Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE HIGH RENAISSANCE - RAPHAEL
4/29/2013 1:40:14 AM

And now, dear friends,
I would like to post a few master works by Raphael Sanzio that I have been able to find during a swift research of the best art websites on the Internet. For the moment, let me start with his most famous The School of Athens of 1509, perhaps the greatest work of art ever painted in the fresco technique, and with the no less famous portrait of Agnolo Doni (in my next post). As usual, you may click on the images to enlarge them.

Raphael Sanzio - The School of Athens (Fresco, 1509)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2013 2:05:01 AM
Currently housed in the Vitti Palace in Florenze, the portrait of Agnolo Doni is one of a pair that depict a recently married merchant and his wife (not shown in this thread). Much in the style of Leonardo's Mona Lisa, although with an important difference in the landscape background, it transmits an overall sense of serenity.

Raphael Sanzio - Portrait of Agnolo Doni (oil on wood, 1506)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2013 3:11:05 AM
Two additional extraordinary portraits - indeed, among the best ever painted by Raphael -
to adorn these pages: these of Bindo Altoviti and Baldasare Castiglioni.

Raphael Sanzio - Portrait of Baldasare Castiglioni
(oil on canvas, c.1515)

Raphael Sanzio - Portrait of Bindo Altoviti
(oil on canvas,
1510 - 1515)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2013 3:34:12 AM
One of Raphael's early-life works, this most sofisticated altarpiece was commissioned by the Albizzini family for a chapel in the Church of San Francesco, Città di Castello. A real master piece.

Raphael Sanzio - The Wedding of the Virgin (oil on canvas, 1505)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2013 3:51:41 AM
What to say of these three exquisite master works by Raphael? They are counted among the most beautiful Madonnas ever painted by experts and critics alike.

Raphael Sanzio - The Sistine Madonna (oil on canvas, c.1505)

Raphael Sanzio - Madonna Belvedere ("Madonna del Prato")
(oil on wood, 1506)

Raphael Sanzio - Madonna of Loreto (oil on wood, 1509-1510)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!