Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
SUNDAY SHOWCASE_Featuring BRANKA BABIC 02/10/08
2/9/2008 7:03:02 PM
Hello Adland'ers, this Sundays Showcase feature is one we all know and love, having introduced to you this amazing woman, she has really grown in her knowledge of the english language, business and her Faith, she has made this showcase easy to make as she did everything herself, pictures, history and of course her Bio and business' i am proud of her very much, without further adue, She hales from Belgrade, BRANKA BABIC;

Belgrade, a city of very tumultuous history, is one of the oldest cities in Europe. Its history lasts full 7,000 years. The area around two great rivers, the Sava and the Danube has been inhabited as early as palaeolithic period. Remains of human bones and skulls of Neanderthals, found in the stone-pit near Leštane, in a cave in Cukarica and near the Bajloni market, date back to the early Stone Age.

HISTORY:

7000 B.C.
First neolithic settlement

end of I century A.D.
The Romans colonize Singidunum

91 A.D.
Singidunum is a Roman military camp of Flavius' IV legion

The Huns destroyed Belgrade

after 450
Singidunum under the rule of the Sarmatians

c. 470
The Eastern Goths expelled the Sarmatians from the town

The Gepidaes conquered Singidunum

The Goths capture the town

According to the peace treaty, the town went to the Byzantine Empire

Byzantine emperor Justinian I renews Singidunum

The Avars conquer and sack the ancient Singidunum

Byzantine Empire regained the town

VII century
The Avars destroyed and burnt down the town

c. 630
The Slavs conquered Singidunum

The Bulgarians take the fortress under control

First written record of the Slavic name "Beograd"

Hungarian army attacked Belgrade

Byzantine Empire conquers Belgrade

after 976
The town is taken by Emperor Samuel

Emperor Basil II destroys Macedonian empire and Belgrade once more went to Byzantine Empire

Belgrade was taken by Byzantine Empire

Hungarian army destroyed Belgrade, but it remained under Byzantine control

After elections and citizens' protests, Serbia was liberated from the dictatorship of Slobodan Miloševic

The outer wall of sanctions against the FR of Yugoslavia was lifted
Serbia got its first democratic government
Slobodan Miloševic was handed over to the Tribunal in The Hague

The Constitutional Charter of the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro was adopted

The Prime Minister of the Government of Serbia Dr Zoran Ðindic was assassinated
Serbia and Montenegro admitted in the Council of Europe

Serbia got its first democratic president

Belgrade is once more the capital of the independent state of Serbia
New Constitution of the Republic of Serbia adopted.

LOGO OF BELGRADE                     FLAG OF BELGRADE

BELGRADE Facade decoration work

BELGRADE  The Despot Gate with a wooden trestle bridge and the Dizdar Tower were built in the 15th c. The Astronomical Observatory is now housed in the Tower, which dominates the northeast side of the Belgrade fortress.

BELGRADE The Saint Sava street. In the background, the bigest orthodox church in the world – church of Saint Sava, 70 m high. The building of the church was started at 1935, after the plan of architects Bogdan Nestorovic and Aleksandar Derocco. After long intermission, the building of the church was continuated at 1985, under supervision of the architect Branko Pesic.

Republic Square with the National Theatre built in 1869.

DEAREST THOMAS, I HOPE IT WOULD BE MORW THAN ENOUGH.

LOVE & HUG & BLESS YOU!!!
B.
WE LOVE YOU BRANKA!

I was born on 2nd of October 1961 in a village about 54 km far from capital of my ex country Yugoslavia, as a first of two daughters.  Now I live at Belgrade, town with 2.000.000 inhabitants, town with so special soul, easy for recognition,  and the capital town of Serbia (Balkan , South-East of Europe)

After finishing Grammar School, I studied Philosophy and after finishing it I started learning to be a professional massage therapist.  When I have discovered massage, a profession that can take all of my too much energy, I thought I was born again.  Now I am for 21 years a very good massage therapist, with a thousands of very ill and handicapped people who are much better after my treatments. 

I am author of "Diasoso Therapy - Manual for Hand Massage", a book and a video-film with the same title.

I am a single parent of  LUKA who is 18 . He is one of Adlander`s newbies, and please, invite him to be your friend .  After our divorce, his father  never asked for him.  That's life.

My present life time "journey" can be described as intensive walk from thorns to stars and back ... Great life lessons, throug different aspects of collective and personal adversity, were enlarged and replaced with some oasis  of peace and joy, just for the short resume of  learned lessons.

When my son was 10 months old, I was imprisoned.I spent 87 days under investigation.  A civil war in my country didn't begin at this moment (the end of October 1990), but political tensions were so strong.  As a hard worker I could say I was rich.  These days a lot of rich people of my nationality were killed.  I had a very, very good luck (!?) and I was only imprisoned.  Incrimination which I was investigated for were ............ so terrible.  I couldn't imagine how should I prove my innocence.  My crying time is seldom .  But this day, 24th of December 1990 , while I have heard that my son already had two teeth, and I might not see him again, I couldn't stop crying.  At 11 PM I have fallen on my prisoner's bed and, for the very first time in my life, I said inside, in my heart: Lord, why did you leave me alone?  After that all my senses were embraced with uncommon peace.  After one more month I was free.  I am sure that this freedom came after my first prayer.  But, I didn't know much about any religion, and I didn't know any of prayers.  So, again as a free person. I felt a strong impulse to discover my spiritual path, MY OWN TRUTH.

Until my 30th year my soul was fed by Classic Germans Philosophy and my favourite Friedrich Nietzsche.  So, religion was so far from me.  Seeking for my spiritual being,  I could perceive  that, in some strange way, I am not alone and that I have to go ahead. I think without my spiritual development I could not survive all what came in front of me.

After prison I received another call from h*ll master: a divorce.  My ex husband and his family hated me and our son.  A great psychics and social torture opened me a door of deeper observation about life.  If I allowed this machine to do with me all what it is programmed to do, I knew, I am lost!

Here in my country we say that the worst Jewish course is "I pray God to give you all what you want and then to take all these from you."  Ho-ho!  My next lesson was right this one.  Divorce was not finished yet when a civil war began.  Luka was 16 months old, and I had only a few pampers and him in my arms when I reached a state of refugee.  Foreign surroundings, no one friend ... Next few war years I had a unique opportunity to see how humans can be strong and smart. I am grateful that  I have experienced : there's no good, nor bad .  All what comes, comes to show us the whole of our capacity.  We may never be asked a questions that we don't have instruments to answer them.  So, I didn't suffer, instead I make decision to retrieve all my generic wisdom. 

My Serbian nationality was demonised and anathematised world wide.  We were under international isolation for years.  Days and days I spent looking for bread or milk or oil, sugar, detergent, together with hundreds around me.  Each time I could make a great fun and make them laugh and start thinking differently.

After all these events, through which I have spent 17 the best years of my life, I can say that I dream about a better world and I'm sure it will come very soon.  Human beings will have no choice. I expect much better days ahead.

I write poetry, novels and essays and some of them were published in my country. I am crazy about musics and dance. I like classics music, Russian Gypsies, old good rock`n`roll and chansons. Very much I enjoy cooking, making wonderful cakes, gardening, knitting; I enjoy all what I do each moment of day.

Here at ALP I found wonderful friends, very positive and inspiring atmosphere and I feel blessed beacuse of it.

Sincerely,

Branka Babic

ALL MY FEATURES:

THIRTY THREE EDITION - WOMAN OF COURAGE

ADLANDPRO`S WEEKLY PARADE OF STARS #51

POTW # 108

TRAVELING TUESDAY`S PROFILE OF THE DAY

J P  AWARD FOR FEBRUARY 2008

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: SUNDAY SHOWCASE_Featuring BRANKA BABIC 02/10/08
2/9/2008 7:13:26 PM

Congratulations dearest Branka,

Wow!  Thomas has done a fantastic job in telling us about Serbia and of course presenting you our dearest little birdie.  Every time I read your bio and the things that you have had to experience, I am inspired to know that I know this great woman of courage!  The one who never gives up!  The one who makes everyone feel their unique specialness.  Without a doubt, you are one to be showcased to the world!  I am so blessed to have you as a dear friend.  Thank you!!!!

May you be blessed with continued happiness and all great things!!!

Special hugs,

Joe

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/9/2008 7:16:45 PM

Thomas as always a wonderful job and extra Kudos for this week's Featured person Branka.

Branks,

I enjoyed reading your BIO and the way you told the story.  I am excited for you and hope you enjoy your Sunday Showcase.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/9/2008 7:23:37 PM
Thank you Jim for the kudos lol, my pleasure. Your welcome and hey enjoy heading up the POTW , you are the Man! :)
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/9/2008 7:26:48 PM
Now that was Nice Joe Downing, brother of Las Crucas! Thank you for your contributing like you did. Kudos as Jim would say lol. Love ya bro! God_bless you :)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!