Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Why do people not READ before they post?
2/19/2007 1:12:40 AM

Bill,

Thanks for sharing my forum ideas with Dennis.

I think this might give lots of good information for him and any new people.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/558784.aspx

Bill,  I wish you would reconsider helping me with this page.  I know you have some good ideas of what will help people.  Please?

+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/19/2007 3:13:12 AM

Hi Roger,

Yes it is like a breath of fresh air to see someone that does care about doing things correctly and is not afraid to ask for guidance rather than just assume that the many bad examples they see from the members that have been here long enough, and should know better,  are the norm.

+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/19/2007 3:34:37 AM

Hi Mary,

I am sorry but I am working all hours on writing a new site and having to learn to code in PHP and Mysql at the same time. With that and my research for new advertising sources that work my time is very limited right now. 

As soon as the site is ready I have a second site to write but that should be much easier as I am doing a lot of preparation ground work as I develope the current site so it should not take as long.

I project at the moment providing things go well to be completed both projects in about 4 to 6 weeks then I will have more time and can then look at working on the page with you. 

+0
Lisa Lomas

707 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/19/2007 4:23:26 AM
Maybe they think it is a points system?? lol

Not sure hope you clear this one up.

Lisa
Thinking of visiting New Zealand. A must see is Hawkes Bay, Hastings. http://www.hawkesbaymotel.co.nz
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/19/2007 4:46:45 AM

Hi Lisa,

I think that the reports link  that leads to the most active, most, friendly, etc links has a lot to answer for.

Many people do not realise that it is quality that counts not quantity in the number of posts made. 

They also think that the more posts with their signature file in them  the more attention they will get from the search engines. Well the searchengines are smart these days and they can actually figure out  if a post contains unique content or not and it they find it doesent  then they ignore it. Also unique content does not mean changing just a couple of words either.

But my point in this thread is the wild ad posters  the spamvertisers as I like to call them.  They just show me that they have absolutly no manners, and are driven by greed.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!