Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WOMEN OF COURAGE - FOURTH EDITION
1/22/2008 9:02:19 AM

Thank you Carla!

Hugs!

Luella

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 9:02:39 AM
Hi Luella,

What a great women to honor . I lived in Georgia during most of the sixties and remember it was still very much segregated although the desegregation had already been put into effect. Georgia lagged behind in the busing and the stores and restaurants still had separate seating, bathrooms,schools,churches and everything else.

The school I attended had only one family of blacks and the girl who was in most of my classes was treated horribly, her older brother played football but had to shower in a separate locker room. This was in the 60's.

I remember listening to Dr. Kings speeches and taking to heart his message of peace.

Thank you for honoring this wonderful women she is more than deserving ..

Blessings and Peace to all

Geketa
Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 9:15:23 AM

Oh Phil!  You have done it again.  Another superb post.  Thank you for a most wonderful history lesson depicting the true heroism of this magnificent lady.  Anyone reading your post will be deeply impacted by your words.

And I thank you for pointing out that Coretta Scott King fought for humanity.  We all owe her a debt of gratitude.  

I glean from your posts my dear friend.  I now use the quote by Mary Anne Radmacher quite often. And if you don't mind, I have just saved these most wonderful graphics.  I believe I will use this very same graphic of Coretta Scott King in my tribute to her next year.  Her face shows such beauty and such love.  Almost as if saying, my job here on earth is done.  Please don't let it be in vain.  

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 9:19:49 AM

Hello Barbara!

Coretta Scott King always retained her beauty.  Maybe it was that light that shone from within.

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 9:22:05 AM

Hi Judy!

One could not let this day go by without also honoring Coretta Scott King.  She was most certainly in the trenches with him.

Hugs,

Luella

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!