Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Why do people not READ before they post?
2/19/2007 12:37:26 PM

Thank you Bill for bringing this topic.  I agree with you and Mary. I have done what Mary suggested. Somone posted an AD in my forums and it was an advertising topic, and they knew it! When I sent them a deletion notice, I asked them please not to advertise in my humor, romance, inspiration forum but to use a business forum.  They didn't like that at all and gave me a low score in my feedback.

It's too bad people WILL NOT READ like Bill said.  I think more forum owners need to delete posts that are "pure advertising" when it's not appropriate. Maybe if more of us did that - the spamming would slow down.  Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Why do people not READ before they post?
2/19/2007 3:05:12 PM

HI Patricia

If you look at my feed back you will see a couple of blatant ads. I just treat them with the disdaine they deserve and ignore them. I will not compound their action by responding.

I also wish more would take a stronger stand. If they are new then yes delete and explaine why. If they have been here a while and should know better then I am not so easy on them. 

I know many will disagree and I will be shunned by some for my stand but I am not here to win any popularity contest. I am here to try to carry out respectable and ethical business in a respectable and ethical manner. I would rather have just 50 reliable and true friends than 10000  wild cards.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!