Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WOMEN OF COURAGE - FOURTH EDITION
1/22/2008 7:59:11 AM

Roger, my friend!  I forgot about the Martin Luther King Memorial Day here in the States and that, of course, Coretta Scott King, would have to be my Woman of Courage.  Therefore, Anita Roddick will be featured one week later on February 2nd.

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 8:01:17 AM

Hello Mary!

Thank you for dropping in to honor Coretta Scott King!

Hugs!

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 8:43:00 AM

Oh my heavens Sara!  No, don't apologize!  This is a most beautiful, touching post and it has touched my heart.  I am sitting here crying reading your beautiful words.  You have brought a most awesome personal touch to history.  You see, it's not just a story anymore.  You were a part of it in Montgomery Alabama!

There are no accidents.  Everything happens for a reason.  I say this because when I scheduled my panic and anxiety show for what I thought was last Saturday, upon calling in to do the radio show I discovered there was no show scheduled to air.  LOL  Inadvertently, I had scheduled it for Monday when I usually do my Women of Courage shows.  Well.... I tried to fix it and make it for later that Saturday, then maybe Sunday, but everything was going wrong.  Then I thought.... This happened for a reason.  Leave it.  So I did my panic/anxiety show yesterday and moved my Woman of Courage Show to Wednesday at 4:00 pm EST.  Well... yes, it happened for a reason because as I gather material and talk to people, this may be the greatest Woman of Courage Show to date.  Are you free tomorrow, Wednesday, January 23rd, at 4:00 pm EST?  Oh! I would just love it if you could call in and share your personal experiences.  It would give my listeners, many of whom are quite young, such a perspective as to what Martin Luther King and Coretta Scott King were really all about.  About what life was really like from a very personal perspective.

And.... I am going to have a most fabulous co-host!  You... Actually, everyone will love her!  She too was in the middle of the civil rights movement and will tell stories of what it was like to be there.

Me?  Well, at the time I was a yankee living in New York that was just aware of what I saw in the news.

Sara.... If you can.... join us tomorrow at 4:00 pm EST

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Luellas-Corner

Call-in Number: (347) 205-9063

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 8:47:49 AM

Sharon!  How wonderful to see you!

Thank you for dropping in to honor Mrs. King.  There could be no other Woman of Courage this week.  

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 9:00:25 AM

Oh Joyce!  This is what it is really all about.  Those beautiful memories that we can recount to younger generations again and again.  Imagine, while undergoing such heartbreak her main concern was comforting her children.

That little grandbaby!  Can you imagine the stories he/she will grow up with.  To know that his grandad was such a hero!

Hugs,

Luella 

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!