Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - Egyptian Cleric Says-Valentines Day More Dangerous Then, Aids, Ebola and Cholera
2/14/2009 3:16:24 PM

Hi JoAnne,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Valentines Day is a prime example of the disdain, contempt and hatred that Islam has for anything that doesn't conform to their beliefs. Kuwait and Saudi Arabia are only the tip of the iceberg. Most of the Muslim countries have laws against it and are banning this lovely day.

Happy Valentines Day to you.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - 2 RAMS AND A WOMAN
2/14/2009 11:48:35 PM

Hello Friends,

This morning I read an article in Atlas Shrugs based on an article written in the Arab News a Saudi based english news paper.

Read the original article and judge for yourselves what is more important in the Islamic world according to Shariah law. 2 rams or a woman?

Shalom,

Peter

Two rams and a woman
Khaled Al-Sulaiman | Okaz, Jehat5@yahoo.com

We have an entrenched judicial system that is based on Divine Law and not personal whims. This is the reason why I could not understand two recent court verdicts handed out on the same day.

In the first ruling, two thieves who stole two rams were sentenced to three years imprisonment and 1,000 lashes each.

The second ruling of two years imprisonment and 200 whiplashes was for a husband who beat his wife until she swallowed her tongue and died.

I could not find any explanation for the great difference in the two rulings although they were reached under the same law. Are the two rams more valuable than the woman or is the life of a human being cheaper than that of livestock?

I am not evaluating the judicial system or delving into the parameters of the rulings. I’m just trying to understand how some judges think and issue their verdicts? It might be true that the woman was killed unintentionally and the rams were stolen with intent, but this will not answer the questions that arise from the two verdicts.

I doubt very much the Ministry of Justice will include the two verdicts in its records because they contradict the picture that the ministry is trying to draw that court verdicts are based on principles of fairness and not the personal views of judges.

I know that the judiciary has a spirit that is not separated from the recorded text and which judges cannot do without while carrying out their duties. However, some amazing rulings make us doubtful of this spirit.

In the West, we often hear about contradicting rulings in almost identical cases. However, these contradictions should not exist here as our justice is based on Shariah, not personal assessment or whims even if the case was of two rams whose destiny we do not know.

Arab News

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=13&section=0&article=118262&d=14&m=2&y=2009

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - FITNA AND GEERT WILDERS
2/15/2009 5:37:53 AM
 Hello Friends,

I must admit that I have been remiss in not writing about the Dutch Parliamentarian Geert Wilders and the troubles he's facing. If you are not familiar with his name I'm sure you've heard about his movie Fitna. Probably one of the most viewed videos on the net. I 'm not sure but in a search I made today I couldn't find it on youtube which doesn't surprise me since they're known to cave in to pressure and guess who's pressuring them? I do have  an original link for you to watch the 17 minute video and see exactly what it is you/we are facing in all countries that aren't Islamic.

Geert Wilders is being charged by the Dutch courts for promoting a hate movie. These charges were dropped by the courts twice and just recently they reversed their original judgments. Guess who pressured them to do that?

I've watched this video many times and there is no hate but facts backed by verses from the Koran and then proof that they are doing just what they are being ordered to do by virtue of obeying the writings of the Koran.

Why is Wilder's case so important to all of us. Whether you support him or not the case against him is against freedom of speech. There are more then signs world wide that people are being silenced for speaking their mind and stating their opinions without being racist or with hate. Unfortunately this appears to be happening in the USA or is in the initial stages of becoming a part of our lives. For anyone that believes that freedom of speech is your inaniable right this man must get your support.

Here is the link to watch the Fitna movie and you be the judge if there is anything but factual information in this video without any hate at all. Click On Geert's picture and it'll take you to the video.

click on the picture to watch the video

Last week he was supposed to present the video in the House of Lords in Great Britain (he was invited by them) and wasn't allowed entry, once again cos of fear and Muslim pressure. A definite cave in and a shame that a man of his caliber is being silenced. Fitna was shown in the House of Lords but with out Geert Wilders who was expelled from the country. Shameful behavior by a country that is supposed to be democratic and a believer in freedom of speech.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jo Anne Green

1335 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/15/2009 11:15:44 AM

Sunny Greetings from California, Peter!

I am so glad that you brought to this forum the unfair treatments that were given by the Dutch court and the British Homeland Security Department to the Dutch lawmaker, Gert Wilders.

As I read about Wilders' denied entry to Britain and watched his Fina movie last week, I immediately remembered many cases in the United States that have brought fears and repercussions to people and media for mentioning the teachings of Islam in any fashions viewed as negative or critical. Increasingly our freedom of speech in many western countries is no longer applied fairly. Expressing any disapproval or disagreement with any Muslim teaching or practice is considered to be "hate speech," but the same prohibitions do not apply to Muslims, who are free to openly spew virulent hatred toward Christians, Jews, and other non-Muslims and to even incite violence against them.

This is another case of cowardice by the Dutch and British governments that are practicing appeasement in the face of Islamic intimidation. It is a shame!!!

Until next time --

Stay Safe, Stay Well and Shalom!

JoAnne Green
Principal / International Risk Management Advisor

Integrity 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes)  Experience 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes) Dependability

Sunburst International Risk Managementwww.InternationalRiskManagement.comSunburst Worldwide Insurance Serviceswww.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/15/2009 4:35:08 PM

Hi JoAnne,

I was planning to post about Geert Wilders for a while now but for some reason I kept on putting it off.

Geert is a very brave man. There is a Jihad death sentence out there on him and I fear for his life.

For those that aren't aware he is the leader of a political party in Holland and a member of their Parliament. His objective is to have the Koran banned as a hate book in the same manner that Mein Kamph (sp?) is banned. He produced the short movie (17 minutes) to prove his point and I must say he did a very good job.

I read earlier today that in Italy he is being treated with the respect he deserves and is to receive The Oriana Falacci Free Speech Award for Fitna in Italy. What a difference between Italy and the 2  appeasing countries GB and Holland. A well deserved award for a brave and courageous man.

Shalom,

Peter

Geert Wilders to Show “Fitna” and Receive Italian Anti-Jihad Award in Rome

by Jerry Gordon

As Geert Wilders said yesterday, the British government was ‘cowardly’ for suppressing his freedom of speech by ejecting him from the U.K. virtually upon arrival at Heathrow.  We posted yesterday that Wilders is going on to Rome, where, on February 19th, he will present his film “Fitna” at an invitation-only event. In addition to the screening, a news release issued today from the International Free Press Society notes:

The February 19 event will also include an address by Mr. Wilders, a press conference, and a ceremony during which "A Way for Oriana" will award Mr. Wilders with the Orianna Fallaci Free Speech Award, an honor that will recognize the parliamentarian, like the late Italian author and journalist, as a “symbol of the fight against Islamic fascism and a knight of the freedom of humankind.”

The event will be held at the Grand Palatino Hotel in Via Cavour 213, Rome, Italy. For security reasons, the conference is being restricted to those who have received invitations only.

Fitna will next be screened in smaller gatherings in the United States later this month, including assemblies in the New York and Washington, DC areas.

Wilders noted what are the objectives of his Facing Jihad World tour:

“This event is part of the ‘Facing Jihad’ world tour for Fitna that will serve to expose Islam for what it is, an ideology that preaches terrorism, anti-Semitism and the oppression of women, homosexuals and non-Muslims” said Mr. Wilders.

“Educating the public about the harsh realities of Islamization is the first step to effectively combating and ultimately defeating Global Jihad,” said Mr. Wilders.

Wilders leader of the Freedom Party in the Dutch parliament is facing criminal prosecution for effectively insulting a religion, Islam, in Holland arising from a controversial Amsterdam appeals court decision last month.  

Notwithstanding the decision to bar entry of Wilders yesterday by the Gordon Brown government in Whitehall, “Fitna” was shown to a private gathering at the House of Lords sponsored by Lord Pearson and Baroness Cox. The U.K. Home office letter and actions by immigration officials at Heathrow airport is a reflection of deepening intimidation by the British Muslim community led by Lord Ahmed who had threatened to bring 10,000 Muslims to the Westminster parliament to protest Wilders and the showing of “Fitna”.

Britons were perturbed with its government’s decision to bar entry to Wilders. As reflected in a Daily Mail poll with the question, “Should Dutch MP Geert Wilders be allowed to address the House of Lords?” more than four fifths, 86 percent, responded that Wilders should have been permitted to present and speak at their Parliament.

ATLAS SHRUGS
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!