Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
It's Time To Honor The 108th Person Of The Week (POTW)!!!
8/20/2007 1:55:42 PM

Person of the Week    NUMBER 108!!! Person of the Week

Myspace LayoutsMyspace Layouts

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and Pauline Raina!

It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making thist event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez

POTW forum Partners Pauline Raina and John Sanchez

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member of the   Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

This week we’re honoring a lovely lady from Serbia by the name of Branka Babic. Branka is a person who has had to endure a lot in life but she is stronger and wiser because of it. She’s also a very intelligent and talented individual to top it off. But her greatest asset is her huge heart. Branka is definitely deserving of the Person of the Week award. Congratulations Branka on having won the POTW award!

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket  Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's Branka's Bio:

Dear Friends,

I am so happy and so grateful for such a great honor to be featured as #108 POTW. Thank you very much. I appreciate all contributors that have voted, for me or for other candidates, and call up all to participate each week.

I came at Adland after reading life story of AdlandPro`s founder Bogdan Fiedur. I am not sure how did his story came to my hands, but amazed with it, knowing very well social background mentioned in it, I was just curious about his Community. Came, found wonderful friends, and stay as with real family.

I was born on 2nd of October 1961 in a village about 54 km far from capital of my ex country Yugoslavia, as a first of two daughters.  Now I live at Belgrade, town with 2.000.000 inhabitants, town with so special soul, easy for recognition ... and capital town of Serbia.

My school days began at the age of 7.  I was excellent, gifted in arts, maths, physics and 100% untalented only in geography.  Always I was communicative, altruist and I had a lot of friends. 

Living under communistic governance, from 1945 - 1991 my country benefited a lot taking a position between East Block (Warsaw Pact) and West (NATO).  We could travel world wide, read foreign magazines, listen to music and do all what people in other countries, living under communistic governance, even could dream about.

After finishing Grammar School, I studied Philosophy and after finishing it I started learning to be a professional massage therapist.  When I have discovered massage, a profession that can take all of my too much energy, I thought I was born again.  Now I am for 21 years a very good massage therapist, with a thousands of very ill and handicapped people who are much better after my treatments.  A lot of people describe my massage as miraculous.  For example, a person suffering from consequences following a stroke I can help and in about 10 days and they can move their leg and arm again.  Honestly, all miracles of my massage therapy come only through a great love for this job, my knowledge and from feeling where is a stuck point of energy. So, nothing miraculous.

I have published "Diasoso Therapy - Manual for Hand Massage" and also a video-film with the same title.

I am a single parent of Luka who is near 18.  After our divorce, his father Daroslav never, never asked for him.  That's life.  He was 10 months old when I was imprisoned.  I spent 87 days under investigation.  A civil war in my country didn't begin at this moment (the end of October 1990), but political tensions were so strong.  As a hard worker I could say I was rich.  These days a lot of rich people of my nationality were killed.  I had a very, very good luck (!?) and I was only imprisoned.  Incrimination which I was investigated for were ............ so terrible.  I couldn't imagine how should I prove my innocence.  My crying time is seldom (thank you Terry, you reminded me today !).  But this day, 24th of December 1990 , while I have heard that my son already had two teeth, and I might not see him again, I couldn't stop crying.  At 11 PM I have fallen on my prisoner's bed and, for the very first time in my life, I said inside, in my heart: Lord, why did you leave me alone?  After that all my senses were embraced with uncommon peace.  After one more month I was free.  I am sure that this freedom came after my first prayer.  But, I didn't know much about any religion, and I didn't know any of prayers.  So, again as a free person. I felt a strong impulse to discover my spiritual path, MY OWN TRUTH.

Until my 30th year my soul was fed by Classic Germans Philosophy and my favourite Friedrich Nietzsche.  So, religion was so far from me.  These days only what I could perceive is that, in some strange way, I am not alone. After prison I received another call from h*ll master: a divorce.  My ex husband and his family hated me and our son.  A great psychics and social torture opened me a door of deeper observation about life.  If I allowed this machine to do with me all what it is programmed to do, I knew, I am lost!

Here in my country we say that the worst Juda's course is "I pray God to give you all what you want and then to take all these from you."  Ho-ho!  My next lesson was right this one.  Divorce was not finished yet when a civil war began.  Luka was 16 months and I had only a few pampers and him in my arms when I reached a state of refugee.  Foreign surroundings, no one friend ... Next few war years I had a unique opportunity to see how humans can be strong, smart and that no one feeling is so authentic and marvelous as a positive compassion.  When I say "positive compassion" it's because I miss the right English word to tell how wrong is to be sad about any circumstance.  There's no good, nor bad.  All what comes, comes to show us the whole of our capacity.  We may never be asked a questions that we don't have instruments to answer them.  So, I didn't suffer, instead I make decision to retrieve all my generic wisdom. 

My Serbian nationality was demonised and anathematised world wide.  We were under international isolation for years.  Days and days I spent looking for bread or milk or oil, sugar, detergent, together with hundreds around me.  Each time I could make a great fun and make them laugh and start thinking differently.

In this dirty game of great political actors, all nations in ex Yugoslavia suffered a lot.  Blood, blood, blood ... In Bosnia and Croatia each house owe to neighbor minimal one human head.  That occurred a third time in past century: 1914-1918, 1941-1945 and 1991-1995. For other parts of ex-Yu war finished after Agreement in Dayton, but my country Serbia was privileged to be bombed in 1999.  Sixteen most power army forces came to bomb us, about 10.000.000 inhabitants, for humanitarian reasons. Operation was called "Angel of Mercy".

After all these events, through which I have spent 17 the best years of my life, I can say that I dream about a better world and I'm sure it'll come very soon.  A mankind shouldn't have a choice. 

I write poetry, novels and essays and some of them were published in my country. I am crazy about musics and dance. I like classics music, Russian Gypsies, old good rock`n`roll and chansons. Very much I enjoy cooking, making wonderful cakes, gardening, knitting; I enjoy all what I do each moment of day.

Branka Babic

Wow, what an interesting Bio Branka! This has got to be one of the best we’ve read yet.

Folks, it’s time to congratulation this wonderful lady. Please add her to your friends list if she’s not already on it.

Branka, thank you for all that you bring to AdlandPro with your experiences and gestures of kindness. You’re a lovely human being! Enjoy your POTW week Queen Branka!

Love and Blessings to all of you from,

John Sanchez and Pauline Raina

Folks, if you haven't voted for next week's POTW(number 109) you still can at (Voting ends today so HURRY!):

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/775159.aspx

While you're at it, go vote for the other POTW, that's the Photo of the Week:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/777887.aspx

And please take the time to congratulate Joe Downing our feature for this week's Focus Biz forum:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/781578.aspx

Thank you Folks for your support and participation!

Love ya all!!!  :-)

+0
Chris Agostarola

979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time To Honor The 108th Person Of The Week (POTW)!!!
8/20/2007 1:59:47 PM

Congratulations Branka!

Chris

Chris Agostarola LunaWolf's Mystical Essence http://lunawolfsmysticalessence.com/store/affiliate.asp?aff=71 FREE TO JOIN!!! Watkins www.watkinsonline.com rep#380993 to join : http://www.tsginfo.com/index.php?rc=CA4792
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/20/2007 2:00:07 PM
Thanks John,

To Branka

CONGRATULATIONS  QUEEN BRANKA !!

WOW what a bio !!!!!!!!!!!!

blessings

Pauline R
+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/20/2007 2:09:57 PM

Hi John & Pauline,

Thanks for another worthy winner!

Branka,

Many congratulations on being POTW I am sure you will be kept quite busy this week answering all the messages I know you will receive!

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Victoria Hurst

648 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/20/2007 2:19:54 PM

Congratulations Branka enjoy your week!!!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!