Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: POTW NOMINATIONS FORUM
4/29/2008 9:20:34 PM
I see nothing in the criterian about posts.

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member 

of the Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

If you're going to base this on the 350 posts rule then you're going to have to disqualify some people who were elected in the past with less posts than that.

Anthony Hosting for one.

Anthony Hosking
[Anthony Hosking's picture]

Person of the Week
Open Web Page
Total Posts: 230

So what do we do now?

We want to nominate Lee and we feel that she is

very well qualified.

Are we going to change the rules or do we disqualify

everyone who won in the past over the 350 rule that's

not posted clearly?

Rebecca Beasley

DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2008 9:35:53 PM

Hello Thomas,

As stated before previous recipients of the POTW are not eligable to be nominated again.

Personally, I was unaware that Lee wasn't carrying the POTW Award recipients tag on his profile.  However, I will do my best to have this corrected.

Now to the next issue, Ms. Lee Smith, is a friend of mine as well.  I would like to see her as a nominee as well, and I am sure that she will be one in the not too distamt future.

As you WELL KNOW the POTW Award was created to honor our community members that active within the community.  One sure way is to have an active forum, you yourself know this is a Great Way to get your posts count up. You show that with your forums, even though I disagree with a moderated forum, but that is a perrogative we all have.  But ain't it a grand way to be sure that your Posts counts are high?  You are Grand Pubar of that aren't ya?

Thanks for your participation and your community involvement, especially your support of the POTW Awards.

Respectfully,

POTW Awards Team Member,

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
4/29/2008 9:48:27 PM
Hi Becky

Thank You Becky for Pionting Out For us .

So If the Rules are 350 post to be placed on the POTW Voting List

Looks like they can be dismissed  as easly as My Hive account Post Nomination for Lee.

Idenitity

Dennis Clairmont
+0
4/29/2008 9:56:04 PM
I agree Dennis.

If Lee is disaualified from nominations then so will a lot of other people be
who didn't have 350 posts. Besides where does it say that? I see nothing anywhere in the nominations forum that states that to be considered active your post count has to be 350.

Anyone can have a high post count but I would be more likely to count relevant posts than to count just anything that anyone posts. Too many people are posting nothing...Hello I agree
or Yes that's right

And getting their post count up.

Is this fair to those of us who have written articles and given good advice
or posted relevant and quality content here?

DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2008 10:30:32 PM

Hello Becky,

Here we are once again on opposite sides of a discussion.  And I whole heartedly agree we made a mistake and let Anthony, slide by the criteria. 

Once we had posted that particular weeks line up, we realized our fubar.  Rather than pull it and remove him from the lineup we decided to let the chips fall where they may.  And one of your valued Hive Team became a POTW Award recipient.

At the time Anthony, was quite active within ALP, the Hive Team and if I am not mistaken it was about that time his brother became ill.  We took all that into consideration.

However if you think it is best to have Anthony (aka. Jon Adams), disqualified and his POTW Award rescinded.

Then I am sure, Peter, AnaMaria and myself will be happy to poll the community at large and pose your suggested scenario to our fabulous ALP members and abide by the outcome, are you?

The criteria we are using, is the one used by John and Pauline in the past.  as you remember the first time you nominated Beef Sloan, he was disqualified by John and Pauline, for lack of participation in the community, with his number of posts at the time the disqualifier.

We are not perfect like yourself, so we shall make a mistake every now and again.  But we are also willing to admit our mistakes and ask for forgiveness, when we have made them. 

You know me, Becky.  I have no problem admitting my mistake in judgement and that even upsets folks at times too.  Didn't it? 

You also know that I have no problem speaking my mind, play by the rules and only have one ID within this community.  You get me 100% nothing fake about me at all.

We will be making the criteria simpler to find, understand, explicit and reasonable.

We will post the POTW Awards Nominee criteria in the very near future, so we may avoid these challenges in the future.

Thanks you for your input.

Respectfully,

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!