Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Second Coming of Christ and the Millenium...Part II
1/29/2008 7:46:03 PM

Bless you Thomas, and thank you for your friendship, and your understanding of God's Word!

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/29/2008 9:03:23 PM

Hi Jim,

Forgive me for staying away so long.  I came back earlier, but there was so much anger in an early post here that I was taken aback.  Judging others or their beliefs does not play a role in my life at all.  God is the one and only judge and I don't beleive that we have a right to do any of that.  I still cringe when I

Let me set your mind at ease, Jim.  I am touched by all of your forums.  I am somewhat silent as I am still learning, but your forums are very informative and I take something wonderful from every one of them.  Perhaps I oversimplify as a result of being somewhat of a "newbe" to the Bible. 

I know that Christ will return.  What is still a bit fuzzy to me is the exact circumstance that will accompany that return and when it will be.  I try to live every day thinking that today is the day that He will return.

I love what you posted to Laila.  Nature, the sun the moon and stars,new babies, flowers, rain, snow and the clouds all of it, are my closest links to God and His overwhelming greatness.  I built BirdEssentials.com for that reason and no other.  The birds are just a favorite, but squirrels make me laugh, and summer, winter spring and fall, I spend as much time with nature as I can muster.   I do my best praying and thinking when I am involved with His marvelous creations. 

I thank you for your forums, for the hard work you put into putting them together and for every little thing I take from them.  My only regret is that I am such a slow learner and that I don't have near the time to spend in them as I would like!

Blessings,

Judy

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/29/2008 10:59:37 PM

Judy, I thank you for your encouraging words. You are always so positive, and I admire that about you. So what if it takes a while to soak it all in. No one said there was a time frame!!! Take it at your own speed. The Lord knows what's in your heart. Bless you my friend, and have a great week!

+0
Terry Gill

51 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/30/2008 12:49:43 AM

James,

Who do you think wants to mislead people from the truth?  Of course there's various websites stating that Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult.  What do you expect from the ruler of this world?  Satan doesn't want you to know the truth!  Why do you think there's thousands of religions claiming to be Christian when originally there was only one?  This is Satan's doings.  He tried to kill off all the original Christians using the Romans and others, but when he realized that God would never permit this to happen, he very cleverly devised a plan to divide them from within, which Jesus said would happen after he was gone.  And each time Satan influenced a group of men to adopt slightly different beliefs and split off and form their own religion, Satan slowly but surely lead them farther and farther from the truth.  And look at how many there are today.  Satan did a good job at misleading people, didn't he?

These websites are apostate websites and their words and teachings are apostasy!  Of course Satan is going to oppose Jehovah God's true followers.  It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.  I myself thought Jehovah's Witnesses were a cult for over 50 years of my life, just as my mother did her whole life and her mother before her.  Why?  Because that's what we were taught by Satan's seed, the false religions of christendom.  The religions of christendom have always persecuted Jehovah's Witnesses and still do today, as you have now witnessed firsthand.  JWs are still banned in some countries, and severely persecuted in many others.  Take France, for example, which most people think to be a nice, friendly country.  The government so persecutes JWs that they levied a 60% tax on the voluntary money contributions made in the congregations.  60%!  Do they do this to Catholics or Protestants or any other religion?  No!  I could give you many other examples of even harsher treatment, even murder and imprisonment simply for their beliefs.

James, the Bible states there is only one truth, and therefore, by definition, the one true religion must oppose all others.  I mean, come on, can't you understand that when there's over 10,000 different religions in the U.S. alone claiming to be Christian, and they teach different doctrines, that Satan is behind this?  How many websites do you see condemning the religions of christendom?  NONE!  Why?  Because they are already part of Satan's seed.  He has them firmly in his grasp.  There's no need for Satan to condemn them.  They condemn themselves in Jehovah's eyes by their unscriptural teachings like immortal soul, instant reward at death, hellfire, the trinity, and by their unclean Babylonish customs and rituals. 

James, if I have misinterpreted anything you have said, then I also apologize.  I know for a fact, though, that I never did and never would say that Jesus was a liar and a thief, as you said I did.  Jesus is my Exemplar!  I love him and what he did for me.  You also said that I said I don't believe in Christ or the Holy Spirit, and that was also not true. 

James, not only I, but Jehovah God will hold it against you for propagating or furthering these lies by apostates on their websites.  I don't think you really know what you are doing, but you are unknowingly doing the works of the Devil by posting their apostasy here in your forum.  You shouldn't freely post things like this when you admit "What is said here, are not my words, so don't hold it against me."  You have a responsibility to Jehovah God and to your readers to publish truth about His organization, and you have not lived up to that responsibility.

Think about this.  These very ones on this apostate website also refuse to use God's holy name.  That alone should tell you something about their heart condition and motives.  I can pick out many untruths in the paragraphs you copied and pasted herein.  One thing they say, that JWs don't hold to othodox Christian positions on those subjects cited, that part is very true, because those positions are not what the Bible really teaches. 

Because you get upset at my posts being so long, I won't continue except to say that if anyone wants to know the truth about what Jehovah's Witnesses teach, I challenge them to find out for themselves if we teach strictly what the Bible teaches.  It's easy enough to request a free, no obligation, in-home Bible study, and if you're really interested in the accurate knowledge of truth, you'll take the time to do so.  However, I know that the majority of people will not do this, for just as Paul wrote: "There will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; and they will turn their ears away from the truth." (2 Timothy 4:3, 4)

Thomas, I won't even dignify your post with a reply, except to say I will pray that you ask for Jehovah's help in making Satan flee from your heart!

Terry

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/30/2008 8:14:03 AM

Terry, apology accepted. I cannot rebut right now. Have a good day!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!