Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 143rd PERSON OF THE WEEK - POTW - JIM ALLEN III
5/10/2008 5:44:18 AM

POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW

The 143rd Person of the WEEK !!!  

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro,

Peter Fogel, Ana Maria Padurean and Jim Allen your POTW Awards Team.  

Are pleased to announce;

Jim Allen III is the 143rd Person of the Week

Jim Allen III

Jim Allen III

It’s time again for one our favorite projects of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is one of our favorite projects because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people.

Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special.

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. 

To qualify the person has to be an active member
and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here at AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week

(also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). 

This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member 

of the Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

This week we're honoring Jim Allen III.
Jim is involved in the community and is seen everywhere supporting and posting in many forums. 

Jim is a very interesting and active member of our community . Jim is always willing to lend a helping hand and is a team member of the two POTW forums. Jim has a lot of experience and is willing to share with all interested in honing and improving their marketing skills. Visit his forums Everything Is Open For Discussion & Talk About Mentoring and  Coaching Programs.

Congratulations Jim Allen III

on your POTW win! Wink

Jim Allen III

Here's Jim Allen III's Bio:
Hello to All My Friends,

Thank you for the casting your votes for me as the 143rd POTW Awards recipient.  A very Special Thank You goes to Peter and AnnaMaria, for being such great partners, friends and confidants.

I am truly honored and blessed to have so many good friends. 

It really didn't sink in until last night, when Peter, messaged me and sent me to the last page of the "Vote for 143rd POTW".  He had announced my being the 143rd POTW Honoree and served up congratulations.  Then he started in about needing a BIO.  LOL

When I start talking to folks about me, which is rare, I am quite tight lipped and I am my own worst critic and enemy.  Be glad you have not been party to one of my own personal critiques.  I know that I have a long way to go yet.

To best describe my early days, this video and song from "Bucky Covington" pretty much covers those days.  

My father was a Marine all of his life.  My Mom was a Marine too, but became pregnant with me and decided to be a great Mom.  

As a child, until I was about 13 years old, our home was on wheels.  We would move and take our home with us, whenever Dad, received a new assignment or was taken overseas.  We just strapped everything down and called "Morgan Driveways" and away we would go.  Dad did tours in Vietnam, was Adjutant to the Commandant of Marine Corps, held rank as high as Major and retired at a Captain's rank.  Seems like we moved every 6-18 months at that time.  So the Trailer/Mobile Home was real handy. 

We almost settled for good in Woodbridge, Virginia.  But Dad had a massive heart attack late 1969, nearly lost him then.   We sold out and moved back home, (Dad was born and raised in Nashville, Tennessee) in 1970-71. 

We settled in Ashland City, a small town in Cheatham County

John Mellencamp and Miranda Lambert describes my home town to a T.  

I was quite independent then.  as Dad, was disabled, I was the first born and given many more freedoms than my siblings.  Needless to say, I took advantage of the situation.  Growing up in the 70's with little to guide me but "High Times". 

===============================

Fast Forward to the present ======>>

I have been married to Pam, for 23 years.  We have 2 boys, Cody 17 and Justin 25.  My namesake James M. Allen IV is 26, he is from a previous marriage and he is married and builds Demolition Derby cars and is a competitive weightlifter.  Folks, I make no bones about it:  If not for Pam, I probably would have continued on my personal path to self destruction.  I tell my boys to find a Good Woman and stick to her like glue.   I have.

I have 30 years experience ranging from restaurant management, ( I was personally trained by Ray Danner, Shoney's Incorporated Founder),  Direct Sales Agent/manager/trainer (Dale Carnegie, really did teach in person at one time) :), mostly in the Home Improvements market.  Ranging from your floors n doors, to your windows and AC systems and how they can save you money on energy costs.  You might say I have been Green a long time.

I also believe the 2nd greatest book ever written is "Think and Grow Rich" and 3rd is "Rich Dad, Poor Dad".  Like the "Bible" you should read them over and over again.  You do learn something new everytime you do.

I came online in 1999, and saw the $$$ signs.  They are here and just like in the real world there are things you have to learn, do and know, to get your share.  I have 9 years of learning how, making mistakes, experiences that you are welcome to tap into. 

I hope you accept my invite to  "My Next Thirty Years" of life, as we continue to aspire to greater heights. 

Be FREE 

Jim
http://www.ULearn2Earn.net

It is time to congratulate Jim on his POTW win. Please invite
Jim to join your list of friends if he isn't already on it.

Jim Allen III,

Ana Maria and I are glad to be honoring 
you in this week's POTW forum.
You've been a great asset to our wonderful
community.

Enjoy your week as our 

POTW and King of AdlandPro!Wink

Thank you Adland Friends for supporting 
the POTW Forum

The Person of the Week Team

Peter, Jim and Ana Maria

POTW Awards Team

+0
Chris Agostarola

979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 143rd PERSON OF THE WEEK - POTW - JIM ALLEN III
5/10/2008 6:00:11 AM

Hi Jim,

Congrats!!

Chris

Chris Agostarola LunaWolf's Mystical Essence http://lunawolfsmysticalessence.com/store/affiliate.asp?aff=71 FREE TO JOIN!!! Watkins www.watkinsonline.com rep#380993 to join : http://www.tsginfo.com/index.php?rc=CA4792
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2404 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/10/2008 6:00:40 AM
Bonjour Jim!

Congratulations.

Great bio too.

Now we may find out what you look like with a crown on your head instead of that hat!

Enjoy your week!

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

ps I'm surprised that you haven't already been here!
Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/10/2008 6:06:39 AM

Hi Anamaria,

We got a party on our hands and we'll have to celebrate with our partner, friend & team mate. :)

Hey Jim, I already said my piece a few times already in the past 24 hours but let me just add. This award is well deserved and long overdue. The multiples didn't come out of the woodwork this time and what should be came to be.

Congratulations and enjoy your week as King Jim of AdlandPro. I don't think your hat will mind being replaced by a crown this week. :)

I wish I had your stock of graphics but you'll just have to make do with my blessings and best wishes.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
5/10/2008 6:48:54 AM

CONGRATULATIONS Jim.

I second everything that Peter said.  Especially about the Graphics. LOL

I love you selection of reading material and, as you well know, if people would really understand and apply what Dale Carnegie had to say way back when he penned "How to Win Friends and Influence People", not only would many more people become truly successful but in my view the whole world would be a little nicer place.

Drop by and leave a post on my "How To Win Friends and Influence People" thread in my Friend to Friend for Friends forum when you get the chance.  The more people that "get" what sales and marketing is really (or at least should be) all about the better eh. ;) 

Have a GREAT week as POTW, you truly deserve the honour.

Gunther

ps - Don't forget to VOTE in the "other" POTW contest.  Here's my current entry.

Titled:

Never Mind Pictures, Gimmee My Belly Rub!

;)

Gunther G. - GENGRO Accounting and Business Consulting Services GENerating GROwth for Business and Individuals since 1991
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!