Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 143rd PERSON OF THE WEEK - POTW - JIM ALLEN III
5/12/2008 9:43:43 AM

Hey Gunther,

There is a lot of great material out there but all you really need are four books, in your personal library.  Anything else is just a different way of explaining, what you will learn from reading those books and referring to them often.  I do.

When I was a young man in Chicago, I was there November - February one year, hanging drywall, in high rises.  Talk about cold!  This was the late 70's early 80's it was cold.  I decided I was done being cold and looked into changing my avocation.  It was suggested that I look into sales since I was always running my mouth. 

I hooked up with a Colonial Penn Safe Drivers group.  I answered a an ad for salesman wanted.  What we did was sell a $95.00 a year plan for Safe Drivers.  Commissions were high and renewals were pretty good so you built residual income.  The Sales Manager said this one day and I have never forgotten it.

"If you go in the door, with the intent of helping the client, spend his money intelligently on something that the client needs.  You will leave with a handshake and a check.  Go in any other way and you will be lucky to leave with a hanshake." unknown

Now I really didn't like this guy as he was an arrogant SOB.  But he closed at 80% and had a 90% renewal rate.  This was door to door selling, you were dropped off in a neighborhood and picked up 4 hours later for lunch.  Anyone without a minimum number of sales was teamed up with a closer for the next four hours.  The next day if you didn't make the number in AM you were sent home.  They didn't even give a ya ride back.  I never walked home. :-)  Thank goodness I paid attention when the big dogs spoke.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/12/2008 9:47:09 AM

Hey Gerri,

Thanks for being such a great predecessor and passing the crown.  I hope you had an awesome week as Queen of Adland.

Jim Allen III

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/12/2008 9:56:29 AM

Yes Geketa, I am a military brat.  In 12 years of school I went to 22 different schools.  I was always the new guy and learned to make friends fast.  Glad you enjoyed the bio.  If I were to ever sit down and write a auto biography, it would be looked upon as fiction.  As a young man I was always ready to move on to the next adventure.

As I have grown older and survived those adventures, I am realizing how lucky I was and how much I have learned, that needs sharing.  I believe we all have at least one good book in us. 

It is nice to see so many previous POTW recipients showing up here.  This is a great group to be part of.

Jim Allen III

+0
5/12/2008 10:16:06 AM
Ello there Jim,

Congrats on winning POTW.

I am you are having an awesome time being in the bright and wonderful spot light. If your not having fun, theres something wrong with you. Lolz

Happy late mothers day. That has nothing to do with anything, but just thought I would say it. Lolz

Peace & Love.

See ya

Caitlinn Hagar ~ gamegirlracing
+0
Marion Tucker

2751 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/12/2008 11:46:57 AM

Jim,

Congrats on your Person of the Week honor here. 

A wonderful honor for a wonderful man according
to what I read.  Love that Tim McGraw!

Hugs, Love & Blessings,
Marion :-)
Highest Paying Business Network In The World! http://goldie.secretdm.com/getinfo.html NEW REVOLUTIONARY ANTI-AGING BREAKTHROUGH!!! NO MORE PILLS OR JUICE, just spray nutrients in your mouth! http://Goldie.AliveMax.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!