Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Thoughts on Aging
8/6/2007 1:36:23 PM
Hi Arthur, I think you had your need fullfilled with peace of mind. I remember wanting a bicyle. I earned it by keeping school lunch money and working in the cafeteria for a free lunch. I remember wanting a guitar and as an adult bought one. Sad to say I did very little with it. Now, my greatest want was to be debt free and get rid of things that took too much to take care of, owned me, and controlled my freedom. I feel free like you. There is nothing like peace of mind. Have a great day good buddy. I always love your wisdom.
+0
8/6/2007 6:48:11 PM

Hello Mary

You have put a perspective on aging that I really hadn't thought that much about. I like it. Being 54 now, I do tend to think a little more about the aging process than I used to.

On this topic, I just received a message from our good friend Jerilyn today and she too has offered a take on the aging process in her Myspace Blog. I thought I would share it with you , before she gets a chance too. LOL

TRIP TO WAL MART ... LOL!
Category: MySpace

TRIP  TO WAL MART 

You are  in the middle of some kind of project around the house. Mowing the  lawn, putting a new fence in, painting the living room, or  whatever. You are hot and sweaty. Covered in dirt or paint. You  have your old work clothes on. You know the outfit, shorts with  the hole in crotch, old t-shirt with a stain from who knows what,  and an old pair of tennis shoes.

Right in the middle of  this great home improvement project you realize you need to run to  Wal-Mart to get something to help complete the job.  

Depending  on your age you might do the following:

In  your  20's:

Stop what you are  doing. Shave, take a shower, blow dry your hair, brush your teeth,  floss, and put on clean clothes. Check yourself in the mirror and  flex. Add ! a dab of your favorite cologne because you never know,  you just might meet some hot chick while standing in the checkout  lane. You went to school with the pretty girl running the  register.

In your  30's:

Stop what you are  doing, put on clean shorts and shirt.  Change shoes. You  married the hot chick so no need for much else.. Wash your hands  and comb your hair. Check yourself in the mirror. Still got it.  Add a shot of your favorite cologne to cover the smell. The cute  girl running the register is the kid sister to someone you went to  school with.

In your  40's:

Stop what you are  doing. Put a sweatshirt that is long enough to cover the hole in  the crotch of your shorts. Put on different shoes and a hat. Wash  your hands. Your bottle of Brute Cologne is almost empty so you  don't want to waste any of it on a trip to Wal Mart. Check  yourself in the mirror and do more sucking in than flexing. The  spicy young thing running the register is your daughter's age and  you feel weird thinking she is spicy.  

In your  50's:

Stop what you are  doing. Put a hat on, wipe the dirt off your hands onto your shirt.  Change shoes because you don't want to get dirt in your new sports  car. Check yourself in the mirror and you swear not to wear that  shirt anymore because it makes you look fat. The cutie running the  register smiles when she sees you coming and you think you still  have it. Then you remember the hat you have on is from your  buddy's bait shop and it says, "I Got Worms".    

In your  60's:

Stop what you are  doing. No need for a hat anymore. Hose off the dog poop on your  shoes. The mirror was shattered when you were in your 50's. You  hope you have underwear on so nothing hangs out the hole in your  pants. The girl  running the register may be cute but you don't  have your glasses on so you are not sure.  

In your  70's:

Stop what you are  doing. Wait to go to Wal-Mart until they have your prescriptions  ready too. Don't' even notice the dog poop on your shoes. The  young thing at the register smiles at you because you remind her  of her grandfather.  

In your  80's:

Stop what you are  doing. Start again. Then stop again. Now you remember that you  needed to go to Wal-Mart.  Go to Wal-Mart and wander around  trying to think what it is you are looking for.  The old  lady that greeted you at the front door went to school with you.  

In your  90's:
Send someone else to  Wal-Mart!
Targeted Search Engine Traffic!
Free Affiliate Opportunity - Monthly Residual Income
http://www.my-easy-promoter.com/jerilyn.html
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/6/2007 7:50:31 PM
William, I received the e-mail you posted here just a few days ago. Now when I go to Wal-mart if chuckle to myself. In fact last night I offered to clean carpet, having just rented the rug doctor. We laughed over it and guess what when I took it back today he was at the door. Again we exchanged joking remarks about my coming to his house to clean the carpet. Gosh, maybe Walmart at my age is the place to meet potential male friends. Think I will hang out in the sports section. Maybe I can find a man with a camper to accompany south in the winter. Walmart dating service. Well why not?? Look through profiles while waiting for the perscription.
+0
8/6/2007 7:57:09 PM
Hello Mary,

This is to cute and funny.  Although I never even think about getting older I'm 60 something now and I don't think I'm old.  I always say "I'm like a good wine I improve with age" LOL.

God Bless,
Gaby

God Bless Everyone
+0
8/6/2007 8:45:55 PM

Hello Again Mary

You just might be on to somethng here. I like the part about hanging around the sporting goods section. I am sure it would be more fun than the library.

During your time in sportings goods, May I suggest you wear a tea shirt with the following logo on it. LOL

Another IdRatherBe image: (rather_be_camping) for MySpace from ZingerBug

Baby Kaleb, we send you our love,our prayers and our healing light. 
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/729254/2/ShowThread.aspx                     

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
           and be there waiting,,, when you awaken.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively

Stop Illegal IImmigration

Visit the Billallys Pub network at:

http://pub-network.ryze.com
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!