Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - REPLY TO PHILOXENIA # 2
2/6/2009 12:29:54 AM

Hi Geketa,

Thank you for your contributions on King Hussein. He was a special person with character and firm beliefs that he wasn't afraid to stand up for. He believed as we do that living in peace is the only option and he did all he could to attain that for his people,

He is remembered and missed. 

Thanks for posting the UN report on the supposed bombing of the school. Here in Israel we already knew all that was "finally" published in the report and explained to the media what actually occurred. Needless to say they didn't report on our findings BUT the question that needs to be asked is: Did the media report the findings published in the UN report??? I seriously doubt it cos it would show them up for the fools that they are.

Thanks again for sharing with us.

Shalom,

Peter 

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - UNRWA Employees
2/6/2009 12:42:59 AM

Hello Friends,

Here's today's Dry bones. How well it describes the media's "objective" reporting.

Here's what the author of Dry bones had to say:

In response to popular demand, I've used the Naive Newsman character again to further explore the fantasy world of TV News reporting of the Mideast "conflict".

Meanwhile, in the real world, U.S. Representative Steven R. Rothman of New Jersey has proposed Congressional legislation to "Ensure Terrorists are Not Employed by or Receive Benefits from UNRWA". The following paragraph is from the text of the proposed bill:

"UNRWA has employed staffers affiliated with terrorism, including Said Sayyam, the Hamas Minister of Interior and Civil Affairs, who was a teacher in UNRWA schools in Gaza from 1980 to 2003; Awad al-Qiq, the headmaster of an UNRWA school in the Gaza Strip who also led Islamic Jihad's engineering unit that built bombs and Qassam rockets; Nahed Rashid Ahmed Atallah, a prior senior UNRWA employee from 1990 to 1993 who was responsible for the dissemination of assistance to refugees while he was also an operative of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine; and Nidal Abd al-Fattah Abdallah Nazzal, a Hamas activist employed as an ambulance driver by UNRWA, who confessed in 2002 to transporting weapons and explosives to terrorists in an UNRWA ambulance;" -more
-Dry Bones- Israel's Political Comic Strip Since 1973
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - UNRWA Employees
2/6/2009 7:03:21 AM
Hi Peter,

Great dry Bones today. I think the guy must know you have this thread here :)

No, the American media did not say one single word about the UN findings on  the UNRWA School bombings nor did I see anything on the BBC either. I watch both here on the nightly news. I can't speak for the rest of the world as I don't read nor get their news reports.

In my opinion and my guess work is  this school could very well be a school for teaching kids to be terrorist instead of a school for education.

Amanda,
I agree with what you have said here. You have a wonderful understanding.

Helen,
I always enjoy your post thanks

Shalom,

Geketa 

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - Petition To UN Sec General - Hamas War Crimes
2/6/2009 8:12:35 AM

Hello Friends,

Here's a petition to The UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon Petitioning against the Hamas war crimes. If you're so inclined there is a link to sign the petition below.

Shalom,

Peter

To:  UN Secretary General

Mr Ban Ki-Moon
United Nations

Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General
United Nations, S-378
New York, NY 10017
Tel. 212-963-7162, Fax. 212-963-7055 Thursday, January 8, 2009 /EMYM

The Honorable Secretary-General, Mr Ban Ki-moon!

Subject: Hamas leadership to be brought to trial for War Crimes

Your Excellency! We, the Take-A-Pen international public advocacy organization, request decisive action regarding a severe case of war crimes.

In the recent years and in the present ongoing military conflict the Hamas terrorist organization ruling in Gaza has committed a large number of diverse war crimes, as defined by International Law.

The form of warfare the Hamas movement inflicted both on the Gaza population and on Israel has caused much suffering and heavy losses and damage both to Israel's civilian population and to the entire Gaza Strip. The Hamas regime has fired 6,300 rockets targeting Israeli civilians. In Gaza the Hamas stored rockets and other weaponry and ammunition primarily in residential areas; in houses, mosques, and schools. Thousands of rocket and mortar grenade attacks were launched from within these areas, obliging Israeli military response which inevitably led to great suffering of the population and damage to property.

According to International Law any source of fire on civilian targets is a legitimate target itself. If that source of fire was located among civilians it still remains a legitimate target; and if that vicinity invites fire in return, causing casualties among the local population, these casualties are the full and sole responsibility of the party placing them deliberately in harm's way. In this case Hamas is fully responsible both for the deliberately targeted Israeli civilian casualties and for the civilian casualties of its own population used by Hamas as a human shield.

Your Excellency, Mister Secretary General! We demand that the Hamas leadership be brought to international justice without delay, and tried for the following war crimes:

- Shooting rockets and grenades purposely on civilian targets in Israel.
- Shooting these rockets from within Palestinian civilian compounds such as schools or in close proximity of hospitals or residential buildings.
- Storing weapons and ammunition in schools, mosques, public offices and buildings and the sort.
- Regularly using their own civilians as human shield; particularly children, often forced to be in the most dangerous spots.
- During fighting with the Israeli forces the Hamas fighters, who wore uniforms at the beginning, changed to civilian clothing or IDF uniforms and continued to fight.
- Hamas fighters have routinely hid among civilians in hospitals
- To the kidnapped Israeli soldier, Gilad Schalit, Hamas did not provide the most elementary rights of war prisoners, such as information given to the other side and Red Cross visits, rights Israel grants even to convicted Hamas terrorists.
- Children and minors were routinely used by Hamas for military tasks, both battle and auxiliary. The Hamas regime has also educated, indoctrinated and trained children and minors to murderous hatred, to will and techniques to kill.
- The Hamas leadership embezzled aid money received for the peaceful needs of Gaza's population and used these extensive funds for war efforts; weaponry, military equipment and constructions, and an enormous military build-up.

A failure to prosecute the Hamas leadership in International Court would, no doubt, lead to their war crimes growingly become normative behavior, and to more of the same humanitarian catastrophes, to millions of victims of oppression and killings undefended by the UN.

Mr Secretary General, we would appreciate your considered reply, which, with your permission, we would publish, along with this letter. We shall follow your relevant activities with great honor, high expectations, and deep moral support.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Please Go here to sign the petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/tap12009/petition.html

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jo Anne Green

1335 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - Petition To UN Sec General - Hamas War Crimes
2/6/2009 11:38:49 AM

Sunny Greetings from California, Peter!

First, I want to let you know how much I appreciate this special thread and your diligent work to provide important information about what really has been happening in your part of the world. I have read your research with great interest and also have enjoyed the ironic humor in each Dry Bones.

Second, this special thread has affirmed to me that there are decent and courage human beings, Jews and non-Jews, in this world who have raised their voice to condemn the atrocity that the Hamas has continued to bring to the Middle East region.

Until next time--

Be Safe, Be Well, and Shalom!

JoAnne Green
Principal / International Risk Management Advisor

Integrity 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes)  Experience 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes) Dependability
Sunburst International Risk Managementwww.InternationalRiskManagement.comSunburst Worldwide Insurance Serviceswww.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!