)

One little “freedom” has not been mentioned; Freedom of law. Imagine freedom of law…Wow! I am going to travel to London shortly and obeyed rigorously to my own law by driving on the right hand side of the road come what may! By Golly, my human dignity is not going to be ruffled by some petty little local law, just you watch.

Conclusion: For having perverted the laws of nature, by providing the ultimate insult to Our Lord as a human right, there only remain appetites of wealth and of pleasure.  There remains jealousies and luxuries.  In one word, there remains the human beast. There remains all that divides, all that excites irreligious hates, and all that rouses inexpiable wars.  They searched for peace by methods that were not the one of the Prince and God of Peace.  They did not find Peace and it confirmed thereby the words of our Divine Redeemer:  Dixerunt pax et non est pax”.  They proclaimed peace and peace did not come.  They have even projected a unique light on this formula that can well be a law of history:  Si vis belum, para pacem,”  if you want war, prepare peace; peace according to the world!

Friendly yours,

Robert.

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - OPTIMISM vs PESSIMISM
3/17/2009 11:42:23 PM
 Hello Friends,

This is a bit out of context but to good not to  post. Unfortunately I have a feeling that Dry Bones hit the nail on the head with this one.

Shalom,

Peter

Not knowing what the future will bring can be exciting, even exhilarating and challenging. These days, not knowing what the future will bring is starting to be scary. Everybody I know is speculating, so I did this Optimist Pessimist cartoon.
I don't know which I am. How about you. Are you feeling optimistic, pessimistic, or just plain confused? And how do you think the future will view our current crisis?
DRY BONES
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - OPTIMISM vs PESSIMISM
3/18/2009 6:43:28 AM
Hi Peter and Friends,

I agree Dry Bones certainly hit the nail on the head with this cartoon. I have always been very optimistic how ever  in light of the events going on both here in the US an around the world  I am more pessimistically optimist. Yes I know that some what of an an oxymoron but speaking of morons , look at the moron we have running the country.
:(

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!