Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WELCOME TO KALEIDOSCOPE
3/2/2008 5:52:22 AM
Hello Jim!

Thank you for joining Kaleidoscope. In this forums we will enjoy cultures events and much more. Look here how my favorites the FC PAOK fans enjoy to support their football our football team.

Jim a am a former football payer. When great teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, Barcelona visit Thessaloníki they get jealous. There are not better fans in Europe.

Happy Sunday
Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/2/2008 6:15:18 AM
Hello Gerri!

Welcome to clepshydra aqnd KALEIDOSCOPE.
Down Under friends are very royal and  loyal. Many of my good friends in this community are from Australia. THere will be a  nice thread on Australia.

Aboriginal Sounds and culture

Happy Sunday
Georgios
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/2/2008 6:32:20 AM
Hello Chris!

Welcome to Kaleidoscope!

Did you say Schubert's Land. Well I can give you some sound now and Germany have to wait.

Hey nice sound from Schubert!

A Waltz with you?
Georgios

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/16/2008 3:06:07 AM
GREEK ORTHODOX EASTER
© Georgios Paraskevopoulos

I decided to post this today because of the date differences of the Easter Celebration between Catholics and Orthodox Christians. This year the difference is 5 weeks. It happens every 4rth year.

The week dated 21-27 of April 2008 is the so called Long Week (Megali Evdomada), the Great Week, which is Easter Week for all Greek Orthodox people. Anyone that has spent this week in Greece will have noticed that it is the most important holiday of the year. This year the Good Friday is on the 25th of April and the Easter Sunday on the 27th of April 2008.

It is traditions to fast before Easter, meaning that we are not allowed to eat various foods such as meat, butter, milk as well as olive oil for the last few days. Then we will go to a priest for confession, and are so allowed to partake in the Holy Communion.

ΑΙΜΑ ΚΑΙ ΥΔΩΡ - BLOOD AND WATER

In Orthodoxy the Easter celebration begins on Good Friday. People go to the churches to see how the priests and monk's take down the icon of Christ off the cross, wrap it in linen and put it in a great casket covered in flowers symbolizing the tomb of Christ. Then the bier is taken through the town or village, with people lamenting the death of Christ.

A scene from "The Passion of the Christ." The film, produced, written and directed by Mel Gibson, depicts the last 12 hours in the life of Jesus Christ.

Click above

Late on Saturday evening everyone goes to church, carrying with them unlit candles. At midnight the priest announces the Resurrection of Christ ("Christos Anesti") and lets the people light their candles of the Holy Flame taken from Christ's nativity cave in Jerusalem. As everybody does this fireworks and crackers go off and the dark night is filled with light from the candles. After this, everybody goes home for a meal - the fast is over. If their candles are still burning, a cross is made in the doorway with the soot, to protect the house for the coming year.

On Easter Sunday friends and family gather in homes, eating lamb on the spit and dyed eggs. Before the red eggs are eaten, however, you must crack them against your neighbours and friends and whoever wins by having a whole egg at the end, will get all the luck.

See under Philoxenia forum Greek Easter

HAPPY EASTER
Georgios
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
KALEIDOSCOPE #4: THE OLYMPIC FLAME GREECE-CHINA
3/23/2008 4:25:47 PM

EART
Kaleidoscope

Bogdan  John   Pauline  Peter     Georgios
AdLandPro Feature
A window To The World
for pleasure, love, and peace.

2008 Olympic Flame
to Burn Bright for China

GREEK SPIRIT AGAIN

ENJOY - SOUNDS FULL  OF OLYMPIC EMOTION

THE OLYMPIC FLAME
LIGHT O SPIRIT, KNOWLEDGE AND LIFE

The Olympic torch will be carried across all five continents, along the ancient "Silk Road" and 135 cities, covering 137,000 kilometers over 130 days, the longest time the flame has ever been carried.

Tomorrow March 24th, 2008
is tje official day to lifth the torch andhand over the Olympic Flame
to the Chines Olympic Gameäs Committee

THE CEREMONY
will of course be hled in ancient
ANCIENT OLYMPIA

Greek priestess successfully lights
first flame in Olympia

2008-03-22 16:59:00   BOCOG 

Greek actress Maria Nafpliotou will act as High Priestess
at the torch lighting ceremony.

The CHRONOS FOREST IS WOUNDED

35000 New trees are planted
but it will take some time to have the
former great environment.

The Olympic torch will be carried across all five continents, along the ancient "Silk Road" and 135 cities, covering 137,000 kilometers over 130 days, the longest time the flame has ever been carried.

WE WILL FOLLOW
the daily reports given by the Olympic Committee on the Olympic Flame Race
and add all news and of course music and highlights from the different towns, regions and countries.

THIS IS THE YEAR OF CHINA

Chinese diabled deaf (and maybe mute) girls and guys performing traditional and national dance My Dream ---- Guanyin (a Bodhisattva

As long as you are kind and there is love in your heart
A thousand hands will naturally come to your aid
As long as you are kind and there is love in your heart
You will reach out with a thousand hands to help other.

Guan Yin is the bodhisattva of compassion, revered by Buddhists as the Goddess of Mercy. Her name is short for Guan Shi Yin. Guan means to observe, watch, or monitor; Shi means the world; Yin means sounds, specifically sounds of those who suffer. Thus, Guan Yin is a compassionate being who watches for, and responds to, the people in the world who cry out for help.

Guan Yin is the bodhisattva of compassion, revered by Buddhists as the Goddess of Mercy. Her name is short for Guan Shi Yin. Guan means to observe, watch, or monitor; Shi means the world; Yin means sounds, specifically sounds of those who suffer. Thus, Guan Yin is a compassionate being who watches for, and responds to, the people in the world who cry out for help.
Bodhi means wisdom or enlightenment; sattva means being or essence. Put the two together and you get bodhisattva, a being who is enlightened and ready to transcend the cycles of birth and death, but chooses to return to the material world in order to help other people reach the same level of enlightenment. This is the ultimate de
monstration of pure compassion.

A PHILOXENIA FEATURE
HAPPY EASTER

PHILOXENIA

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!