Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WOMEN OF COURAGE - FOURTH EDITION
1/22/2008 9:24:48 AM
Dear Luella, Team mates and friends!

Thank you for this article. Coretta Scott King is known and famous outside USA.
Thank you for sharing all this information. I would also use this occasion to thank Sara, Phil Black, Joyce and Michael Caron for the additional information and their support.

Coretta is known in Europe from the early 60-ies for her fight for human rights.
I was a young teenager when I for firts time heard abour Coretta Soctt King.
She is one of the most deserving women. Her global contribution is unvaluable. In many countries she was an idol for human rights. Of course the whole family made all what had to be done to help friends, people and whole communities to ecourage them to be active for equal rights.

I have seen some pictures during the years from early 70-ies to 2006 where she is together with some of the USA presidents. I can only say one thing here. Her spirit is above many of her visitors (the Presidents). She is recognized by all the human rights organizations, but those presidents gave her only empty words.

Still today there are no equal human rights. THis fight to overcome is still going on. The situation is better today but there is much more to do.

Remember 39 families own 78 % of the global sorces. POOR AFRICA there is still much to of and many more people will die to have a better world.

CONGRATULATIONS
for this good work
Your choise was excellent

CORETTA SCOTT KING
is a most deserving
WOMAN of COURAGE

CORETTA SCOTT KING
will always be remembered

Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 9:29:24 AM
Mike, Sara and Geketa-isn't it funny that those things that you saw-I only saw on television! New Orleans was a very progressive place a couple of centuries ago-then got stuck it seems- but I never rode on the back of any bus until I got in high school and then it was a "teenage" thing. We went back there because we could be noisy and not get in trouble! Many of my contemporaries know about the fountains-I don't remember seeing one. Separate but equal was the rule of the day-so they had to have been there. The more I try to put my own life into the context of the times-the more I see that parents have the power to shape the lives of their childrens' day-to-day. Yolanda the oldest died last year,the youngest daughter is a minister, the youngest son is a documentary film maker and the oldest son is a business man - they had a baby girl. And also Sara, Mr. Wallace did redeem himself before he died.
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 9:34:20 AM

Hello Nan!

Thank you for dropping by!

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 10:02:23 AM

Mike,

Thank you for your honest and most realistic post.  Unfortunately, we are brainwashed from the minute we enter this life for the good of... for the good of.... Well, certainly not the common man.  Even in affluent and peaceful times, we are controlled by the information we are given.  Yet those who discover the truth and stand up for what is right, have always paid the price. 

Silence and obedience to an evil and corrupt system was not an option for Rev. Martin Luther King, nor for his wife.  Freedom comes with a price.  Let us not just read about the courage and love that these heroes had, but let's emulate them.  In a world where true love and respect abide, so will peace.  Don't let their dream die.

Hugs,

Luella 

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 10:04:14 AM

Thank you Gaby for stopping by to honor Mrs. King!

Hugs,

Luella

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!