Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: I do not usually react - But I am Outraged at this!!!! ... Gillian Gibbons
11/30/2007 9:31:10 AM
Venerina,

Yes it is absurd!  As Joyce pointed out, the children themselves chose the name for the teddy bear... the toy... something they loved.  Now, I do not understand their school system nor their laws, but how could any educated judicial official not "hear" that the children were defending the teacher by admitting that they chose the name.  That is absurd!

The interesting thing to me is that the teacher is from the UK.  Is this country not capable of teaching their own?  I understand having a compassion for the children in these lesser developed countries, but a country with such strict rules should be able to produce teachers... I would think.

I think it is simply a social mind set to be against everyone to the point of being absurd, which brings up the term that Joyce speaks, "tyrant".  There will always be absurd life or death decisions in tyranny controlled environments. 

The children shall remember this.  May it be a blessing in disguise.

Joe

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/30/2007 9:47:26 AM

Hello Venerina,

The truth of the matter is that “Teddy bear” is a total insult to the islamist prophet. Here is why. (one needs to do some brainstorming to understand Islamism!)

In 1902 President Theodore Roosevelt was on a hunting trip in Mississippi. As reported in the Washington Post, the presidential hunting party. trailed and lassoed a lean, black bear, then tied it to a tree. The president was summoned, but when he arrived on the scene he refused to shoot the tied and exhausted bear, considering it to be unsportsmanlike, hence Teddy’s bear.

Now for an English teacher to nickname the prophet to the same name as to an American president in this time and age is a political and historical blunder as well as totally unbecoming to say the least. Go figure!

My two cents.

Kind regards to you Venerina.

Robert.

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/30/2007 10:56:06 AM
Hello Napoleon

I am flitting between here and my comments on yahoo news bulletin .. so forgive me .

This event is blatantly being used as a racist attack, which is also absurd. 

There is plenty of room on this planet for everyone ... Even if the woman made a mistake ... which in my opinion she did not ...

1) Children are children ... they name a loving object with a loving name ... This is a good thing ... not a bad one.   It means the children love their Prophet so much ... or they may love someone in their family so much ...

2) It keeps their religion alive like I said earlier.

Calling for her execution seems to me an extremism and a lashing out whatever pepped up anger they have against a culture different to their own.

Take care and thank you for your support

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/30/2007 11:00:19 AM
Hello Robert

I respect everybody's different opinions ... as I believe that there is no right or wrong if you believe it ...

I also believe that you should live your life without harming others.  Of course, we cannot all walk through life without hurting someone but the fewer we hurt, the better we would have done!!!

This is just a burst of something completely out of proportion that maybe in the underlying currents has nothing to do with the teacher at all.

Maybe it's just another excuse to feed the hate and resentment ... and this pains me ... because the sufferer on the end of the stick is a school teacher who was trying to do her best in the best interest of the children.

She let them have a democratic vote.  She let them be heard.  She Honoured those children.

Is that a killing offence?

Take care
V.
+0
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/30/2007 11:25:44 AM

Hello Venerina,

I obviously think as you do but I have been there for some years in the ’70.

What I am saying is simply that there is no way, absolutely no way to iron down the western thinking with Islamism. The poor lady is British and thereby notoriously known to being an ally of the great American satan. They have unmasked the Trojan horse that the teddy bear in reality is. Trying to sub verse the children with such a ploy is demoniacal. Hopefully, it being the cool season out there 35°c (90°f) she might get away with it, but definitely not without being thoroughly ruffled.

My best and kind regards to you,

Robert.   
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!