Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Pics From Rockland Maine
9/17/2007 6:04:17 PM
Pilot Travel Center
I-285 X-51
Atlanta, GA

Hi, James!

I hope your patient gets all the medical attention he needs and that all turns out okay for him.

I'm sorry you hurt your leg. As is often said, been there - done that!  I hurt my lower back about 5 years ago when I slipped on some ice.  I didn't fall all the way to the ground, which I think would have been better.  When I slipped, I managed to grab the rail next to my truck's catwalk ... and that sudden "stop" during my fall made me twist my upper torso.  There was no immediate pain - maybe because of the cold weather.  It was freezing at the time, of course.

At that time, I was driving team.  And a couple of days later, I had a hard time getting out of the sleeper.  As the day went by, it got harder and harder for me to even walk or stand up straight!  My partner had to do all HIS driving and part of mine (don't tell DOT)!  Fortunately, we had to bobtail out a customer's yard and saw a chiropractor's office on the way.  I asked my partner to park and I went inside.  I entered the office with my body at almost a 90% angle ... and the clerk didn't even ask me anything.  She just said, "The doctor will be right with you."

All tests (incredible technology) showed that my entire back was hurt ... but mostly my lower back, just above the waistline.  Long story short, I walked out of there completely upright.  Even my partner was surprised!  However, James, that pain comes back ONCE in a while.  Not as bad as it was before, but it does.  I sincerely hope that you have better luck with your leg ... 'cause pain AT ANY AGE is no fun!

Your Adlander Friend,

Guadalupe Picon
http://www.CanYouBlogMeNow.com

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/17/2007 7:25:12 PM

Guadalupe, I've been having back problems for about 10 years now. You have my simpathy!!! I have to go to the chiropractor every once in a while to keep things straightened out. The leg problem, however, is something new to deal with. Tomorrow I go back to Philadelphia, then down to Greenville, SC then back to Philly. This time it's a pediatric patient.

+0
9/17/2007 7:56:14 PM
Pilot Travel Center
I-285 X-51
Atlanta, GA

Hi,James!

Well, looks like we're both just getting too old, huh?

Good luck in your flights and take care, my friend!

I just delivered here in Atlanta, and I hope I get a load out of here tomorrow morn.

Your Adlander Friend,

Guadalupe Picon

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/18/2007 9:33:54 AM

Hi Guadalupe, maybe we could rondevous. We are not too far from one another right now!! Have a good one.

+0
9/18/2007 4:12:33 PM
At the shipper
South Fulton Parkway
Atlanta, GA

Hi, James!

That's exactly why I always include my location with my messages ... to let my friends know where I am in case they'd like a stab at meeting me somewhere along my route!  The only time I won't be able to do that is when I'm carrying a high-risk load ... for security reasons.

Right now I'm getting loaded here in southwest Atlanta.  I'll be heading east on I-20 to I-95, then north on I-95 to Dunn, NC to deliver tomorrow.

One of these days we WILL get together, my friend!

By the by, my blog's comments function is working.  One of my Canadian friends left a comment.  He thought it hadn't accepted it because he got some kind of "not accepted" message.  But what happened was that his comment had links in it ... and it was held in queue for my moderation.  Neat, huh?  You can see his comment and my reply on my blog.

Your Adlander Friend,

Guadalupe Picon

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!