Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Great announcement for Native Americans
10/19/2009 1:51:39 PM
The real story about Columbus.

and Thanksgiving

Blessings to our Native Americans, who are our brother and sisters,
WE ARE ALL ONE.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/28/2009 5:52:13 PM

Dear Myrna,

Congratulations for this winning forum!

Your dedication and hard work in presenting the Native Americans is incredible!

Thank you for bringing awareness to some of the most misunderstood people in history.

When we understand we are ONE, we can move forward with Collective Energy to obtain our goals for PEACE and LOVE through FORGIVENESS
~Terry Gorley~

We are ONE!

Love & Hugs

Sincerely,
Terry

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/28/2009 6:00:34 PM

For some reason....Pictures and YouTube videos are NOT showing up. Your picture is not showing. What is wrong with Adland?

I am so glad you won the BEST FORUM Award Myrna. Your forum on Native American's is wonderful. Many people have come over the year. Lots of wonderful graphics, stories, poems and information.

Congratulations.

Pat

Quote:
The real story about Columbus.

and Thanksgiving

Blessings to our Native Americans, who are our brother and sisters,
WE ARE ALL ONE.

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/29/2009 1:59:28 AM
Hi Terry,

So thankful to see you on my Native American forum and I love what yous said:
When we understand we are ONE, we can move forward with Collective Energy to obtain our goals for PEACE and LOVE through FORGIVENESS. Forgiveness is so hard to do, but so rewarding if done. I will be so glad to here everyone say we are all one, that will be a blessed day.

I just found this, we are going to celebrate National American Indian Heritage in November.

The 34th Annual
American Indian Film Festival
San Francisco, CA

San Francisco, CA —National American Indian Heritage Month is celebrated every year in themonth of November to honor and recognize the original peoples of thisland. The first "American Indian Day" was declared by the State of NewYork in 1916, but a month long recognition of Native Americans was notachieved until 1990. In that year President George H.W. Bush signed ajoint congressional resolution designating November 1990 as "NationalAmerican Indian Heritage Month."

The American Indian Film Institute (AIFI) hopes to encourage thebroader community in recognizing the importance of celebrating NationalAmerican Heritage Month.

Since 1975, the American Indian Film Festival has displayed over2000 films providing inspiration and support for Native film projects.The Festival encourages Native/non-Native filmmakers to bring to thebroader media culture the Native voices, viewpoints and stories thathave been historically excluded from mainstream media; to developIndian and non-Indian audiences for this work; and to advocatetirelessly for authentic representations of Indians in the media.

The 34th annual American Indian Film Festival, presented over ninedays, will run Nov. 6-11 at the Landmark Embarcadero Center Cinema, OneEmbarcadero Center, Promenade Level; and conclude Nov. 12-14 at thePalace of Fine Arts, 3301 Lyon St. at Bay St. The festival willpremiere over 80 new feature films, shorts, public service, musicvideos and documentaries from US American Indian and Canada FirstNation communities.

Some highlights include: Feature Film, The Only Good Indian,starring Wes Studi on Nov. 12; AIFI's Tribal Touring Program, a Nativeyouth film workshop program supported by tribal host partners on Nov.13; and AIFI’s American Indian Motion Picture Awards Show, which honorsfilmmakers and actors and showcases contemporary Native Americantalent, to be held on Saturday, November 14, at the Palace of Fine Artsbeginning at 6:00 p.m.

2009 Film Festival Sponsorship packets are available now. Sponsorships range from$10,000 to $50,000. Reserve early.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The American Indian Film Institute (AIFI) is a non-profit media arts center founded in 1979 to foster understanding ofthe culture, traditions and issues of contemporary Native Americans.The American Indian Film Festival is produced by the American Indian Film Institute with the generous support of oursponsors.

Terry please come back soon.
Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/29/2009 2:11:57 AM
Hi Pat,

Thanks for your support. November is a time of celebration here for our Native Americans. I will need you too come by often. I do wish these Native American in Adlandpro would all join in for this celebration.

Just found this into days News from Indian Country

Main NEWS Section - General Topics - Native America

Sioux Falls, South Dakota (AP) 10-09

A defense spending bill that has passed the U.S. Senate contains aresolution of apology to American Indians. Both of South Dakota’ssenators said Oct. 7 they approve of the resolution but that it’s notenough.

Republican Sen. John Thune says he supports it but called it“symbolic.” He says the real issue is what’s being done to improve thequality of life on reservations.

Democratic Sen. Tim Johnson says American Indians deserve much morethan apology. He says they deserve full funding for the treaty andtrust responsibilities the federal government has taken on.

Johnson also says the apology shouldn’t “go forward” without an agreement to do more.

The resolution apologizes for years of “ill-conceived policies” and acts of violence by U.S. citizens.

But would the government keep it word?

Hugs,

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!