Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Why do people not READ before they post?
1/25/2007 1:08:24 PM

I have changed my forum to moderated posting.

You may ask why? and the answer is simple.

There are far too many members that just fly around forums wild posing their ads.

They do not take  a moment to check if it is appropriate or allowed by the forum owner.

They dont care where they post and place ads in threads where ads do not belong such as the POTW POTY etc. etc. 

I have been very busy the last couple of weeks and when I have had the time to check in  i have had to delete several threads from what i can only refer to as spamvertisers.

There seems to be an increasing lack of respect growing in Adland and I for one will not tollerate it.

+0
Re: Why do people not READ before they post?
1/25/2007 1:55:55 PM

Hi Bill:

Well, in most cases, I would see where this would apply, however, this is as you know:

" ADVERTISING LAND " ...HOME OF THE " PRO "  I.E. ADLANDPRO...

You guessed right ads in sig file acceptable not in the post Bj

To your continued success,

Joe Buccheri

TGAMM FM Radio :)

+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/25/2007 2:11:22 PM

Hi Bill,

I have to agree they really piss me off as well.

So I have a warning in my forums that any post that isn't relevant to the topic or is just a blatant add will get deleted and new threads are treated in the same way as soon as I find them!

That way you don't need to have a moderated forum, why because you get less response because people can't be bothered or don't know how to join a moderated forum or a members only forum, yes even experienced Adlanders heve problems with member only forums!

I love sending sarcastic comments to a poster who hasn't abided by my forum rules, also not many of these fly posters come back again because they know they will get short shrift.

Best Wishes

john.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/25/2007 2:47:02 PM

BJ, YOU ARE RIGHT, PEOPLE WILL POST ANYWHERE. WANTED OR NOT.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/25/2007 2:49:09 PM
Hi Bill, I like your new word, or at least it is new, spamvertizer. We have increased by 10,000 new members in a very short time. I now see over 200 people on line at various key times of the day. With the increase in numbers, we will see increased forum abuse. There will always be the people who came to adlandpro to advertise but did not take moment to find out how and where. Get on as many forums as possible will always be the adjenda for a large percentage of people who actually stay and use the Adlandpro tools. May I suggest that not just deleting the post will do. I know it takes extra time but a message explaining why you have deleted their post post will help them learn. Here is a good place to learn where to advertise and not make enemies by posting in the wrong places: http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/515590.aspx Time consuming yes as is a moderated forum. Rewarding yes, because you have taken the time to help a potential friend.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!