Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: MARIJUANA....GOOD....EVIL.... MEDICINE....CASH CROP....YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE
1/4/2008 9:43:18 AM

More on Hemp

BUD D Hall http://Insidersecretsnow.com "We were Born with Wings to Fly Why Prefer to Crawl" the invisibles
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/4/2008 5:00:53 PM

Wow,

what a crop. What a potential.

Dont get me wrong folks.

I am not for making weed illegal but I would like to take away the romantic image that is passed around. Alchohol has reach a position among young people in the uk where it is now considered a human right and a necessity and a staggering 70% of their income is going on drink and soft drugs.

If I am wrong about effects ok, but please, lets not glorify it.

Let's educate our young people about the power of the human mind and our potential and how we can use our spare time positively instead of in states of oblivion.

Roger

+0
Valerie Clavin

4235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/4/2008 6:16:21 PM

I don't think legalizing Marijuana is the thing to do anymore than getting rid of the need for prescriptions to gain legitimate use for medicine. My ex husband did/does smoke Marijuana and it did/does affect his thinking. Slows reflexes like drinking and affects his view of reality while high - everything is funny or sad. 

As long as we allow chemicals to aid us in controlling our lives, they will control us. THe more we learn about ourselves and realize the power our conscious mind has , the better we can pull in the reins of our subconscious.

To a Better life!

Blessings

Valerie Clavin

hugs=priceless

+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/4/2008 10:10:45 PM
Thought I was done posting on this topic however there is a misconception that needs to be posted.

The Hemp grown for bio fuels, paper products and other uses of the fiber is NOT loaded with THC.

There was a tobacco diversification program done in a few states and the province of ontario where a few thousand acreas of hemp were grown.

The fields were monitored and tested to make sure they were not the variety grown for street sales to "tokers."

The few hippy type "pot" farmers who grew in the same areas as the monitored farms ended up with cross polination and the bud they grew to smoke was of less quality.

Thus - some of the arguments in this thread "for" the legalization of pot are NOT correct.

Hope this info helps this thread out.

Neil

ps - in reply to Valerie Calvins comment - My personal experience both in the past smoking pot plus being around those who do - I do not believe it actually impairs thinking - but it DOES make one lazy and thus they may "choose" not to think.

However it has been proven to impair short term memory... but thaqt too is a reslut of being to lazy to bother to focus... again CHOICE does fit in here. Mind power can overcome the lazy aspect and for those who choose to remain in control, "can"..

Also I know of one chap, who to this day, smokes while working as an electician... doing very detailed and sometimes dangerous work.... his reflexes are not at all impaired with his daily (all day) habbit.

LOL - Jim Allen - if it is legalized and becomes a cash crop - with all the government crap and regulations around the tobacco growers - you would have to grow 1000 acreas of the stuff to earn what some now make in thier back yard...LOL - If you are going to farm it my friend, you best do it now... LOL

Love Light and Laughter

Neil
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/4/2008 11:04:42 PM

Hey Neil,

I agree if they were to legalize the profitability would be gone from the plant but then you could grow your own without fear.

However if there were to be a movement to Legalize Hemp then yes there is a Big Cash crop waiting in the wings.  In more ways than one.  Clothes, paper goods, cooking oils and now fuel for the car all from a crop that has no other economic constraints on it.  What a Industrial Boom that would cause.

It really makes sense on all fronts.  It is a real shame that a program of lies and misdirection has clouded this issue for so long.  But the facts, they are coming out.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!