Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rose Enderud

2223 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Art Exhibitions at Adlandpro 9
2/19/2007 3:53:53 AM

Joanne has been an active member of AdlandPro for some time but is better known to you for her network marketing activities.  This week we are bringing you something different.  Joanne has brought us a How To Exhibition.  This way you can make your own versions of the work she shows us, following the instruction from her own Craft Site

Joanne's Work and How to do it yourself

I've been crafting since 2002, and have found it to be a very relaxing and satisfying hobby. I started out doing a lot of small projects such as Christmas ornaments, but I found myself gravitating toward the more complex crafts, such as knitting, crocheting, and sewing.

As you can see by the photos, I've tried a little bit of everything. I love using commonly found items and transforming them into something unusual and interesting.

This Christmas Teddy Bear was made from a rose bowl, along with some polar fleece in tan color, as well as some scraps of rick rack and felt. You can sew the pieces together manually, or if you have a sewing machine, it goes much faster. It makes a great Christmas candy jar. I sold quite a few of those at a Christmas craft fair we had locally.

This potpourri jar is also made from a rose bowl, and all it takes is some fabric, some cotton batting, elastic, a bit of lace, and some ribbon and artificial flowers. Again, this item is created much more quickly with a sewing machine.

This beautiful Poinsettia afghan was created from a free Red Heart pattern (#928-522). I used Hunter green, white and red Red HeartTM Comfort yarn for the project. I had some wool left over after the afghan was finished, so I made a couple of pillows to match (see photo).

I used a free pattern from Knit  Addicted called Bulky Yarn Booties to create the cute slippers shown in the picture. They are knit using two strands of wool, and are very warm and durable. They knit up in very little time, and are extremely easy to make. I also used Red HeartTM Comfort yarn for these.

These socks and mitts are knitted using any basic mitt and sock patterns that you can find anywhere online for free. I like using the four-needle method for knitting the mittens, but there are also two-needle methods that are easier to learn for a beginning knitter. They are great sellers at craft fairs as well, although it is very hard to charge a price that reflects all of the time you put into knitting these items.

In September of last year (2006), I finally decided that it was time to start my own craft site! I had been thinking about it for quite some time, but I also have a few online marketing/webmaster sites as well, and this was already keeping me quite busy. And so Joanne's Crafts was born. I started off with just a few patterns , but was lucky enough that Patons, Bernat and Lily yarns allowed me to add their own free patterns to my site, and it's kind of exploded from there! Besides all the great free patterns, we now have a crafting reciprocal links directory, a great little crafts article directory, as well as crafts newsfeeds. In the future I intend to add a craft store to the site so that I can sell my handmade items.

I hope you'll come and visit us at our site, which features many knitting, crocheting and tatting patterns, as well as a wide range of crafts articles:

Blessings
Joanne

The Arts Exhibitions Team

http://artisticrose.ws/          http://www.alasyciagranada.com        http://vcdesigns.net/
+0
Re: Art Exhibitions at Adlandpro 9
2/19/2007 4:20:13 AM

Good day all:

I really enjoyed seeing this great display of Joanne's artristy.

Thank you.

Joe Buccheri

TGAMM FM Radio

+0
Manuel Davis

261 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/19/2007 5:31:07 AM

Very Nice,

I like the paintings though, they seem more in the line of art...Knitting and the other things here are Crafts and I am not taking any credit from the person whom made them because it takes a level of skill to do this as well, but for me I like drawings and paintings and ceramics the porceline worked items of this nature.

Again, Very nice exhibit, perhaps one day I will ask you to explain 'knit one, pearl two'? LOL

Respectfully,

Manuel D.

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/19/2007 5:44:07 AM
Hi Joanne,

This is the first Exhibition we have had that you enter by "clicking on the socks" lol

This will be fascinating for all those many members who like to knit and crochet.  The instructions on your site are great. 

Love
Jenny

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!