Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What does Christmas mean to you and Les Enfants Oublies?
12/23/2007 10:20:47 AM
Thank you for coming back Phil.

Your log cabin picture is very cosy and warming.

Glad you appreciated the story.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/23/2007 10:44:03 AM
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/ausvitality/Xmas/RED%2DBE%7E11.GIF

Dear Sarah,

Let the Spirit of Love gently fill our hearts and homes.

In this loveliest of seasons may you find many reasons for happiness.

May peace, love and prosperity follow you always.

Warm Wishes, Gerri

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/ausvitality/Xmas/%2D%20New%20Folder/XMASDO%7E14.JPG

"When the song of the angels is stilled,

when the star in the sky is gone,

when the kings and princes are home,

when the shepherds are back with the flocks,

then the work of Christmas begins:

to find the lost,

to heal those broken in spirit,

to feed the hungry,

to release the oppressed,

to rebuild the nations,

to bring peace among all peoples,

to make a little music with the heart…

And to radiate the Light of Christ,

every day, in every way, in all that we do and in all that we say.

Then the work of Christmas begins.

~Howard Thurman, adapted~

Thank you Gerri for these lovely wishes. I posted them here for everyone to share.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah
Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/23/2007 11:02:27 AM
Hello Sarah :-)

This is such a wonderful thread! I very much loved the posts here!
I would add my last post in one of my threads which so well fits here! Sorry for I couldn't add some music of our own?! I didn't find any (yet) in midi form :-(

May the meaning of Christmas be deeper,
It's friendships stronger,
And it's hopes brighter

As it comes to you this year!
May the season's simple joys
Warm your heart...
Fill your home...
Last a lifetime

May the light of our Savior's love be
with you at Christmas and always...
and all the happiness you could wish for.

Written By: Author Unknown

Warmest Christmas Wishes...

With friendship,

Anamaria

+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/23/2007 1:11:41 PM
Dear Ana Maria,

This is so beautiful.

This has warmed my heart (and brought a tear to my eye).

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

+0
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/23/2007 3:34:14 PM

Hello Sarah,

Your forum is interesting, and I would like to give you a spot as to the question about Christmas.

The story is a true one and occurred just a few years back in France, to a young girl named Hélène.

Hélène was (is) the elder daughter of a very Catholic abiding family, but with her friends at school she was always hearing about well doing foreign cultures and religions, she was always being told that all Gods were basically one, it was merely a language or a name that differentiated who God in essence was. It just so happened she was Catholic, but all have an equal right to salvation (if one believes in that!) disregardent of our beliefs, as long as we respect the beliefs of all. In fact, religion is in essence precisely the cause of so many wars in history: (the crusades) the elimination of great civilisations (South America) and the burning of people (Inquisition) and name it all. The fact is that we all have our own beliefs and what today needs to be promoted, is tolerance and all are to be considered Holy. Hélène soon accepted religious freedom, and later on stepped into religious disregard and indifference. She was living her own life and definitely affranchised from all that had any connotation of her education and past.

Christmas was coming, and of course, Hélène had no intention of going to Mass with her family. She laughed at the silliness of these Christmas preparations and she simply went to bed and slept. That night she had a dream that changed the course of her life, she even wrote the story thereof later on.

She dreamed that she went into the grange where the child Our Lord Jesus was born, and stood there between the three kings on one side and the shepherds on the other. All were giving their presents to the most beautiful child she had ever set her eyes upon. Soon she felt extreme embarrassment for not having anything herself to offer as present and was about to run out to find something when the child called her and asked where she was off to. “I’ll be back in a moment.” Said Hélène. The child told her to stay, and asked what she had on her shoulders that seemed to way her so heavily. “Oh, that’s nothing, just personal things”. “Give them to me” ordered the child to Hélène’s horror. “Oh! No, they are bad and horrid things. I cannot give them to you!.” “But do you not know that I have come to the world very precisely to take these burdens from you?” Hélène walked forwards and gave the burden to the child, and started to cry, that cry of relief and joy that drained her from her passed life. She had understood that Christmas was not what she had despised so much in that it, not only had simply become a commercial brawl but, accepted that this Child is indeed the one and only Redeemer.

Wishing you a merry Christmas,

Kind and best regards to you all,

Robert.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!