Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: I do not usually react - But I am Outraged at this!!!! ... Gillian Gibbons
11/30/2007 9:59:05 PM

Hello Joe ...

Do you know what really frightens me in all this? ... That the children not only remember but that it separates their children from ours and creates less understanding instead of more.  I am afraid that future generations will find a wedge between them instead of compassion and living side by side as human beings.

This event ... as with many others ... is being used as an excuse to lash out racism from all sides... and this pains me ... I have been seeing the most horrific posts all day on yahoo news ... people just lashing out at others ... This isn't the solution ... but is there really a solution? Resentment is the mother of all lashing outs and there is so much on all sides.

Understanding and willingness to understand is the key to peaceful living ... My fear is things can only get worse instead of better ... Children are children but they rely on grown ups for guidance ...

Just my 2 cents worth ...
Namaste my friend

V.

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/30/2007 10:04:33 PM

Hello Robert

I am not going to contradict you because I haven't had enough chance to research this subject matter further ... but I think you will find that the teddy bear was invented a long while before 1902 ...

Curiously I spoke to an Islamic friend about it today ... and his reasoning was that it is because it is an insult to give an "Object" the name of the prophet ... My reply of course was the same one I posted here ...

Children give loving names to loving objects ... Gillian Gibbons probably thought she was respecting their wishes and honouring the children's faith.  Perhaps the parents should be arrested then for not allowing their children to be children.  Is there a law against that as well?

It's all absurd!!!!  But absurd for absurd ... why not?

Rest assured that I will research the Teddy bear info you sent me ... It would be interesting to see how it ties in ...

Thank you for making me think
Take care

V.

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/30/2007 10:12:55 PM

Hello Robert again ...

I was there between 98 and 2001 ... I have studied the Qur'An and have many Muslim friends ... Not all Islamic people have the same feelings towards the west.  They do defend their religion with zealous passion ... and why not if that is their way of life?  It is only right that people who claim to be religious adhere to their faith ... BUT ....

This is not a religious issue ... just as you said ... because there is nowhere in the Holy Kur'An that says a child may not call an object they love with the name of the great Prophet.  I cahllenge anyone to bring it to me ... or post it here ...

This has ... as you said ... become an excuse to unleash the resentment and hatred between cultures ... and not just on one side ... but this woman is being used as an excuse ...

She cannot be held responsible for the issues and differences held  between countries and cultures ... and to march in the street for her death is completely off the wall .... I mean they even wanted to accuse her of provoking hatred? ... Give me a break ... if there is no hatred in the first place ... then it cannot be provoked ...

I am still outraged ...

My very best wishes to you too my friend

V.

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/30/2007 10:20:47 PM

Hello Sarah

Thank you and I agree with you ... What harm is there in a child calling a loving item with a name they love ...

Symbolism is a very powerful tool ... One which here is being used as a political excuse disguised as a difference in religious views.

This is not a religious issue.  Not by far.

I agree with you, all we can do is pray for this woman to get home safely ... but ... there has to be more we can do to educate people to live side by side in the compassionate loving and understanding that all religions and spiritual practices profess to preach.

It seems that any excuse is good to make the gap wider and the wounds deeper .... on all sides.

Angel cuddles right back at you

V.

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/30/2007 10:26:53 PM

Hello my dear Jerilyn

It is wrong, it is shameful, it is absurd, it is outrageous and it is extremely sad!!!

I am always hopeful that tomorrow will bring brightness, light and love ... as Ghandi said:

We must be the change that we wish to see in the world

Take care hun

V.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!