Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: I feel this to be ODD!!! the least to say
2/5/2008 10:10:59 PM
The links didnt come up right, you'll need to remove the quotation and bracket at the beginning.  Thats from copying and pasting.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/5/2008 10:39:05 PM
You should be more concerned with the multiple profiles created to cause havoc in our community than this man who is just doing what he sees others doing here. What is really strange is when there is turmoil and controversary that the same profiles appear in the thread to back up the forum owner. If you are observant it is always the same profiles there to cheer on the forum thread owner. So who has gone on a vacation lately? Create a few profiles and see if you can arrange a vacation time! ! ! ! So that explains why I can't be everyone's friend.
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/5/2008 11:11:48 PM

Hello Anamaria,

Thanks for an interesting topic. I tend to agree with Mary this time. This young man is uninformed and is basically wasting his time. Possibly one of the many "newbie helpers" should take him under their wing and explain the way communities like Adland work. At least he has a picture, so many of the other new accounts and they are in the hundreds if not thousands have no pic and no profile info. Double names, no profile info, no about me etc. will not get an invite from me nor will I accept an invite from them.

Mary raised an interesting point. Aside from the lack of info many of these are multiple accounts. Not only do they "support" themselves in their forums they do much worse within the community with the many multiple accounts in their possession. I've even witnessed members that use their wifes account in order to post in forums that are either dead or dying. So imagine what they'll do with multiple accounts.

It is unfortunate that this happens but lately it is becoming an epidemic within the community. It's a shame that the system can't recognize accounts that originate from the same IP address. But it might be that I've only become aware of this epidemic and it's been going for a long time.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/5/2008 11:28:50 PM
Well have to confess, I didn't check out all your evidence. These are all fake profiles. Look at the dates of entry. Must have been an important race of some kind going on here. Sad, they aren't even cleaver! ! !
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/5/2008 11:43:55 PM
Hi Mary,

You got that right. There's no doubt they have an agenda.

Use your teachers imagination.

Shalom,

Peter
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!