Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Pics From Rockland Maine
9/16/2007 10:58:28 AM
Hi James, Look at all those beautiful sailboats! I guess they were all in port because of the rain. Is the Navigator Inn as popular a sailor hangout as it looks? Are you a sailor or a pilot or both (or neither)? I used to do quite a bit of sailing in FL. In pic #5, that little harborage opens out onto what body of water? All of FL sailboat marina, etc have sand and palm trees around them, not evergreens. Thanks so much for sharing these!
+0
9/16/2007 8:57:51 PM
Pilot Travel Center
I-40 X-280
West Memphis, AR

Hi, James!

Roger on the sightseeing ... and I know those are digital pics.  I take them too, only I've been using a "cheap" Olympus model.  I buy everything "cheap" just in case someone decides to break into my truck and "borrow" stuff ... knowwhatamean?

My camera is a 4.0 megapixel Olympus model D-590ZOOM.  What model is your Sony?  I just may get one if I can afford it!

By the by, you didn't miss much if you didn't get to my blog.  I had to scrap it and start all over again.  That blog, for some unknown reason, was not allowing anyone to post comments ... as you found out yourself.

I decided to start a new blog using WordPress.  Seems like it's working fine.  Only for THIS blog, people will have to register in order to post ... which I think is okay.  That just may keep spammers away from it.  If you decide to register and leave your comments, you're welcome to include 2 links with your post ... if you want your comments posted right away, that is.  If a comment has MORE than 2 links, the system puts it on "hold" for review ... kinda-like a moderated forum.

Well, keep your eyes on the horizon, my friend!

Your Adlander Friend,

Guadalupe Picon

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/16/2007 9:43:20 PM

Lorraine, this is up in a place called Rockland, Maine. It's off the Atlantic seaboard of course, but not anywhere near Florida. Apparently there was a sailboat in harbor from Jupitor, Florida. Actually, the weather was beautiful the first day I was there. The second day brought rain, and the third day, well, what can I say, I'm in Cleveland, Oh. now. Yes, I'm an air ambulance pilot, and not a sailor. Sometimes I wish I was a sailor, but I guess it's not in the cards right now!!!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/16/2007 9:47:51 PM

Hey Guadalupe, I borrowed the camera to take those pics, I'll find out what kind of sony it was my friend!! Those pics turned out real good huh. Wait till I get some more on here. I like Maine, but I tell you, it turned cold real fast yesterday!!!

PS: I sat in JFK for 3 hours this afternoon before coming on to Cleveland. I picked up a 24 year old who needs a valve replaced in his heart. I hope the kid makes it, he weighed 350 pounds, we had a hard time getting him in and out!!!!

+0
9/16/2007 10:24:10 PM
Pilot Travel Center
I-40 X-280
West Memphis, AR

Hi, James!

You just stirred up a very sad episode in my life when you mentioned that "heavy" patient.

Many years ago, I was a member of Maverick County REACT.  In case you've never heard of REACT, it means Radio Emergency Associated Citizens Team.  This was back when using a CB radio was a rage.

Anyway, one day I heard a distress call from across the river in Mexico.  Someone was yelling for help 'cause someone was drowning.  There was no way I could be of any use, but I raced into Mexico anyway.  By the time I was on the highway, a pickup was on the way into town with 3 drowning victims - 2 girls, 13 & 16, and a VERY huge man.  When we got to the hospital, we were told to just put the victims on some concrete tables that they had in what appeared to be a morgue.  I carried the 13-year-old inside by myself.  When I got back outside, they were having a hard time with the man.  He was so huge that he didn't fit in anything to carry him inside.  Finally, someone thought of using a DOOR that was there leaning against a wall.  It took 6 of us to carry him inside on the door.

The sad part about the whole thing is this:  the bodies of the man and the 16-year-old felt COLD.  But the body of the 13-year-old girl that I carried in appeared to still be warm in comparison.  Since I was the last to leave the room, I was afraid to start CPR for fear of having the whole episode misinterpreted.  (You found out yourself how easy that can be.)

To this day, I've always asked myself if I could have saved that girl's life.  Guess I'll never know!

Your Adlander Friend,

Guadalupe Picon

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!