Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
MARIJUANA....GOOD....EVIL.... MEDICINE....CASH CROP....YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE
12/11/2007 11:58:45 PM

Photo of Marijuana Plants Photo of Marijuana PlantsPhoto of Marijuana Leaves
Cannabis Forum

WILL 2008 BE THE YEAR IT IS MADE LEGAL ?

Live farmers chat room

+0
Trina Sonnenberg

784 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: MARIJUANA....GOOD....EVIL.... MEDICINE....CASH CROP....YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE
12/12/2007 8:25:05 AM
It should be legalized. Alcohol is legal, and it kills people. I've never heard of anyone wrecking a car, or overdosing by smoking pot. And then there are the benefits that it provides to terminally ill people, and so on. If the government would legalize it, they could tax it, and we might be able to get out of the financial nightmare the Bush administration has plunged us into.
Trina L.C. Sonnenberg Freelance Commercial Writer TLC Promotions & The Trii-Zine Ezine ISSN 1555-2276 http://www.tlcpromotions.net http://trii-zine.com http://FAA.tlcpromotions.net
+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/12/2007 8:52:23 AM
Joe

Wow - what a contraversal subject.

I have to agree with Trina. I personally do not condone nor condemn pot smokers.

Drug rehabilitation programs are 95% filled with people addicted to pharmaceuticals they either buy legally or illegally. The other 5% are there for alcohol...... albeit many smoke pot as well. However there are NONE there for smoking pot alone, and no other addiction can say that!

Pharmaceuticals have lists a mile long of their side effects...... the negative side effects of pot have been proven to be loss of short term memory and long term heavy use can cause depression (to those who try quiting after long term heavy use).

Pot's biggest negative side effect is many users become lazy and complacent.

That being said - I doubt they would legalize it and try taxing it. It is far to easy to grow, indoors and outdoors. Governments don't do anything they can not control.

To legalize pot and come down hard on pharmaceuticals would be the solution, but governments look for votes not solutions.

My two cents.

Love Light and Laughter

Neil
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/12/2007 4:18:58 PM

Oh Goodness,

I really don't have the time to voice all of my concerns.

I live in the UK where the situation is similar in terms of legality.

ON A WEEKLY BASIS I deal with the casualities. Casulties who started off smoking the odd spliff and end up on my hypnotherapy list having found that they are no longer in control.

If I visit my local city centre ward at the local city mental health hospital there is a huge proportion of patients who have a marijuana problem. There are, I'm convinced, long-term mind altering qualities about this so called soft drug.

It can be argued that many of those who end up in need of mental health support by drug misuse would have ended up there in the first case, and this MIGHT be true, but it's no excuse.

No, I'm sorry. legalisation is not the route. Education is.

WHY MUST SO MANY FEEL that to enjoy OR endure life requires the use of substances.Lets teach people that they are only using a fraction of their power and skill anyway so why do we need to dumb down.

The UK is suffering a huge binge drinking problem, particularly at weekends, and this is frequently supplemented with soft drug use as a socially acceptable (within their circle)  thing . I get constant requests to help them cut down on their drink and grass use towhich I have to say is "I can help you to stop, but cut down? No.  Once a person has passed their self imposed lower level of consumption their ability to reason flies out of the windw and they are back to their old ways.

There are many things which are understandable and natural and should be accepted. In so many areas of minority interests we risk promoting instead of accepting and allowing, and this is where the danger is.

If I ask parents who are users at what age they would offer it to their children they can rarely answer as they are clearly uncomfortable with the question.

Lets just get real. When we USE any substance to gain an effect then we have to accept that WE might be the one who can't control it. If that's the case then I will always suport without saying "I told you so" but I have to help convince that person that they are not bad but that they have a problem that they instigated and that they need to set their own agenda and not follow one set by their peers.

I could go on. I AM LIBERAL but also realistic and know enough to say that if you put your hand in the fire you'll get burned. Lets just start to teach by example.

We are magnificent and don't often realise it.

Let's teach our kids that they can have and achieve what they want if they want it.

PLEASE BE THE YOU THAT GOD INTENDED.

Roger

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/12/2007 5:17:42 PM

Hi Trina,

I found this: http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20051201/marijuana-raises-risk-of-fatal-car-crash

Actually, Bill Clinton signed NAFTA which led to the draining of a huge number of American jobs.  Anyone who really wants to get an American job back AND smoke pot, and get away from Bush could just move to Mexico.

President Bush has accomplished a lot of good things, he himself quit drinking a long time ago. 

There's also the highest amount of black home-ownership under the Bush administration than under any other presidency.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!