Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Social Workers knocking on the doors of Home Schoolers----Alert to what is coming
3/10/2008 2:07:57 PM

No Roger, I had never seen this forum as Doris not on my friends list.  I enjoyed the posts from people who the forum for what it is.

She has issues in life to confront and education, protected life, parents that failed her or whatever is not the solution.  There are people who were raised in absolute poverty with no understanding parents and little education but they went on to make something great of themselves.  There are people with the best education, most loving caring parents, and every opportunity imaginable but all they do is whine about how unjust life's circumstances are. I would put Doris in that category.

We make of life what we wish.  Here we are concerned that parents keep their rights to add what ever dimension they wish to add to their child's life.  Some will be bad at homeschooling and some will be great.  I venture to say that those who are not good very soon give up and send their child to someone else as they can't be bothered.

Is Doris' glass half full or half empty.  Is it a rose bush with thorns or a thorny bush with roses.

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Social Workers knocking on the doors of Home Schoolers----Alert to what is coming
3/10/2008 2:18:20 PM

Hi Mary.

This is an absolute travesty.   So many of my Church families home school their children.  While a few of them have PA teaching certificates, there are a number of others who don't.  These kids are smart, well behaved and socially very well liked.  They are tested by the schools every year and come out on top.  Every one of thier SAT scores have been ABOVE the national average!!  One of these children has just been accepted to Oxford - she is one of only 12 students in the world to be accepted into the language program she will be attending.  She was home schooled from K through 12th grade before heading off to College.

I feel so badly about those 160,000 California kids and their families.  You are right, Mary.  As long as the children are performing at or above the State norm, how can the schools feel so threatened. 

I have come to admire and respect the parents who have made such a huge commitment to their children and their educations as to remain home with them and see that they receive an education that is to their liking and still abide by the requirements of the schools.  That depth of commitment in my eyes is above reproach. (umphhhhh - angry)  I truly do not understand how California can justify what they are doing, as in my eyes it is completely taking the rights of the parents away when it comes to making decisions for their children and their education. 

Rebecca, I too thank you for sharing.  I will pray for you, that all will be good for you today and every day in the future. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Mary.  I will be sharing it with the home school families that I know.

Blessings,

Judy

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2008 2:52:46 PM

Mary,

Thanks for taking a look.

My interest was for different reasons as I am always interested in what brings folk to where they are and what makes them think the way they do.

The uk does not have such a tradition of homeschooling in the last 100 years as the UK does but due to the overall fall in moral and standards and the rise of violence more and more people are moving in that direction.

I think that I am right in saying that a national curriculum still has to be followed here but with other freedoms added.

Yes resist direct influence by government for as long as you can but please continue to ensure that homeschooling does not become the excuse for those who are too ignorant to value education.

Roger

+0
Doris Beaulieu

100 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/10/2008 3:00:28 PM

Hello all,

First Mary please do not say I'm whinning about my childhood if you haven't read my book or even checked my site out to read about the person I am. I am a very happy person with a big heart for help elderly people and children. I have volunteered 35 years of my life to it and taken in many. 

Look at the story of Nevada in this forum. No one knows where most of these children are? How many sad stories are yet to come? Do we even know if these children are safe and getting their rights to an education at all. Many of the problems come from Parents screaming we have our rights. How about the rights that the children? They have a right to an education that will allow growth, not only physically, but also mentally. Which is the points of my book" The Torments of the Modest, Secluded Farm Life". ISBN:1-58721-806-2. I for one don't feel sixteen year olds who drop out of school at age 16 because they feel school was nothing but a waste of time can give his children he entend to homeschool thier rights to a proper education. Think about it.

The statement said( if the child is learning above the state norm why is the state threatned) some were found to be beaten to learn to be the winner of the bee's and maybe that shed a light to why they are no longer allowed to take part.

I was shocked that someone who is a good homeschooler to even think, let alone state 160,00 kids and parents to riod. Violence will get you nowheres.

Thank you,

Doris

+0
Brad West

221 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/10/2008 4:51:58 PM
First Doris, Your book!! If the content is as full of one sided misinformation as you are I don't see your whining going anywhere.

Second Doris. If it is as full of helpful information as you say, publish it as an e-book for free to help mankind. As I said I don't see it going any where.

I do see that you are for Big Government, most people with a half of brain can see where that has gotten us, and it is far from good.

{quote by Doris}The statement said( if the child is learning above the state norm why is the state threatned) some were found to be beaten to learn to be the winner of the bee's and maybe that shed a light to why they are no longer allowed to take part.{quote}

Where is the proof in reputable writing that confirms that home school children are beaten into doing better. I personally know allot of people that have made the sacrifices for their children and not one beets their children.

Are you just reliving your childhood and putting everyone under your umbrella?? I'm thinking so!!

This is your answer to why the state and feds are threatened.

Where is this information resource that states children are beaten to learn?

Educate yourself and read a real book

Deliberate Dumbing Down of America by Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt =>
http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/

Here is a real Book and it is FREE for everyone, Because there is info in it to help all mankind.

Start bringing some real facts and proof to the table here, Back up what you say with some Proof!

As I said in the past I have told you this was the wrong subject to be on the side you are with out a ton of information backing you up. Because home school people that have made the commitment and sacrifice, have done the research to back to stand where we do. We know both sides.

It is one thing to have a personal opinion about something and voice it. Because that is what we do, but have solid ground and facts to stand on and back us up.
But for you to accuse me and the good people I know that are making the sacrifices for our children child abusers and beaters. This shoes an ignorance beyond belief.

This is what they are doing to us and soon!! and you are a great part of this.

There over 600 prison camps in the United States, all fully operational and ready to receive prisoners. They are all staffed and even surrounded by full-time guards, but they are all empty. These camps are to be operated by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) should Martial Law need to be implemented in the United States..
http://www
abovetopsecret.com/pages/camps.html

Brad West ~ onomoney

Making Heaps of Money is a Spiritual Experience. The Guild Blog Co-Op Fuzzy Wuzzy Anipals
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!