Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
The Great Controversy Ended...
3/9/2008 9:52:54 AM

Ellen White - 1878

In her book "The Great Controversy" Ellen White describes  what this world will be like in the days to come following the millenium. She certainly has a way with words.  I thought I would share this with you. You may share your thoughts below.

-------------------------

"There, immortal minds will contemplate with never-failing delight the wonders of creative power, the mysteries of redeeming love. There will be no cruel, deceiving foe to tempt to forgetfulness of God. Every faculty will be developed, every capacity increased. The acquirement of knowledge will not weary the mind or exhaust the energies. There the grandest enterprises may be carried forward, the loftiest aspirations reached, the highest ambitions realized; and still there will arise new heights to surmount, new wonders to admire, new truths to comprehend, fresh objects to call forth the powers of mind and soul and body.

All the treasures of the universe will be open to the study of God's redeemed. Unfettered by mortality, they wing their tireless flight to worlds afar--worlds that thrilled with sorrow at the spectacle of human woe and rang with songs of gladness at the tidings of a ransomed soul. With unutterable delight the children of earth enter into the joy and the wisdom of unfallen beings. They share the treasures of knowledge and understanding gained through ages upon ages in contemplation of God's handiwork. With undimmed vision they gaze upon the glory of creation--suns and stars and systems, all in their appointed order circling the throne of Deity.

Upon all things, from the least to the greatest, the Creator's name is written, and in all are the riches of His power displayed. And the years of eternity, as they roll, will bring richer and still more glorious revelations of God and of Christ. As knowledge is progressive, so will love, reverence, and happiness increase. The more men learn of God, the greater will be their admiration of His character. As Jesus opens before them the riches of redemption and the amazing achievements in the great controversy with Satan, the hearts of the ransomed thrill with more fervent devotion, and with more rapturous joy they sweep the harps of gold; and ten thousand times ten thousand and thousands of thousands of voices unite to swell the mighty chorus of praise."

"And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and
unto the Lamb for ever and ever." Revelation 5:13.

"The great controversy is ended. Sin and sinners are no more. The entire universe is clean. One pulse of harmony and gladness beats through the vast creation. From Him who created all, flow life and light and gladness, throughout the realms of illimitable space. From the minutest atom to the greatest world, all things, animate and inanimate, in their unshadowed beauty and perfect joy, declare that God is love."

Great Controvery pgs 677, 678

+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Great Controversy Ended...
3/9/2008 11:22:39 AM

Hey Jim,

Mrs. White sure has a way with words indeed. I have never read her works and am very glad that you shared this with us. I have great joy in knowing that "God is Love".

Thank you!

Joe

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Terry Gill

51 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/9/2008 1:12:59 PM

Hey Jim,

What I found interesting was that while some of her thoughts and statements directly contradict some of christendom's teachings, others support them.  So, which is it?  It can't be both, because the Bible does not contradict itself.

Take, for instance, the very first sentence where she says "There, immortal minds..."  The Bible does not teach immortality for those of us who will inherit the Kingdom as earthly inhabitants.  Only the 144,000 who are going to heaven obtain immortality.  People who will inherit the new paradise earth will still have to maintain their integrity to Jehovah God or else suffer the consequences.  Speaking about that time and place, the Bible says:

Isaiah 65:20, "No more will there come to be a suckling a few days old from that place, neither an old man that does not fulfill his days; for one will die as a mere boy, although a hundred years of age; and as for the sinner, although a hundred years of age he will have evil called down upon him."

Also, before Satan and his demons are finally destroyed, they will be loosed again from the abyss "for a little while" after the 1,000 years in order to test one final time all those who survived Armageddon and walked into the new system, along with all those who are resurrected from the grave (they're not in heaven or a fictitious fiery hell), and the Bible says that countless ones of those will fall at that time.

Rev. 20:1-3, "And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven with the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.  And he seized the dragon, the original serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.  And he hurled him into the abyss and shut [it] and sealed [it] over him, that he might not mislead the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After these things he must be let loose for a little while."

So, as we see, there is no "immortality" for the majority of mankind, only the prospect of living forever on a paradise earth IF they adhere to Jehovah's righteous standards.

Lastly, the most important thing this author wrote was, "Upon all things, from the least to the greatest, the Creator's name is written," yet in her whole article never mentions it!  OUR CREATOR'S HOLY NAME IS JEHOVAH, not G-O-D or L-O-R-D.  Those are titles, not names.  And I've tried and tried to emphasize to your readers, Jim, how the Bible itself, Jehovah God's word, tells us the importance, the paramount importance of using God's holy name, declaring it publicly, praising it, preaching it, proclaiming it.  Yet, as all can see, not only in this author's writings, but in all of christendom and its followers, they refuse to use the holy name.  Jesus did, and we're supposed to imitate him. 

So, the question to your readers is, will they mimic the world belonging to Satan or will they separate themselves from it as the Bible instructs us to do and "get out of her" (Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion), those who dishonor our Loving Creator, Jehovah God, by refusing to use His holy name, those who teach the false doctrines of immortal soul, hellfire, the trinity, among others; those who unwittingly submit to God's adversary, Satan, by being a part of the world and its politics and wars wherein they disobey Jehovah, idolize their country and kill people?

No wonder there's so much wickedness!

Terry

+0
Podo Pierre

293 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/9/2008 3:06:43 PM

Dear James,

Writers of this period, I consider where the most inspired and natural in their deliberation. The pages noted from the Great Controversy, are outstanding and confirm some great acts of Saint John, written in the Revelation. The Kingdom of God is like a spoon full of couscous, which fills the stomach only when a Glass of water is swallowed with it. As we flee from sin , our life becomes united with the true nature of our Living promise, which is Christ. Water represents that Spiritual Inspiration which uplifts humanity from a salutatory to a unified Idol and resemblance with Christ. Our Heaven; is embodied by the good we do to others and the love we show to one another. Death is only acknowledged, when fear overcomes our true sense of Divinity, whereby we become victims of ourselves. The scriptures says' the Last thing to overcome is Death,' and Christ said' Those who believe in me shall never see death' Therefore we must build the bridge between our understanding of Christ in his knowledge of Eternity and our concept of heaven on earth. In reality Christ purpose and objective was to show us how to love God ,who we are to God and what he does for us. He changed us from mere servants by his great works to SONS. Just imagine a poor child from a very remote and poor country , giving an opportunity to live in Europe and adopted by a Rich family. Magnificent. Yes we have a Magnificent God, The magnitude of his love inspires many in this century to write about the times. People may predict , but only Christ has the Keys to the gates of paradise which God has closed from mankind. Because the Christ is always present as Jesus Promised' I am with you alway , even unto the end of the world' , we therefore must consider that in this present day and time; we have the opportunity to experience our true heavenly self, with authority and freedom . Only sin can prevent us from acquiring or benefiting from such experience. The Lord has blessed the world through Christ , and these blessings cannot fade away to wait for a common date to reappear. We therefore most watch and pray that we fall no victim of our illusions and pride , that we may be healed. All I can add to this Great Controversy , is that Love has a healing effect to all Humanity and our appearance becomes more and more Godlike , when we overcome all human beliefs and strive to live a more spiritual life. As the Scriptures say ' Live in the Spirit and thou shall not fulfill the lust of the Flesh. Now is the time, Now is the appointed Day. Pierre Louma

Podo3500
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/9/2008 5:23:49 PM

Hey Joe, thanks for stopping by with your encouraging words. Hope you've had a great weekend! Just so you know, the Great Controversy between Christ and Satan is now available on the internet, for those who may be interested in reading it there.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!