Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Thoughts on Aging
8/6/2007 11:58:12 AM
Right on Judy!!! As a retiree I answer to no one as to how I spend my time. I can work, play and enjoy the days I have remaining. The end of the rainbow looks good from here. When I downsized my home and got rid of a lot of things that were tying me down, I had a wonderful feeling of relief. Now it's time to enjoy.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/6/2007 11:59:51 AM
Hi Heidi, Welcome to my forum. I think this is your first visit, so a great big warm welcome goes to you. Keep laughing. That's what keep the world in balance.
+0
Bruce Butler

186 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/6/2007 12:08:26 PM

Mary: I think they got it right!

Thanks, Bruce

http://www.Seaweed4u.ws Seaweedman Help Veterans
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/6/2007 12:35:10 PM
They got it right---meaning people as they pass through these stages. Think so too, as our perspective changes and we begin to value the basics as we age. What does it take us happy!!! They got it right------meaning the people that wrote it. Well that was me. I take the blame or the credit. Thanks for stopping in.
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/6/2007 1:18:10 PM

Hi, Mary,

Which stage am I at?

None of them. As I said, little boys never grow up.

I have always been grateful, every day.

To start with it was the gratitude that my mother was still alive when I got up in the morning and that my father managed NOT to get knocked over on his way to and from work.

Since I was first very ill, I have been grateful just to wake up in the morning. It is never clear to me if my first emotion is surprise or gratitude.

My life is too full of fun and meaning to worry about collecting things - they only cause clutter and have to be looked after or stored.

I can't think of a single thing I ever actually wanted.

The Old Coot

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!